The fact that it is September really blows my mind. I am so excited, though, because it is my favorite time of year! I love the fall and all that comes with it. Of course, the new month means a new set of goals.
Here is how I did last month.
1. Get a library card. If you read my August Goal post, you know that I already accomplished this one. Let me tell you - I am loving it! I can't believe I waited so long to get one. If you don't have one, get one. You will not regret it!
2. Update the recipe page of my blog. Done! You can click here or on "recipes" at the top to see all the recipes I have shared on the blog.
3. No spend August. This was a lot harder than I anticipated. But I did it! And then proceeded to go a little crazy this past weekend for Labor Day. Not sure if these no spend months are a good idea, if I just go all out right after.
4. Closet clean-out. Done, too! I just went through my clothes (no shoes), but got rid of 2 bags of clothes. Definitely a success!
I am actually really excited about my September goals - usually I wait until the last minute to come up with them, but these popped in my mind throughout August!
1. Organize my refrigerator. One of my favorite blogs is IHeart Organizing and Jen's fridge is just dreamy. Mine is a hot mess compared to hers and I would like to remedy that. Mostly, I plan on doing a big clean out, then getting a few containers to organize like items so that they aren't just scattered all over the place.
2. Organize and back up pictures. My pictures are just all over the place on my computer. I also have a ton on my phone that are not on my computer. My hope is to get everything onto my computer, organized into folders that identify the date and "the what" of the picture, then research a good external hard drive to back them up on. If you have any suggestions on how you keep your pictures organized, or what you use for a back up, please send them my way!
3. Walk on the weekends. Crisp, fall mornings are my favorite. I want to take advantage of them as much as possible and start walking in the morning on the weekends. It's a great way to start to start the morning, and while I can't really do that during the week with my start time at work, it is definitely doable for the weekends.
4. Pantry/laundry shelves. Above both my washer and dryer, I have two sets of shelves. One serves as my "pantry," while the others are more storage. I haven't touched one of them since I moved in really, so I think it is time to clean it out a bit and see what is all up there.
August was a super good month for me goal-wise...here's to hoping September is the same!