Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Favorites 10.14.16

Image result for TGIF

TGIF!  This week has worn me out - it started with long, dragged on days that turned into work, work, work, on top of not sleeping well and I am just tired!  Thank goodness for Friday!

1.  Passing a work exam.  Earlier this week, during one of those days that was dragging on, I finally got motivated to take another work exam.  Luckily I passed!  Not only does this help with my industry knowledge, I'll be getting a little "cash prize" if you will for completion.

2.  Fall TV.  I am really loving This is Us and Designated Survivor.  I was happy to see both on my DVR this week, along with my usual favorites (Real Housewives, Teen Mom, really, the list could on go...).

3.  New recipes.  I have been on a new recipe kick lately, and one of those recipes is Spicy Sausage and Potato Soup.  This soup is delicious.  I highly suggest trying this recipe out.  It's a crockpot meal, so super easy, and it makes a good amount.  You do have to brown the meat ahead of time, so I would suggest making this on the weekend, or browning the meat the night before to have ready for the next morning.

4.  My cousin is getting married this weekend!  A family wedding is always a good time.    

5.  Not only will I get to see my dad's side of the family this weekend, I will also get to see my mom's.  We are having a brunch to celebrate her birthday.  It's going to be a fun-filled weekend!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.   

23 comments:

  1. Yay for passing your test! And I started watching Designated Survivor but honestly I have too much that I do to watch another TV show and I've already added in This Is Us...which is my fav! It's definitely wedding season for you right now! Have fun this weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the first episode of designated survivor and then stopped...I'll definitely binge when all the episodes are done!! Hope you have fun at the wedding this weekend!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on passing your test! I am loving those two new shows too! Designated survivor is one that my hubs and I can watch together which is rare since he doesn't love the housewives haha. Have a great weekend Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on passing the exam! And have fun at the wedding!!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy This is Us was new this week, but we have yet to watch, hopefully it happens tonight! Yay for another wedding, have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for passing your test! Well do. Oh I love This is Us, I haven't had a chance to watch this week's episode but I'm planning on doing that this weekend. Have a great time at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started Designated Survivor yet! It looks so good, I meant to watch it. I'll have to catch up :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you get to spend time with your fam this weekend. That is always so nice. Go girl for passing that exam! :)
    Happy weekend to you pretty Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. CONGRATS!!!! You go girl!
    2. YASSS to both of those shows!! My absolute favorite fall shows so far.
    3. New recipes are the best, and that spicy sausage and potato soup sounds delicious.
    4. Congrats to your cousin on her wedding this weekend! Fall weddings are always so pretty :)
    5. YAY for seeing both sides of your family this weekend, and happy birthday to your mom!

    Hope you have a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a family wedding! I've been loving This is Us and Designated Survivor too, so glad for good fall tv this year. Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday! Congrats on passing your work exam! Have so much fun celebrating and seeing all of your family this weekend.
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! Have a great time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving Designated Survivor! I'll be curious to see where they take it though... I don't feel like they can have season after season of people challenging his presidency but we shall see!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. We LOVE Designated Survivor!! This Is Us is on our DVR to get caught up on soon and I've heard great things about it! Sounds like lots of fun family time this weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on passing your test! I know that was probably a relief!

    I've heard that Designated Survivor is great! Several of my coworkers watch it, so B and I have been talking about catching up on it. I guess we'll see.

    Enjoy your weekend! I just love weddings! You guys are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fun family filled weekend :) congrats on passing the test. i still haven't watched this is us, but i'll get to it eventually. i've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on passing your exam! Have a great time at your family wedding this weekend :)

    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband DVR'd Designated Survivor, but we haven't started it yet. I'm hoping to get caught up on lots of shows this weekend, get pumpkins and work on a menu for next week. Hope you have a great weekend visiting family at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for weddings and family reunions!! I absolutely love both This is Us and Designated Survivor...my husband has to watch those live, he won't miss them...that's how much he loves those shows and he hardly watches shows besides sports lol. Hope your weekend treats you very well friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the exam! Have a great weekend! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on passing the test!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved this weeks This Is Us episode. Such a great show. I can't wait until this weeks one.

    ReplyDelete