Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Favorites 11.11.16

Happy Friday!  It seems like the past few weeks have been long ones, with late nights due to the World Series, and then with the election.  Even though, election night I definitely fell asleep early on the couch, but was in and out most of the night getting a results updated.


Image result for friyay image

via
1.  Thursday was my Friday, so as you read this, I am enjoying a much needed day off.  As I write this, the day's plans range from taking a day trip, heading to a winery, or just staying close to home.  Either way, it's going to be a good day!

2.  This weekend my mom and I are going to a holiday market.  I am so excited!  We went last year and had a lot of fun looking at all the different booths.  We picked up some goodies, as well as got some good DIY ideas.  I am feeling the Christmas spirit a little earlier than normal this year, and this just adds to it! 

3.  I recently tried some of the 21 Day Fix work outs.  My co-worker's wife let me borrow her DVDs, just to give it a test before pulling the trigger on buying it myself.  I really enjoyed it.  It's only 30 minutes, with some days of a 10 minute ab work out added in.  I sweat during the work outs and am sore the next day, which to me means a good work out.  Thanks to everyone who gave me work out suggestions - I really appreciate it!  Right now I think this may be the one for me, but I definitely plan on referring back to the comments when I need another change! 

4.  This is kind of silly, but on Monday morning, as I was packing my lunch, I realized that I had left my lunch bag at work on Friday.  It would be no big deal, but they recently started cleaning out all the refrigerators at work on Friday, and stating that everything left in the fridge would be thrown away...everything, including lunch bags.  Lucky for me, the cleaning person must have been feeling generous, because my lunch bag was sitting out on the counter when I got in on Monday, next to a few other unclaimed dishes.  It wouldn't have been a huge deal had I needed to get a new one, but just one of those things I appreciated not having to do.  I am glad it worked out in my favor!

5.  Comedic relief.  Last night I saw Hacksaw Ridge.  Such good movie, but very, very intense and gory.  The story is amazing, though.  The best part is that they actually have an interview with the real Desmond Doss at the end - really cool.  The whole movie just really makes you appreciate veterans even more!  However, it's kind of a lot and leaves you a bit emotionally spent.  Enter Modern Family, which never fails to make me smile.  Sometimes you just need a bit of laughter to offset some of the heavier stuff from the day! 


Hope everyone has a great weekend - see you on Monday!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 

20 comments:

  1. Have fun at the Christmas show! I really have been itching to go to one too. 21DF is a great workout. Dirty 30 is my favorite in the series. How nice to find your lunch bag not thrown away!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day off today-I'm jealous! This is like the one government holiday that my school system doesn't take off, but we have vets come in to school to talk to the kids so that's pretty cool!
    So glad you didn't have them take your lunch bag. I think it's a little ridiculous they'd throw away a lunch bag after one day, but I guess each place has their own rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your long weekend and the holiday market with your mom girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. A holiday market sounds like the best time!! I am hoping to get to get to a craft fair this weekend or next with my family. I love getting ideas from them! I'm glad you like 21 day fix!! And I hope you're enjoying your day off!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that market sounds awesome!!! Have the BEST day off beautiful and soak in some Fall weekend fun and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas show sounds so so much! I'm participating in one here in NY this weekend, and I can't wait! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 21 Day Fix is the best. The Extreme version is great, also! Enjoy the Holiday Market. I have plans to hit up our local one next week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for your lunchbox not being thrown out-- like you said not a big deal, but sometimes little things make a big difference. My parents saw that movie last weekend and they really enjoyed it too. I've been watching Jane the Virgin lately and it's so nice to just watch something kind of silly/fun. A holiday market sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing the 21 day fix & love it! I haven't been able to be perfect on the eating and workout plan yet because of our crazy schedule this week and upcoming vacation but it's already so great so I can't wait to fully commit after Thanksgiving! Have you tried their Shakeology drinks? I was hesitant to try them but I'm loving them for breakfast!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! Enjoy your day off and visiting the holiday market with your mom! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are enjoying a nice day off. I just started doing the 21 day fix workouts and I am so sore from Lower Fix on Wednesday. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rally want to see Hacksaw Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'm normally with you on team "no Christmas until thanksgiving is over" buuuut for some reason this year, I'm ready!!! :) have SO much fun with your mom at the holiday market and also the winery today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm jealous of your Christmas market this weekend! Hope you have a fun day off today!

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay about your lunch bag not getting thrown away, I've left mine overnight and panicked a little bit that it'll still be there the next day. There is a huge holiday market going on literally down the street from me, but I won't be able to make it there. Hope you enjoy and get great goodies! We're going to see Hacksaw Ridge tonight and I totally blanked on the fact that it's Veteran's Day today so it'll make it even more sentimental watching it! Heard fantastic things about it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm jealous of your day off. Working in the hair business, holidays are our busiest days since everyone else has the day off. SO here I am at work. I did 21 day fix when it first came out (I was a Beachbody coach then) and I loved it. The workouts and meal plan are super easy as long as you plan in advance. The workout are good workouts for 30 minutes too. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love going to holiday markets!! It's so fun to see the variety of things, to do some shopping and to sample the treats. The best one I ever went to was in Mississippi. I should look for one in the Midwest to go to :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thankfully you had a nice cleaning lady at work. Yay for Holiday Markets. Hope you enjoyed your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete