Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  This weekend was go, go, go and that's definitely not a bad thing.

Because my mom was coming this weekend, I wanted to make sure to clean before she came.  I ended up doing that Friday night and it was so nice to get that done and out of the way the first night of the weekend.  If only I could be that motivated every weekend!  I also finished The Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand - one book that I really struggled to get into and even thought about not finishing, but ended up really loving it!

I got in a quick work out Saturday morning before my mom arrived.  I kind of messed up on the timing, so I was still getting ready by the time she arrived.  After I was all ready, we headed out to check out Three French Hens, a store I have been wanting to check out since I moved to the area...over two and a half years ago!  It did not disappoint.  The store was amazing - so many goodies there.  Just one you could look and look through over and over again.  They offer drinks and cookies when you walk in, which was such a neat touch.  It was totally packed, we found out they were having a sale - 20% off items, which was a nice surprise at the register and explained the lines of cars in the parking lot.  I cannot wait to go back at Christmas - I can only imagine how neat it will be!  We made our way to Home Goods, where we were able to find some containers for my refrigerator reorganization.  Another store I could spend some serious time in - just so much to see!  My mom and I made a quick stop at home for some lunch then back out shopping.  My mom has some Loft Cash that was burning a whole in her pocket, and she treated me to this really nice sweater.  I love the v-neck, the simplicity and the "dark turquoise gem" color!  We browsed William Sonoma and then Pottery Barn.  SO glad we went to PB, because their faux fur throws were 40% off.  My mom definitely spoiled me this weekend, because she also got me a fur throw!  With it being 40% off and an additional coupon she had, I really felt like it was a great deal.  I got the chinchilla and it is so, so soft.  I seriously just sat with the blanket and petted it when we got home.  We made a few more stops - it quite the shopping day - and then finally made it back home.  After adding a bit to my fall decorations, cleaning out the refrigerator and my pantry shelves, we finally relaxed.  It was a super productive and fun day.

Sunday was a bit less all over the place, but still pretty busy.  My mom and I had a really nice walk around my apartment and then ate breakfast before she headed home.  I finally tried out Essie's Gel Couture line (Take Me To Thread) - can't wait to see how it holds up - and did some laundry.  The day ended with The Taste of St. Louis and seeing Sully at the theaters.  The Taste was pretty good - really warm, though and we weren't super impressed with anything we ate.  Still a fun event!  Sully on the other hand, was excellent.  Go see this movie, you will not regret it!





Such a fun weekend!  The next few days we are having a conference at work - so it will be full days of different meetings and breakout sessions, followed by fun events in the evening.  It's going to busy, but hopefully a lot of fun!

Linking up with Biana.
    

16 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fun time with your mom this weekend - that store sounds so cute and I'm excited to hear what your thoughts are on the nail polish. I really like the color I have and want to get more!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see Sully really bad! We see a lot fewer movies these days than we used to, though. How fun all the goodies you got during your shopping trip this weekend, moms are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essie's Take Me To Thread is one of my favorite colors right now! Love it! And glad you had a great weekend with your mom! Love that faux fur throw you got too, so perfect! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great time with your Mom this weekend. Glad to hear that Sully was a good movie, it looks so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a fun weekend with your mom! We were busy cleaning this weekend too, it's such a great feeling when it's done! Can't wait to hear how the Essie polish held up!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for time with mom! Cheers to a fabulous yet busy week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun weekend with your mom! Even though I obviously know how Sully ends I don't think I'll ever be able to see it- I get anxious just watching the previews because I'm such a nervous flyer! I can't wait to hear how you like the nail polish & the faux fur throws look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a full weekend! I know you must love it when your mom comes to visit! That was so sweet of her to treat you to some fall goodies while she was here. That sweater is beautiful.

    I've heard that Sully is fantastic, and of course, with Tom Hanks, can you really go wrong??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like quite the productive day shopping with your mom. Also sounds like you got some great items!! I love when my mom comes to visit because she's just so good at things and can help me sort and organize like nobody else. Homegoods is probably my favorite store, ever!! I want to see Sully, I've been hearing fantastic things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEE that is my problem with giving up on books!!! what if you end up loving it? if you gave up on it, you'd never know. it's a conundrum. i really want to see Sully but might wait for the dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having your mom visit must have been the best treat! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always say (well it's a fact) the most cleaning gets done when you know guests are coming over! lol Sounds like a fabulous weekend with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That gyro looks pretty amazing to me! And I so want to see Sully! I cannot wait! Glad you had fun with your Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shopping with my mom and it's extra fun when she treats me to things that I want. I want to be a mom like that! Glad you got to hang out with her this past weekend. I'm sure she loved it just as much as you. I'm thinking my cats would love a faux fur blanket for winter :)

    ReplyDelete