Thursday, October 20, 2016

Kitchen Favorites

I love to cook and bake, so it's no surprise that I also love all different types of kitchen gadgets.  Take me to Crate & Barrel or William-Sonoma or pretty much anywhere with a bunch of kitchen / cooking goodies and you will have one happy girl.  I love reading about others "must-haves" so I thought I would share some of my favorites with you (in particular order). 

1.  Batter Bowls
Classic Batter BowlSmall Batter Bowl
These bowls are the best.  I have both the classic and small size and use at least one of them every week, if not multiple times.  Mine are a bit older so they aren't exactly the same as what is pictured, but they are basically the same.  They are great for measuring, mixing, storing - pretty much anything!

2.  Multi Jar Opener   
Multi Jar Opener
This is a lifesaver.  As the name says, it is a multi way opener.  I mostly use it for a bottle opener and a jar opener.  So handy when you are by yourself and just cannot get that dang lid off!

3.  Tongs 
OXO ® Large Stainless and Nylon Tongs

I decided I wanted tongs after watching The Pioneer Woman use them for pretty much everything on her show.  After having them, I can definitely see why she uses them so often.  They are so multi-functional.  I have the large and small and use them both.  One thing I really like about this particular brand is the easy open / close at the bottom, and the top part is nylon, which keeps them from scratching non-stick pots and pans.
   
4.  Mix 'N Chop Tool 
Mix 'N Chop
I think of this as the ground meat tool.  It is the perfect thing to use when you are browning ground meat.  You can really get the meat broken up nicely, so you don't have super big chunks.  I actually didn't really like this utensil at first, but since I have been using it, I have definitely become a believer.  

5.  Box Grater
I love cheese, and you can't beat freshly grated cheese.  Funny story, when I was little, I am pretty sure I used to complain on taco night when my mom would grate cheese.  I wanted the bagged shredded cheese!  Obviously I have changed my ways since then, because I almost always shred my own cheese now.  I love that this grater came with a little box, although honestly, I usually just put a grater on a plate instead of using the box.  It is handy if you are looking to get a specific amount, though, with measurements on the side.  You can also use this for other things, although I mainly stick to grating cheese.    

6.  Cookie Scoop 
Medium Scoop
If you love to make cookies, you need this scoop.  While it seems like a extra tool that you don't really need, it is just so nice to have.  You get uniformed cookies, no messing with the dough - just easy peasy!

7.  Measuring Spoons
I love these spoons.  You get so many different sizes, which is perfect for when a recipe calls for an "off" measurement.  They even come on a ring to keep them all together.

I highly suggest all these items if you are looking to get a head start on your Christmas shopping.  I am pretty sure they all have been Christmas presents given to me over the years!  I'd love to hear from you - what are your kitchen must-haves?

Linking up with Annie.  

  


15 comments:

  1. I have those batter bowls, the mix and chop, and the cookie scoop! They are all great kitchen gadgets and I couldn't live without them. I LOVE going into Williams Sonoma--I could stay in there all day looking at all of the kitchen stuff!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a post, I have all these but he chop tool and the grater box...putting them on my list for Christmas, I love new kitchen tools to make my cooking life easier! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Now I randomly want a few of these things. Santa? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jar opener is most definitely going on my Christmas list! What a cool contraption! I love my cookie scoop, but could definitely use some of the batter bowls too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that jar opener stat! Great list you have here.

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cannot beat freshly grated cheese! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bunch of these and love all of them too! My jar opener is this rubber thing that looks almost like a yarmulke (the Jewish thing for the head), but that puppy works every time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am the opposite to you, my mum always shredded her cheese and i use the bagged cheese now. mainly because you can't get my favourite cheese here, and you can't get the particular type i like here at home, so i have a favourite in each country lol. the mix n chop tool looks really good for beef, hmm. i love using my cheese grater for zucchini and throwing that in with something like pasta - extra veggies and you can't taste them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So my mom just bought me the Mix N Chop tool, and I'm so excited about it! Like way more excited about it than I probably should be, but I absolutely hate having to crumble any sort of ground meat! I'm glad to hear that it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I could spend hours in a kitchen store. I love those big measuring bowls with lids. I have a pampered chef one that gets used often and I think I'd love a smaller one. I also couldn't live without cookie scoops. I have five different sizes and use them for cupcakes, muffins, cookies, ice cream, etc. They're so handy! Measuring spoons are a must - I'd like a few extra teaspoon ones because mine are always being used. I rarely grate my own cheese, but I always love it when I do. I"m going to have to give that mix and chop tool a second chance. I got it a while ago and have forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen that mix 'n chop tool! Perfect for ground beef!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese is good for homemade alfredo sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving those tongs! I have been needing some good ones...literally only have the ones for the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That jar opener needs to be in my kitchen. Always a struggle. I have those tongs and love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with you on the Mix 'N Chop Tool. I bought one from Pampered Chef some years ago and we use it often to get our meat into smaller pieces.

    ReplyDelete