Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: October 2016


Another month has come and almost gone.  It's hard to believe - soon it will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas!  I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...

Monday: Veggie Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Tuesday:  Beef Fasolia
Wednesday: up in the air - may be a good night to pick up or order out!
Thursday:  Andrea's Pulled Pork
Friday:  BBQ Quesadillas

What I'm reminiscing about...same as last month - nothing really!  If anything, I would have to say those nights where you leave work on time and have all evening to do whatever you want, catch up on DVR, read a book, that type of evening!

What I'm loving...the cooler weather.  Seriously, it's just the best.  Although Friday is supposed to have a high of 80 (what in the world?!), the rest of the week has been and will be your ideal fall weather.

What I've been up to...work, work, work during the week!  Earlier this month, I hit up Vintage Market Days, a Jaguar car show, headed home for my cousin's wedding AND celebrated my mom's birthday!

What I'm dreading...we have some big stuff at work this week, so while I am not dreading it, I am a bit nervous and anxious!

What I'm working on...finding a fitness routine that works for me.  I have been getting a bit bored with what I normally do, so I am trying to find effective ways to switch it up.  Any suggestions?

What I'm excited about...I am really excited for Thanksgiving.  I love getting together with family and eating all that delicious food.  I also love the fact that it is just holiday season - Thanksgiving to Christmas is probably my favorite time of year.  I just love the anticipation and build up!

What I'm watching...a lot of the same as before - Madame Secretary, Elementary, This is Us, Designated Survivor, RHONJ, RHOC, Manzo'd with Children, the list really just goes on.  My DVR is FULL!

What I'm listening to...nothing at the moment, but I think Christmas music may make an appearance sooner than later.  My mom is probably shaking her head right now.  Growing up, and still now, Christmas music was always reserved for the way home from my Grandma's on Thanksgiving.  So after we give Thanksgiving it's due, then we listen to the music, not before!

What I'm wearing...my new boots!  I realize I have already mentioned them a few times, but it's true.  I wore them last weekend and can't wait to break them out again.  Jackets are finally becoming necessary, too, which I don't mind at all since I picked up this military one during the Nordstrom sale.  It's just been waiting my closet to be worn!

What I'm doing this weekend...I am hoping to a weekend very similar to the last - productive, but relaxing.

What I'm looking forward to next month...Thanksgiving!  Black Friday!  Hopefully some time off of work, too!

Bonus Question: What is your favorite Halloween memory/picture/tradition...I think one of my favorite memories is going trick or treating in the rain.  It was really, really raining and I think we only made it on our street, like the one block, but I remember thinking we just HAD to go trick or treating, even though the weather was bad.  My favorite picture is by far from when I was little.  I was a Care Bear, I think Sleepy Bear, but if you saw the look on my face, I would have been a much better Grumpy Bear.  I am going to see if my mom can find that picture by the end of the week to share!  While I don't know if you would count this as a tradition, but I loved when my aunt would bring over my cousins to trick or treat.  They are younger, so when I was too old, it was so fun seeing them come all dressed up!

17 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Nike Training Club app? That's my new jam! I always find a good workout to keep motivated on there, especially when I don't have time to get out for a run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Christmas music! I used to wait until after Thanksgiving but I've been decorating earlier and earlier each year! Have you tried barre? I find that I love it and it's the only thing I stick with. I wish I could do it more than I actually do but the lack of childcare available at the studio stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shame in listening to Christmas music early! I will start listening to it next week!! And your menu looks wonderful for the week!! I love that we both put that we're looking forward to Black Friday hahaha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up in New York, we would pray that it wouldn't snow on Halloween! I remember one year my big sister had to drag me through the snow so we could still go trick or treating! It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever do any of those beachbody workouts? I loved 21 day fix, and have heard all the others are awesome as well. I cannot wait for Christmas music either! That military jacket is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your big work week ends up being easier than expected!! And I'm so excited for Thanksgiving and Black Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. November 1 is the time for Christmas music! You don't have enough time if you start at US thanksgiving! hahaha I'm a Christmas fanatic so that just isn't enough for me haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally hear you on needing a new fitness routine! I have never found something that I absolutely loved, and I'm always so envious of those who have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to start listening to Christmas music. I love it. I totally love the show This is Us, it's so freaking good. I'm so thrilled it was picked up for a full season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started listening to Christmas music this week :) I know it's early but I don't like only celebrating the Christmas season for the few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas! So I say, turn it on early :)

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a fitness routine too so badly but in the meantime, can I come over to eat with y'all?? I'm so looking forward to thanksgiving and the holidays as well! I say bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. On the same boat as you about the fitness routine. I've been trying to go regularly everyday and so far so good! I have to keep it up though! Happy Hump day pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl I'm with you on the fitness routine. I would love to find a routine that I look forward to but sadly this has not happened for me yet. It would be especially great in preparation for the holiday season. Can we say smoked turkey, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole? I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you ever tried any of Jillian Michaels' fitness DVDs? I have the booty one and it is AWESOME. I did it nonstop between having Jacob and Olivia and it completely transformed my butt and legs. I keep saying I'm going to start doing it again, but I just haven't had time.

    And yes, see if your mom can find that pic of you!! I would love to see Little Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We never really listened to Christmas music before Thanksgiving growing up either, but I feel myself wanting to decorate and listen to music earlier and earlier now that I'm older. The satellite station is going to start playing it this month! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Christmas music, but my husband is on the same train of thought as your mom- so it's hard to sneak it in. I was bored with my workouts too and just started Lindsay Brin's 60 Day Pretty Fierce Lean Out. I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for Thanksgiving either. So much fun having the family get together for it. I need to change up my workouts as well!

    ReplyDelete