Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Favorites 10.28.16

Another Friday I am so glad to see!  This week was a LONG one at work, but luckily that particular busy-ness was over as of Thursday afternoon, so I am hoping today will be a little bit easier. 

1.  Old Halloween Pictures.  My mom starting looking through a bunch of old pictures once she read my Wednesday blog post.  She found some really good ones, which I plan to share on Halloween.  Below is one of my favorites.


2.  Weekend Plans.  I have lunch plans Saturday, and brunch plans Sunday.  It's going to be a good weekend!

3.  Christmas!  While I know we have to get through both Halloween AND Thanksgiving first, Tuesday's post got me really excited for Christmas.  I've seen a few other Christmas themed posts pop up and each one gets me more and more excited.  I am getting myself organized with Shelby's printables, and will be making a Christmas card decision this weekend!  My mom saw the perfect gift for my little nephew this week, and I am going to be price checking all the places this weekend.  It's so fun having a little one in the family to buy for!

4.  FaceTime.  I don't use this enough, but am trying to do it more often with my brother so that I can see my nephew...and so Jack can see me, too!  My mom was there babysitting this week, so I facetimed with her, my brother, sister in law, and Jack.  It was fun to see him running around.  He's the sweetest, and usually when he sees someone he gets the biggest grin on his face and it just warms your heart.  I got him a mower for his birthday, so it's been fun to see him on videos and even during our call pull it around and play with it!

5.  The World Series!  Having the Cubs in The World Series has been so exciting.  One of my friends is going to the game tomorrow and I am so excited for her.  While she is a Cards fan, her husband is a HUGE Cubs fan, and I know they will have the best time.  Here's to hoping the next three games are big W's for the Cubs!

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.           

19 comments:

  1. I love looking at fun old pictures like your Halloween one :-) i am with you on the Christmas excitement it can never get here fast enough in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FaceTime is seriously one of the best inventions...makes us all feel a little closer together!! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that throwback!! Cuties!! We re Cubbies fans too so super exciting! I hope you Fall weekend is everything wonderful! Enjoy that brunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that Halloween throwback picture is the best! Love it! And I need to get better about using Facetime too...I honestly always forget I even have it haha! Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that picture is adorable!! And Facetime, yep I don't use it enough either! Let's hope the Cubs can end this on Sunday!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living 700+ miles from any family members, FaceTime is our LIFE! My daughter learned the FaceTime tone when she was around 12 months old and would coming running to the phone. Kind of sad... but also kind of amazing that we can stay connected that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love FaceTime! We're able to connect with our nieces and nephew that way, as well as our good friends and their kids! It's the best! Can't wait to see more throwback Halloween pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest picture-- your hair was so blonde! I'm so excited for Christmas too and am just waiting for Halloween to pass so it's more socially acceptable to decorate, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking through old Halloween pics. It's so much fun to go down memory lane. That's amazing your friend is going to the world series game. It must be such a surreal feeling to attend one. Have a great weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that pictures is so cute. I HATE facetime because I always look terrible on it.haha My friend's children LOVE to facetime me. It's so funny and they get super mad if I don't pick up. It is a great way to keep in touch. I'm so excited for the Cubs!! I'm rooting for them, all the way!! Tonight is going to be so exciting since it's the first game home. Go Cubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the cutest picture of y'all! I'm trying not to wish time away, but I'm ready to decorate for Christmas already!! I used FaceTime this past week for the first time in probably over a year lol I just always forget about it for some reason. Hope y'all have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that old picture of you! Look how blonde your hair was! SO CUTE! And we are pulling for the Cubs, too! I can't imagine how exciting it much be for all of you lifelong fans to see them make it this far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love looking at old pictures too! It's so much fun to reminisce about prior Halloweens and to wonder if kids today would even recognize what we're trying to be! I hope that you have a fantastic weekend, which I'm sure that you will with brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FaceTime has been such a lifesaver being so far from my parents and family, it's been great to have one of them Facetime when they're all together it feels like I'm kind of there! My cubbies have made me so so so happy!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're rooting for the Cubbies here, too! So fun! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we had those same candy buckets one year. Christmas makes me a little sad because it's so materialistic now, but I enjoy decorating and making Christmas treats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a new appreciation for FaceTime too! I was never big into it but I've used it a few times lately and it's been super nice to have!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm watching the game right now, so exciting! I'm rooting for the Cubs! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that halloween picture!! I love facetime more now too. We facetime my nephew who lives in California and it helps see how much he has grown since our last chat.

    ReplyDelete