Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: 9.28.16


I cannot believe it is the last Wednesday in September - where has the time gone?!  I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...I was looking at Shay's Meal Planning Monday post for this week and saw her Pumpkin & Sausage Ravioli Bake recipe.  I headed to the grocery store and made it Monday night.  It is SO GOOD!  I have never really had a savory pumpkin meal, so I was super excited to try it and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.  I did change a few things - no splash of half and half/cream/milk and I only used about 1/2 of Panko for a topping - and just loved how it turned out.  I didn't feel like the pumpkin taste was overwhelming at all, it just had a really good flavor and texture that paired so nicely with the sausage ravioli. 


What I'm reminiscing about...to be honest, nothing really.

What I'm loving...I recently had my first PSL and I am hooked.  I don't normally like coffee, but this has enough yummy flavor to offset it enough for my taste!  Not to mention the whipped cream.  I don't want to go overboard - I know it isn't the best for you (especially because I NEED the whipped cream), not to mention the cost definitely adds up, but I have a feeling it is going to be a weekend treat for me!


What I've been up to...finishing up my work's United Way auction.  It was definitely a success, but not without a few hiccups.  Let's just say I am glad it is over.  I also have been enjoying some quality family time, with a few days over Labor Day at my parentsmy mom visiting a few weekends ago and then a family wedding this past weekend.  Not to mention a Chicago trip on the tail end of Labor Day, which honestly seems like it was so long ago!

What I'm dreading...again, nothing really!

What I'm working on...I am trying to be a little more organized with meals and blog posts, so getting those planned ahead of time, as well as sticking to my actual plans is a work in progress.  I am always working on giving myself a little leeway on things.  It's ok if I don't get everything done on my to-do list and instead take a bit more time to relax and enjoy a book.  Sometimes that is just necessary!

What I'm excited about...fall, fall and more fall!  The weather has finally cooled down here and I am loving it!  The other night I had the door open, my favorite fall candle going, while snuggled under my faux fur watching TV.  It was lovely.

What I'm watching...sounds like this is popular with pretty much everyone, but the premiere of This is Us totally got me and I cannot wait to see where they take the show.  Designated Survivor seemed pretty good, too and I have a few others on my DVR that need to be watched.  My usual shows are thrown in there, too, RHONJ, RHOC, Teen Mom OG - I have let a few shows really build up (Kardashian's, Sister Wives), so I have been trying to catch up!  Have to make room for all the news shows, not to mention the upcoming Hallmark fall movies and then soon after that - Christmas movies!

What I'm listening to...same answer as usual - nothing really, although my radio is pretty much always turned on country.

What I'm wearing...I wore this dress to my cousin's wedding this past weekend.  I know it's a very popular one amongst the blogging world and I totally get it now.  I also broke in my Lucky booties and hope to be wearing them a lot more, now that things have cooled down.  I wore both my textured skirts to work this week (1 / 2), and am excited to have those back in my rotation.

What I'm doing this weekend...right now, my plans are a bit up in the air, but I don't mind.  Hopefully on deck will be a movie and some time spent outside.

What I'm looking forward to next month...lots of family birthdays (both my mom and my brother), another family wedding, and hopefully enjoying all that is fall!

Bonus Question: What is your favorite fall recipe...well this question is perfect, since I just did a post on my favorite fall recipes as part of the fall favorites series Sarah and I are doing!  You can see that post by clicking here.

25 comments:

  1. There are so many things that make me so happy in this post! I'm so glad you got Shay's cookbook and are loving it! Especially the recipe you cooked Monday! Also, I'm really proud of you for trying a PSL! Aren't they amazing?! You know I don't like regular coffee either so these taste wonderful! Now your next drink needs to be a caramel machiatto! It's really good too and I actually order mine a tall, skinny CM because I like to use the sugar free caramel sauce :) Oh and no whip haha! Can't wait to see your bucket list tomorrow!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the shows you are watching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a PSL the other day and it was so good. Starbucks totally changed the recipe, they are so yummie now. I too am so excited for fall. Bring on the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to check out Shays cookbook! And I am hooked on This Is Us. I think the whole world is. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a coffee drinker either but I might have to give into the crave and try a PSL. I really liked This Is Us too and anything Real Housewives I am always watching.
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm not the only non-coffee drinker! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. Oddly enough, I decided to try a PSL too over the weekend. It was pretty good but coffee makes me feel weird so I probably won't have any more. I think it's the caffeine that does that to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm that pumpkin recipe sounds interesting! i much prefer savoury pumpkin things vs sweet. i'm not a coffee drinker, but i get hot chocolates from starbucks just for the whipped cream lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had a PSL yet this season, but thinking of picking up an iced one this week. I tried the salted caramel the other day and it was DELISH :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ravioli meal sounds awesome!! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that dress in maroon, I love it! TV, a blanket, and a fall candle is a perfect way to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO glad to hear that the Pumpkin & Sausage Ravioli Bake was good!! I totally just saved that to try really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fall afternoon sounds wonderful. And I will have to give that ravioli bake a try - my mom has been making pumpkin sausage pasta for years and it is my absolute favorite fall recipe. Pumpkin is amazing in savory dishes, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hoping that I'll have the chance to get organized and caught up with meal prepping and blog posts next week too! It always seems like that's what I struggle with. I can't wait for the temps to officially drop! It's going to be so awesome to wear fall clothes again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pumpkin, sausage ravioli sounds great! I'll have to look that up!
    I love your Nordstrom dress with booties! Very cute & fall-ish!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, I will have to try that pumpkin & sausage ravioli! I've never really eaten a meal (other than sweets) with pumpkin so that will be new! That dress looked so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know if I would like savory pumpkin but Michael made a pumpkin sausage soup a few years ago and I fell in love! Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving country radio right now! So many good songs. Are you watching The Voice this season?? I love it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your first PSL..?!?! I'm obsessed but totally know what you mean about the whipped cream and cost :) But such a fun treat!!

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've still never tried a PSL!! I hardly go to Starbucks, and when I do, its because I have a gift card. I do love it, but it's expensive! However, its DELISH. My favorite hot drink is their white chocolate mocha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was really hooked on Designated Survivor after the first episode! I haven't gotten into This is Us yet but people seem to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo that ravioli bake sounds amazing!! We watch so much of the same TV! Have you seen Rob and Chyna?
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been looking for someone watching RHONJ, are you caught up? I'm in a state of shock over the latest episode and feel strongly like it's fake/scripted, but I don't know?? Fall into winter is usually the time of the year I cave and buy whipped cream to put on my hot drinks at home. It makes them a million times better!

    ReplyDelete