Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekend Recap

We are back to Monday...already!  This weekend was a great one, and I am definitely feeling the effects of it.

Friday was pretty uneventful.  Some DVR shows and that is about it!

The real fun started on Saturday with my cousin's wedding in the suburbs of Chicago.  A pit stop was made at my parents for lunch, then we all headed further north to the wedding venue.  Everything was held at the hotel, which was so nice.  Talk about convenient!  We were provided some super awesome welcome bags when we checked in the hotel, which included information about the area, two caramel apples (SO GOOD with caramel, chocolate drizzle and nuts), two packs of cookies, cheddar and caramel popcorn, almond candies and two bottles of water.  The ceremony was officiated by my cousin's brother in law, who did an excellent job.  Having the personal relationship just made it even more special.  My cousin and his now wife have a little girl together, who was the "Babe of Honor" and her son was the "Best Manchild."  He pulled the baby down the aisle in a little wagon and it was just the sweetest thing.  A reading was done from Jane Eyre, which I loved - so different, yet the words were so perfect.  It really was just a great ceremony.  Following the ceremony was a cocktail hour, then onto dinner and dancing.  The speeches were fantastic, specifically the best man's speech.  He spoke of my cousin by his different "names/titles" and how they represent a specific quality about him, ending with his most recent name of "Dad" and title of husband.  Probably one of the best speeches I have ever heard.  After dinner we got to dancing, which is my favorite part.  The DJ played some great songs and had a bunch of family out on the floor.  My aunts, and even some of my uncles can really bust a move!  One of the highlights of the night was when the Cubs won.  The game was on in the hotel bar, so you can imagine a ton of people were in and out watching the game.  After the Cubs pulled out a win, my cousin and his wife carried in a "W" flag, and replayed their Mr. & Mrs. banner on the sweetheart table with the flag, followed by a rousing "Go Cubs Go" song and dance.  After the reception was the "After Hours" party for those of us that made it past midnight.  Towards the end of the reception and throughout the after party, I caught up with the wife of another cousin and had just the best time talking with her.




Sunday morning I was definitely dragging - I never stay up late!  I slept in a bit, but then it was up and at 'em for a birthday brunch at my grandma's.  Instead of messing with making things, we went the easy route and got our small brunch catered by Egg Harbor.  It was super delicious - the french toast casserole was out of this world, especially paired with a mimosa.  Presents were opened, then it was time to hit the road for a long drive home.  A stop at one of my favorite pizza places was a must on the way back, followed by a quick trip to Target.  There, I picked up a copy of The Magnolia Journal, Chip and Joanna's new magazine.  I haven't made it all the way through yet, but I am LOVING it so far!  



Back to the real world today - hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Linking up with Biana.






16 comments:

  1. The wedding sounded like a blast but you definitely need a rest day from the weekend! haha! I need to pick up Chip and Joanna's magazine!!! For some reason, that never crossed my mind that it would be bought in stores! Are you going to buy their book?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I love weddings. I love chip and Joanna and need to find their magazine. I'm sure is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that speech does sound really amazing!! I love a good family wedding! Glad you were able to relax a bit this weekend as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lovely wedding. I like the fall welcome bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding sounds so so fun! I love when there are some good speeches! And YAY for the Cubs! We were watching Satuday freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a large group of Cubs fans in our family and the second I saw the W flag I knew what it was for! Have a great day!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedding sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was wonderful weekend. I was just reading an article about Chip and Joanna, I so want to go visit their store. I so need to find their magazine, I had no idea they even had one. Totally live under a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you had a lot of fun at the wedding. That must have been the cutest thing seeing the little one being pulled down in the wagon. Little details and different things are what make each wedding so special. And then Sunday brunch? Now I'm really hungry :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend! I just love weddings! I especially love when they go late into the night and have fun after parties... not that I could hang anymore! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wedding sounds like such fun! I've had the Magnolia Journal sitting on my desk for a week and haven't had time to read it but I can't wait to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. who knew chip and joanna had a magazine? i didn't. good idea getting the brunch catered. the wedding sounds fun but man i'd be dragging too! not good at staying up late.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like such a fun weekend with lots of family time! I always feel like I'm dragging when I stay up late the night before too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like such a fun wedding weekend. I love the best babe of honor and best manchild. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a busy weekend too! I love hearing about unique ideas for weddings!

    ReplyDelete