Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Butterfly House

This past weekend I went with my friend and her little one to The Butterfly House.  It's a really neat place that has a greenhouse area with all the butterflies and lots of neat plants.  The building also houses a little gift shop, a learning area for kids, and a place to watch a movie.  Not only are there butterflies, but outside the greenhouse, there are also tanks with different bugs.  There is an outdoor garden, with more flowers and different photo ops, specifically set up for Halloween.  The cost was $6/adult and then my friend's daughter was free!  The greenhouse section was really neat - the butterflies were gorgeous.  I always hate the bird area at the zoo, so I was a little worried it might be too much flying around, but it wasn't like that at all!  I saw a gorgeous periwinkle and black butterfly.  That was probably a favorite, but it never landed for me to snap a picture.  I did get some other really great ones, and one even landed on my shoe!  We missed the movie time, but still enjoyed looking at everything else there was to offer.  The outside area was really nice, and it even had an event space.  Before you even get into The Butterfly House, they have some great photo ops outside, along with a big pond and fountain.  Just really pretty!  The Butterfly House is located in Faust Park, which has a bunch of other neat spots within.  We checked out the play area, which was just packed with kids.  It was the perfect day, so I can see why everyone was out!  A little further away, we saw all these old timey buildings.  I am not really sure what they are there for, but we saw a few wedding parties taking pictures, as well as some senior pictures.  I need to look up what goes on there, because it seemed really neat!  Such a fun little afternoon outing!





















Linking up with Annie.
  

15 comments:

  1. Wow that place is gorgeous!! There is a butterfly house by us and it's so fun to go to! I always forget about it, I need to remember come Spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the weird person that gets super jumpy even around bugs-- even butterflies, haha. It sounds like it was calm though and looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love green spaces like that. Bet your friend's daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I remember when I was little we went to a butterfly house and I was beyond terrified, but it ended up being so so cool! You got some gorgeous pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the opposite! I loove the bird area in the zoo and get super excited if they come near me but I'm scared of all bugs, butterflies included, so I would be like ducking and running to stay away from them! Hahaha. But I can't deny that they're gorgeous when I see them from a distance--as in they're not landing on me or flying straight at me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool place! We have something similar here and the kids LOVED it when we went back in the spring. Oh, and YOUR BOOTIES!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love visiting butterfly places, and this one looks so pretty! I love that Elsa, Anna, and Olaf were there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place!! I'll have to remember this for when my kids get a little older

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks the most beautiful day to check this out! :) And I feel like $6 is a pretty good price for that kind of thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay this looks like such a fun place!! We went to something kind of similar to this in Chattanooga once I think. All I can remember is that there were hundreds of butterflies and they were all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to one of those in Texas. They are so much fun. I loved when they landed on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pictures. I often see butterflies, but they fly away as soon as I take out my camera.

    ReplyDelete