Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a good one, but really, wouldn't it be nice if weekends were just one day longer?

Friday night was a really productive evening for me.  I got in gym time AND I cleaned my apartment.  It's so nice to wake up on Saturday and have that weekend chore out of the way.  Definitely something I want to work on and try to make a regular thing.  

I also had a productive Saturday morning which included free Starbucks during my Target trip.  I was so excited to use that coupon from the Cartwheel app.  If only I could figure out how to do that every weekend.  I met up with one of my friends and her little girl for Trucktober - a food truck fest.  It was kind of a dreary day, but it actually made for great food truck weather.  I had a yummy bruschetta grilled cheese - mozzarella, tomato, and basil with a balsamic drizzle over top.  Yum!  We spent quite a bit of time playing with Chloe at the park which was pretty fun.  She got such joy out of going down the slide!  Before we headed home though, we got some cupcakes.  Sarah's Cake Shop is one of my favorite places and the food truck does not disappoint!






Sunday, I tackled one of my fall bucket list items - making applesauce.  It was my first time making applesauce and using a food mill.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect and honestly, I felt like it was not going to turn out at first, but luckily, the end product looks and tastes like my grandma's.  A success!  Unfortunately, Sunday also marked the end of the Cardinals season.  They just missed the wild card spot in the post season.  Sad day in St. Louis!  Although, I still have the Cubs to cheer for, which I am excited about!  Aside from my applesauce adventure, the majority of the day was spent trying to beat a headache.  Hopefully it will be gone with a good nights sleep and won't follow me into today!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Linking up with Biana.

28 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! Taste of Trucktober sounds like an awesome event! That grilled cheese sandwich looks delicious!!--Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That The Cheese Shack food truck sounds heavenly! Now I desperately want a grilled cheese for breakfast haha! And love that you already tackled some of your fall bucket list items! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man does all that food look amazing!! I'm drooling and it's really way too early for that!! So glad you had a productive and fun weekend!! Happy Monday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grilled cheese and that one looked so good! I'm impressed you got so much done Friday after work--those are days I want to come home and crash haha! And I can't believe you already made your applesauce!!!! Where did you find the recipe you used? And I have no idea what a food mill is haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a food truck festival here as well this weekend but it was pouring out. :-( Probably best for my hips that way, ha! It is so nice to have the cleaning done before the weekend, I agree! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww man what a bummer to end a gret weekend with a headache! Hope you are feeling better this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a Trucktober to be around here! How fun! And your sandwich sounds amazing! Sorry about your Cardinals, but you can just root on the Cubs now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh those cupcakes look GOOD!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That grilled cheese looks so good! Sorry about your Cards! GO CUBS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That food truck looks DELISH! And yay for free Starbucks! Hope you're feeling better this morning <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. A food truck fest.. how fun! And free starbucks? I may need to download that app after all!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay on the applesauce, I bet it's yummy!! And food truck heaven for sure!! Happy week ahead love!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The weekend does need to be just one day longer, I will even cave and just say a half a day. Those cupcakes looked amazing! www.toddlersarenoteasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Homemade applesauce is my favorite!! I'm sorry about the Cards, but I am DEFINITELY going to be cheering on the Cubbies this post-season!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, bruschetta grilled cheese sounds amazing. We have Food Truck Friday once a month here, and we've never gone... I think we need to make it a point to go sometime! And yay for your applesauce turning out well... I've never even heard of a food mill so I'm not sure how well I would have done with it!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trucktober sounds like a really fun event. How did I miss the free Starbucks?? I was even at Target & used Cartwheel. Sad day. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Umm food truck fest?! This sounds amazing! We have nothing like that in upstate NY lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah! A food truck fest is right up my alley! Love that! And love that you had such a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUM to that grilled cheese :) And I'm so glad to hear your applesauce turned out- you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was so bummed when we realized the Cards game on Saturday was moved up or we most definitely would have gone! It's been years since I've been to a Cards game & they're of course my favorite. My husband is a Cub's fan though so I will be cheering for them as well now. But can I just say, that sandwich you got looks - AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of that food. Ummm yum. Love food truck fests!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love going to food truck events...you can really find some hidden gems and your sandwich looks delish! Overcast weather is also probably best in stead of blazing sun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love food trucks and those cupcakes look delish! My husband's grandma always made homemade applesauce. Must be a grandma thing that we'll have to carry on :) Glad yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So fun! We have Truckeroo here that happens a few times throughout the summer and it sounds like a similar thing. Those cupcakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend! I love that you decided to clean on Friday to take the stress out of the weekend, and I definitely need to give that a try. Trucktoberfest sounds like so much fun, and all the food you tried sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete