Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend was definitely a good one!  I headed back home for my cousin's wedding.  I had been looking forward to this wedding, not only because it was a family wedding (my favorite), but also because it was being held out at my aunt's farm.  I love the idea of a barn/farm wedding and I was so excited to see how it would all turn out.  It was even more amazing than I had imagined!

I left St. Louis early Saturday morning to go to my parents.  My brother's family was already in town, so I was anxious to get in and see them all, especially Jack.  When I got in, Jackson had just gone down for a nap, which ended up working out because it gave us a chance to catch up a little bit.  Once he woke up, my mom and I took Jack on a stroller walk to Hallmark.  Apparently we are all very last minute people, because no one of us had gotten wedding cards!  It wasn't too long after lunch that we were all getting ready and heading out to the farm - the afternoon just really flew by.

The wedding was absolutely amazing.  From the venue to the music at the ceremony to the ceremony itself, it was all just extremely special.  My cousin is my brother's age, and she had one of their high school friends who is now a pastor, officiate.  It was so neat seeing him up there, and it made it that much more personal.  My cousin looked AMAZING.  My aunt made ALL the food, which included a soup, salad and main course.  Everything was really delicious and just the effort put into it all by everyone was wonderful.  I can't really put into words how great everything turned out, so I will let the pictures do the talking.  The best part though, was being able to catch up with so many people.  My dad has a large family and with people all over the place, weddings give us an opportunity to all come together. 













Shout out to my dad - he made the doors!  And my mom suggested the mason jars - too cute!





Jack was up early the next morning so I got some extra time in with him, which I just love.  We had a yummy breakfast, then my brother's family left.  I hung out a bit more with my parents and took a walk with my mom before I headed back to St. Louis.  For some reason, the drive seemed like it was taking forever, so I was super thankful when I actually got home.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing and getting a few things ready for the week.  If only the weekends were just one day longer!

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana.  

25 comments:

  1. That looks like a perfect wedding!!! I love y'alls dresses. And the s'mores idea!! Perfect!!! Everything was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE a barn wedding. I had to smile, I am wearing a dress to work today just like that. YOU are beautiful and what a beautiful family. Mr. Jack is such a doll!! Love those wedding details and glad you had a fun time! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding was so beautiful! I love that they had lots of different china to use as the tableware! And I cannot believe your aunt made all of the food! Wow! She is a superwoman! And of course I love that dress on you....and the booties! Super cute!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful space for a wedding and I love all the place settings - that is so unique! The ceremony space was incredible and the day could not have been more perfect for you guys!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, first off, your aunt is amazing that she put together that wedding and made all the food! Second, you looked gorgeous!! What a fun weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the rustic details of this wedding! Looks like it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty venue and I love the s'mores favors! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous wedding! The venue is stunning and those doors your dad made are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that wedding looked! And your aunt made all the food? Wow! I will write you an email later today about what we did in STL.
    Great post! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous! And wow they did an amazing job on the wedding-the China looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty wedding. Love the favors, that is so adorable. Also, I love that dress you are wearing. Great color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh that wedding was so cute! I love the place settings! Glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That really is the most gorgeous backdrop for a barn wedding! Your dad did such an amazing job with the doors and I love the place settings. I can't believe your aunt made all of the food herself, what a special day for them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love barn weddings in the fall, so beautiful! And your family put in so many personal touches! Looks like a wonderful weekend with family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like it was a fun weekend with family! Such a gorgeous venue for a wedding and so awesome that it's your aunt's farm! Love the s'more idea for a favor. Too cute!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great weekend! The wedding looked beautiful, too. I love the mix and match china. What a classy and unique touch. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, what a picture perfect wedding! That thing needs to be all over Pinterest! Every little detail was just perfect. And I love your dress so much! I just got one almost identical to it to wear for Thanksgiving or Christmas... I haven't decided which yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Family weddings really are the best because it gives you the chance to get together and spend time with family that you might not get to see all the time. Your nephew is so adorable, and major props to your aunt for not only having her daughter get married, but hosting and cooking for the wedding too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The farm looks beautiful. I love the rustic touches paired with the china dishes. I can't believe your aunt made all of the food. That is seriously impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is absolutely beautiful! I think I maybe wearing the same (if not very similar) dress to a wedding this weekend! Such a great color for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a gorgeous wedding - I love the doors that your dad made! Family time is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful wedding! I love a rustic outdoor wedding. And the China! Such a beautiful detail. Your dress is adorable - perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely wedding! We initially planned a small wedding (before we decided to elope) and I definitely wanted a fall wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful wedding!! I love the fancy plates, and the doors and mason jars look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Family weddings are the best so you can catch up and celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete