Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Favorites 10.7.16

Yay for Friday!  This week was a good one, although the work days tended to drag on a bit.  Needless to say, as always, I am excited for the weekend.

As part of our United Way campaign at work, a service project was set up that we could do while at work.  We put together reading buddy bags for kids.  Last year we put together toiletry bags, which just required gathering the products and putting them in a bag.  I assumed this would be the same, however, each reading bag included a stuffed animal...that we stuffed by hand!  It's surprisingly harder than you think, but it was super neat.  I love doing these little types of things.  We had 1/2 hour time slots during lunch and between everyone that participated, we made up 150 reading buddy bags.  I love having the opportunity to do these projects through work!

Another work highlight was having lunch with some "old" co-workers.  I say "old," because we still work together, but are all in different positions within the company.  It was super fun catching up with them.  It's something we don't do often enough, and hopefully that will change a bit.  They all have little ones, so it was really fun hearing about their antics and having a peek into their parent life.

I ordered this plaid shirt from Nordstrom and it was delivered this week.  It is ridiculously soft, has a great, looser fit, and the price is on point.  I sized down after reading some of the reviews, and I definitely think that was the right move.  An added bonus - fall weather is back again this weekend so I will have a chance to wear it!

I shared my mom's fall decor earlier this week, which is a definite favorite of mine.  I love my parents' house and really enjoyed sharing a peek with you.  I know my mom loved reading the nice comments you all left, too.  Be on the lookout this Christmas, because if you like her fall decorating, you will love her Christmas decor!  My parents' house is great all the time, but especially at Christmas.



If you checked in yesterday, one of my October goals was cleaning on Friday, as opposed to waiting until Saturday or Sunday.  Well, since I have plans for this evening, I cleaned last night.  Maybe that should be my goal, because it feels so very nice to have that out of the way.  

While that is five, I have an added favorite this week.  My mom's birthday was yesterday!  She's the best mom (and grandma) anyone could ask for.  I cannot wait to celebrate with her!

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.   

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE the scrabble letters for the season - I honestly haven't seen that before and it's so cute!! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday, Emily! I seriously LOVE your Mom's fall decor! I have to agree with Biana that the scrabble letters are just too cute! I might start grocery shopping on Friday-or maybe Monday, it just takes so much time out of the weekend and if I can go with just one child vs two, it might make things a little easier. Have a great weekend!--Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome of your work to have you put together buddy bags! Yay for getting your cleaning out of the way! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta get that plaid shirt!! You had me at plaid!! Still loving her decor. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good plaid shirt. I wore one yesterday and was so happy that it was finally cool enough to pull it out. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of those reading bags! And how many people can say they've stuffed a stuffed animal, that's pretty cool. Great fall decor and I might have to steal that scrabble lettering idea. Way to go mom! Have a great weekend. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaid shirt.... Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats so great that your company participates in so many community service projects! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm convinced Mom's always have the best decor and they always know exactly how to place it. Enjoy the fall weather! I'll definitely be missing it after getting a dose of it last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week luckily went by pretty quickly for me! Your moms decor is so pretty, love the scrabble letters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that plaid shirt. Especially since it is soooo soft. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your mom! I hope you have a great time celebrating! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I snagged that top during the anniversary sale (I'm pretty sure...Nordstrom's site isn't loading) in red and I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh girl, I love plaid!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the scrabble letters! Adorable! Happy Friday. I'm trying to accomplish more before the weekend, too. #stillworkingonit Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your mom! Her Halloween decor is cute! Also, love that you all did 150 reading buddy bags--that's awesome!

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete