Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Favorites 11.18.16

Happy Friday!  Always glad to see the weekend.

This favorite is a two-fer.  My mom is coming down this weekend.  That in of itself is a favorite, but what we are doing is another favorite - decorating!  Last year my mom came down to help me decorate for Christmas and she is doing it again this year.  It's always nice to have the help.  She is great to bounce ideas off of and if I am missing something, she is my favorite shopping buddy.  Also, I sometimes get a little overwhelmed when I pull out all my decorations.  My apartment is relatively small, so it seems like a lot of the floor space is just boxes and decorations before it all comes together.  At first look I always kind of think, what did I get myself into, because it always gets worse before it gets better.  Having her help me alleviates that feeling and makes it more enjoyable!

Last year's Christmas tree - you can find last year's Christmas home tour here.

This cover of "Closer" by The Chainsmokers by Boyce Avenue featuring Sarah Hyland.  I saw a snippet of this on Instagram and I have probably listened to it like 20 times since on YouTube.  I just love it!  In turn, I also listened to a bunch of other covers done by Boyce Avenue - lots of good ones.  Definitely check them out!

I got my Ebates check in the mail this week - it's always such a fun mail day when that happens.  If you haven't been using Ebates you can click here for my referral link and sign up.  It's so handy, all you do is sign up, then when you go to order something online, you just type in that shop, click the shop now button and you are rerouted to that website and you proceed per usual.  By going through Ebates you get cash back on you purchase.  It sounds too good to be true, but I have yet to find any catches and I have been using it for over a year now.  It's usually just a little bit here and there, but it can add up over time!   

Starting today at 4:00, I am on "vacation" for the next week.  Both Thursday and Friday are holidays at my company, and I am taking off Monday-Wednesday to use up some PTO days and just enjoy some time off!  I am also hoping to catch up on some blog reading, too!

Hope you all have a great weekend.


Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 

20 comments:

  1. Oh man girl - enjoy your long long weekend / vacation!! I can't wait to see how you decorate this year!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that your mom is coming to help you decorate for Christmas!! My house is a wreck right now and I need major help getting the lights started on the top of the tree. That's what Dustin is supposed to do today before he leaves for hunting. I'm also SO JEALOUS that you are off all next week! If I had the days, I would totally take off Monday and Tuesday to give myself the longest Thanksgiving break ever. You'll have to text me while you're enjoying The Today Show and I'm telling kids to quit licking textbooks (true story haha)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, so excited you're starting a vacation! How fun to have your mama come help you decorate, Last years tree was beautiful and I know you're going to do a wonderful job this year, can't wait to see it all! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome to use up some PTO and get the whole week of Thanksgiving off! I'm sure you will ahve so much fun with your mom this weekend- I can't wait to see how you guys decorate this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck decorating!! So much fun. And enjoy your week off that sounds absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your vacation! That's great you are able to take some time off. Have fun decorating! We'll be tackling that next weekend. I love ebates!!! I just got my check too which always makes me so happy or just reminds that maybe I shop too much...nah never lol Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have so much fun with your mom and enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, moms are great for a helping with all that fun stuff! And just a nice plus you get to spend some time with your momma!

    Good for you that you took those extra days! Also, nice to have an extra long long weekend ;)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahoo! Enjoy your vacation! Love your decor & Ebates is THE BESTTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tree from last year! Enjoy your weekend with your mom and your week off work! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard that version with Sarah Hyland and I couldn't believe what a great singer she is! I love her so much and we love our Modern Family. Enjoy your time with your momma this weekend. I know it always makes you happy to have her around. And I can't wait to see your decorations! I loved your home last year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy the time with your mom and decorating your apartment! It's always so much fun to decorate for the holidays with somebody you love! And I'll be super jealous of your time off next week! Enjoy your time away from work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been using a website very similar to Ebates called Giving Assistant and I'm obsessed with it! You're totally right - a little bit here and there adds up really fast, especially around the holidays! Enjoy your mama and have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ebates is amazing and totally pays off during the holidays! Your tree from last year is so pretty! How fun your mom visiting! I hope you have a fabulous week off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have fun decorating! That sounds like a great weekend & I can't wait to see the pictures :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome to have the whole week off!! I'm not looking forward to my wild students excitement Monday-Wednesday! Have the best time decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your Christmas tree from last year! I'm looking forward to everyone's tour for holiday decorations soon!

    www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun time with you mom! Decorating is always a big job so it's great to have some help. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your tree from last year. I am about to listen to that video now that you recommended it. Have a great week off!!!

    ReplyDelete