Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  Happy Monday!  Another weekend has come and gone.  Mine was low-key, but pretty productive.

After work on Friday, I went straight to the grocery store.  I have been working on getting my list done prior to the weekend, that way if I have time after work, I can just get there and get done.  I had a surprise when I got home - the dress I just ordered from Nordstrom had already arrived!  It wasn't supposed to ship until this week so I was pretty excited to see that!  I was craving something sweet, so I decided to make Mix and Match Mama's Creamy Peanut Butter Pie.  Now, I really don't like pie at all, but I had peanut butter pie once time and it was amazing.  This seemed so easy, so I decided to give it ago.  I changed things up with getting a Oreo cookies crust, instead of regular or graham cracker as the recipe calls for.  Since I just wanted a sweets fix, I am taking the majority of the pie to work today.  It was an early evening, as I could barely keep my eyes open!

I headed to the gym first thing Saturday morning to get it out of the way.  I made a yummy breakfast - I have really been loving scrambled eggs with cut up tomatoes and greens mixed in.  Paired with bacon and an apple mimosa, it was the perfect breakfast!  I just used the Simply Apple juice with champagne - so good!  A movie was on deck for the late morning, The Accountant.  Since I used to work in an accounting position, I had to see it, especially since it had Ben Affleck in it!  The movie was super good.  It didn't get the best reviews, which I don't quite understand, because it was really, really good.  It keeps you guessing which way the movie will actually turn out, which makes it so interesting.  Definitely good see this movie!  Later that afternoon I headed to The Butterfly House with a friend and her little one.  The Butterfly House is in a park, one I had never been to before.  It was neat walking around and see what else was all there.  More on that later this week!  I tried a new recipe for dinner, which was delicious.  I have been on a new recipe kick lately, and have found some really good ones.  I plan on pulling them all together in one post to share.  Another early night - I couldn't even stay up to watch the Cubs win!

I saw the very end of the Cubs game when I woke up on Sunday.  I have to say, I had a few tears in my eyes after hearing the announcer talking about what an emotional time it was for fans who grew up with grandparents, moms, dads who were such huge fans.  The phrase, I hope to see them win in my lifetime, is one that is heard often.  Unfortunately, two of the biggest Cubs fans I knew, my grandpa (mom's side) and grandma (dad's side) didn't make it to see them get to the World Series.  I wish they were still here to witness this, but I can just imagine them smiling down and celebrating the big win.  Such an exciting time for Cubs fans!  I decided to enjoy the cool morning and go for a walk instead of heading to the gym.  It was gorgeous out and I got to check off one of my fall bucket list items - crunching the leaves underneath my feet!  I spent the rest of the morning in the kitchen.  I made beef fasolia for dinner that night, another breakfast of scrambled eggs, then hamburgers and green beans for lunches this week.  An afternoon of laundry, reading and DVR catch up finished out the day, with a little break in there to take a drive to check out some of the fall colors - another fall bucket list item!

Image result for a sunday well spent brings a week of content
via 

Linking up with Biana.  

15 comments:

  1. I thought The Accountant looked like a really good movie! So glad yu like it! And I would have eaten that entire pie by myself haha! I love peanut butter pie! And your Sunday sounded like the perfect day!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend! I've made peanut butter pie from the Pioneer Woman before and it was incredible! We are all very excited about the CUBS win! My husband's entire family has been rooting for the Cub since forever so it is really nice to share these moments with his parents, and grandparents.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your weekend was filled with lots of yummy food, those are always the best!! And OMG the Cubs!! Like so so so so exciting!! I'm going to be getting no sleep again this week with the games but obviously so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We caught the end of the cubs game and it was so fun/emotional to watch how excited and happy everyone was & I don't even know any cubs fans. An apple mimosa sounds delicious- I've been wanting to try with apple cider, but the apple juice would be delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I always make sweets and then send them to work with Jamie. I know if I keep them around the house that I'll eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peanut butter pie? A Cubs win? What more could you want for a weekend! :) Sounds like it was great and I'm sure your grandparents are cheering the Cubbies on anyway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a full weekend! And I haven't tried Shay's Peanut Butter Pie, but I bet Brian would LOVE it. Peanut butter is one of his favorite things! I'll have to get the recipe! I guess it might be in my cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to see The Accountant because I'm an accountant, so I'm glad to hear that you liked it! Your weekend sounds so fabulous, and I love that you got to drive around and see some fall colors too! It's the best part about summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peanut Butter pie sounds so good. I'm so happy for the Cubs, so well deserved! This Boston gal is so rooting for them to win it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to drive for days before finding some fall color I'm afraid! Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear the movie was really good - it's on my list to watch!! Sounds like a fun weekend and hope it's been a great start to your week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm any kind of peanut butter dessert sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum!! All that food sounds so good! I'm in a cooking slump lately, so I always like to hear what others are eating.
    I bet your Grandma and Grandpa are celebrating the Cub's victory with Harry Caray this week! Best of luck to the Cubs. I think they may have the whole country (with the exception of Cleveland) rooting for them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to make all of these dishes you speak of, but I don't have a kitchen yet. Sometime soon. I want to try that peanut butter dessert too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your weekend does sound very nice! Having a relaxing Sunday really does make SUCH a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete