Thursday, November 17, 2016

Christmas Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers

I know we haven't even gotten to Thanksgiving yet so this gift guide may seem premature, but if you are like me, you are trying to get your shopping done early! 

For Christmas, my family has always done stocking stuffers, along with a few bigger presents, too.  My parents do great at the stocking stuffers (and the larger presents!) - they almost never ask for ideas or suggestions.  However, on the off chance they do, I have a few ideas to share.  Even if you don't do stocking stuffers in your family, but are looking for smaller gifts for friends, I think these all would be great choices.



1.  Chapstick.  If you are like me,  you need some type of chapstick with you at all times.  I have one in my purse, on my desk at work, in my nightstand, and in the little basket by the door that holds me keys, just in case I need some before heading out.  While I lean towards just regular, old Chapstick, you can tailor it to personal preferences, whether it be Burt's Bees, Carmex, or this cute little gift set that includes three different Fresh Sugar lip balmsBiana made a great point about gift sets, too, you can always break them apart and give one to different people you are buying for.


2.  Kiehl's Face Masque Gift Set.  My second post ever, was on this Kiehl's face masque - it's so good!  I ran out of mine awhile ago, and have just been lazy about purchasing another one.  I saw this gift set and would love to open it up on Christmas morning.  If you keep it together, it gives you the opportunity to try out all different masques, but again, you could split it up and share the wealth!


3.  Socks.  I am pretty sure that socks are always in our stockings at home.  I rarely buy myself athletic socks, so I actually look forward to getting these on Christmas.  If you don't want to do athletic socks, some fun patterned ones, like these from Loft would be great, too.  This gift idea is perfect, too, because it works for both guys and gals!


4.  An ornament.  I love Christmas ornaments.  When we were younger, my brother and I both had tiny trees in our bedrooms.  Every year, my parents would get us a little ornament to add to our tree.  Since we have moved out of the house, my mom has given us our trees, but the ornament idea is still a great one.  You can never have too many!


5.  Candles.  Lately, I have been obsessed with candles.  These are my three favorites for Christmas and winter (Mistletoe Kisses / The Smell of Christmas (on sale!) / Frasier Fir ).  I have always wanted to check out the Nest candles at Nordstrom, and I know that these Anthropologie candles are a favorite to many.

6.  A cookbook (or regular book - I just love cookbooks!).  Cookbooks are great gifts, and often not too expensive.  You can usually find them at a reasonable price on Amazon, or use a coupon at Barnes and Noble.  Not only would it be a good stocking stuffer, it would be a great stand alone present.  You could add in a dishtowel and some utensils if you want to spice it up!  I really like In the Kitchen with Kris, Cravings, and Eats here of late, and have Skinnytaste Fast and Slow and The Seasoned Life on my Christmas wish list. 

7.  A calendar.  My brother and sister in law gifted us all 'Jack' calendars last year - a calendar make up of pictures of my nephew.  Calendars are so nice because you can customize them like they did, or you can get one specific to a person's tastes and interests.  Whether it be hanging or a desktop calendar, you can't really go wrong.

8.  A magazine subscription.  I mentioned this on Tuesday when I shared my favorite magazines, but it's definitely worth saying again.  It's a gift that keeps on giving, and can be a repeatable gift.  You can keep renewing the same subscription every year, or you can gift a new magazine.

9.  Beer / Wine.  Both are such great and easy gifts.  Especially with the beer, if you aren't sure what they are into, or you know they enjoy trying different beers, you can build your own six pack for a unique take.

10.  Nail polish.  I have been all about the Essie Gel Couture line lately.  While they do run a bit more than other brands of nail polish, the staying power is well worth it to me.

This list really could go on and on, but I thought 10 was a good number to stop at.  

What are your favorite stocking stuffers?

Linking up with Annie.
      

16 comments:

  1. Chapstick and nail polish are always stocking stuffers I love! I told Dustin this year that I also needed another beauty blender and wanted one for my stocking stuffer. I also usually get some Resse Christmas tress too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily! This post has me all kinds of excited! I LOVE stocking stuffers! For my kids I always do cozy socks, a new toothbrush, fun band-aids, a couple candy treats and my big kid will get a lego mini-figure. For my husband I put in some of his favorite snacks for his commute, socks, and iTunes gift cards. I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have SO many good ideas-- my stocking was my favorite thing when I was growing up, but we don't really do them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chapstick is such a fun idea-a great opportunity to give a new flavor/brand too! I am also obsessed with candles and would personally LOVE some in my stocking ;-) We also always got special 'holiday candy' in our stockings growing up-Chocolate cherry cordials were a special treat and I only got them once a year in my stocking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun stocking stuffer ideas! I will never turn down socks, candles, chapstick, wine, nail polish, nail files, $5 gift cards to starbucks etc, or lottery tickets!! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I would love to find any of these in my stocking! I've been wanting to try a new face mask. I'm going to check out your recommendation. It's more "me" shopping than Christmas shopping, but that's ok, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all GREAT ideas! I always put Chapstick, an ornament, and socks in B's stocking, and I also love those tiny little bottles of liquor for stocking stuffers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to just send this post to my husband. Haha!! I love all of these ideas and would be thrilled to receive all of this in a stocking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stocking stuffers are always so much fun, and I feel like they tend to be things that people do the same thing year after year and become traditions. I love the idea of nail polish because it's so easy! We've always done lottery tickets in my family, which is always fun to do Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost always put chapstick and socks in my kids stockings..lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these ideas! They definitely got me in the Christmas spirit and gave me some ideas for coworkers :) I'm super intrigued by those face masks too.. might have to order myself a christmas present from myself... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that chapstick is your #1...you are a girl after my own heart! haha great list!!!

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun list! I'd love get practical things that I hate buying for myself like socks, chapstick, fun polish and maybe even some cute kitchen towels. My husband would be thrilled to find his favorite beer in his stocking :) I'm doing some practical things in my kid's stockings as well as their favorite treats. Nothing pricey - just fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great list! I think I'm adding that Kiehls mask set to my Christmas list. I have heard great things about Kiehl but have never tried. I just got my kids their own mini tree for their rooms this year and I will get them a new ornament for it each year

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some of my favorite stocking stuffers. Things that I love to use are my favorite. Love that chapstick!!! I want to try that mask sets. I have used other stuff from them, but never the mask. I love cozy socks. I have some buttery socks from Nordstrom that are my favorite to give out. Great ideas and things I will add to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete