Monday, October 10, 2016

Weekend Recap

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Mine started off with a movie, The Magnificent Seven, which was really good.  I haven't seen the original, so I am not sure how it compares, but it was really good.  A bit sadder than I anticipated, but I would recommend seeing it for sure.

Saturday was absolutely beautiful.  After the gym and grocery shopping, I made my way to Vintage Market Days.  I went there in May with my parents, so when I saw the signs on Friday that it was happening again this weekend, I knew I had to check it out.  They had some really great stuff!  I spotted a wooden tiered tray that I have been lusting after, but unfortunately I waited to long and when I went back for it, it was gone.  Luckily the vendor told me I can call and order it, so you better believe I am going to do that!  I also picked up this cute little bowl I saw last time, but didn't buy.  I had been thinking about it since then, so I decided to go for it.  I also picked up something for my mom!  With my few purchases and the amazing weather, I would definitely say it was a success!  On my way home, I stopped by a Jaguar Car Show that was going on close by.  While I get my love of decorating from my mom, my interest in cars is from my dad!  They had some really neat old cars, as well as a few newer models.  It was a fun little jaunt and a great reason to spend a little more time outside.  I was in the mood to bake, so I tried out a new recipe, Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies.  They turned out really good!  The recipe made a ton, so I packed up a big container for work.  I love the cookies as-is, but putting them in the microwave for a few seconds to heat up might be even better.  Super good!







I spent my Sunday being kind of lazy, with lots of reading time, along with laundry, nails and blogging.  It was another beautiful day - just can't get enough of this weather!  The night ended with the debate, which was actually held here, in St. Louis!     

23 comments:

  1. That vintage market looks like it happened on the most perfect day!! I had a very similar and relaxing Sunday - I haven't done my nails in forever so it was a nice way to sort of zen out before the debate started which caused my blood pressure to sky rocket LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage market days looks so fun! I love going to events like this in the fall and how lucky were you to have the perfect fall day! Love seeing that sunshine! I hope you have a wonderful Monday love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to vintage market days! Looks so fun! And those cars are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you went and saw The Magnificent Seven! I hadn't seen the original either so I had no idea how it ended, and you're right--it was sad! But I still thought it was an exceptional movie! I'm still on the hunt for a wooden tiered stand--can't wait to see the one you order!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun! The weather looks perfect also. You'll have to share your tiered stand when it arrives. Happy Monday!

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Vintage Market looks like so much fun and on the most gorgeous day! So jealous of your weather! And yes to that car show! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds you got at the market! Bummer about not picking up that tray, but that's great that the vendor said you can call and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Vintage Market looks like a great way to spend a weekend morning! Wish we had something like that around here... happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Vintage Market looks so fun. It's always fun to walk around places like that!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Vintage Market looks like so much fun!! I love those tiered wooden trays so I hope you can order it. The weather looked perfect, too. What a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great weekend! My husband and kiddos love oatmeal scotchies so I will definitely need to try your recipe!

    Lisa- http://www.porkchopandpossum.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those oatmeal scotchies sound DELISH! And I was loving your insta-snaps this weekend of the Vintage Market. Such a perfect fall day <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pumpkin oatmeal cookies sound amazing! I'm sure the combination of pumpkin and butterscotch is to die for. I'm going to have to pin these and make them one weekend. Happy Monday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish they had something like Vintage Market Days by me in NY! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bringing cookies to the office is always a good idea because people always love to eat them, no matter what! That Vintage Market is so adorable! That's a bummer that the tray was already gone, but thankfully you can order one again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The vintage market looks so fun to explore and even better the weather was glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great weekend! I love this weather and look for any reason to be outside! I am going to have to check that recipe out, it sounds fantastic. Good thing we're heading into legging season, because I have been sooo bad with my eating lately. I need stretchy waistbands! Ugh!
    Was St. Louis crazy this week with the debate???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bowl you got! We have a similar market near us called "Trade Days" that I need to check out soon...I haven't been in forever and I love finding unique things like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a great weekend. I love thrifting but have never made it to Vintage Market Days (cute buys!). What book are you currently reading?

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG...pumpkin oatmeal scotchies sound amazing. What a nice sunny weekend you had! Sounds relaxing : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have something similar in Omaha except it's called "Junkstock" except everything is actually really shabby-chic and overpriced (still fun to go though). Looks like you found some good stuff and had a great weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those cookies sound really good. I may have to try to make them. Looks like you had a pretty good weekend and lots of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete