Friday, September 9, 2016

Friday Favorites 9.8.16

I was debating on turning this week's Friday Favorites into a Chicago edition to recap, but I had some really nice things happen to me this week that I wanted to share.  So a regular, old Friday Favorites post it is!


Image result for kindness quotes

Wednesday night I went to the grocery store to get some things for dinner.  Usually the grocery store is not my favorite, but I didn't need to pick up that many things, so it wasn't too bad.  I was all loaded up in my car and driving through the parking lot to head home, when I see the cashier lady I had with a bag in her hands, waving to me.  Turns out the ground beef I bought got left on the checkout counter!  She told me she figured it was for my dinner (which is was) and that she thought she would try to catch me.  Seriously, so nice of her to do that - saved me from having to run out again and probably the bad mood it would have put me in when I got home and realized that I did not have ground beef.

Another random act of kindness happened the following morning at work.  A little back story to set the mood - I have my work email on my phone and usually in the mornings when I get up, I just take a quick look at things.  Thursday morning, I did not.  I was heading to work and got stuck at a stop light so I pulled out my phone and caught an email where all I could read is that the presentations that were supposed to be delivered and used for meetings that morning where not there.  Insert some major freaking out.  I got to work and I had decided to bring in a gift basket that morning for our United Way Silent Auction.  Apparently the basket, my book bag, purse and lunch bag were too much for the doors at work to handle, because I got rejected 2 times and spit back out by the revolving doors.  I was freaking out because of the presentations and then I couldn't even get into work!  Luckily a person I used to work with was coming up to the door after my second rejection - she carried my purse and lunch bag for me and we both were able to get through the doors A-Okay.  I guess I should be glad about the safety measures taken at work, but it was just not my morning.  The main point here is that the lady was so nice, she didn't have to offer to help, she could have just let me call up to security or figure it out myself, but she lended a hand and made my morning just a bit better.  And side note - the presentations were found and delivered, even though they were a tiny bit late.  Lesson learned - always check my email first thing in the morning and follow up when sending those types of items.

I help out with the United Way campaign at my company, specifically the online silent auction.  The past few years we have done a group challenge where the different department get together and make up baskets to be auctioned off.  It's really fun to see what they come up with and I feel like this year people have really stepped up their game.  I was a little worried participation would be down this year because I hadn't really heard from anyone that they were putting together baskets, but Thursday (the day they were due), I received some really good ones, more than I had thought!  The auction starts next week and I am so excited for it to get underway and raise some money!

Water!  Tuesday I came home to a boil order.  This was my first boil order experience, and I am so glad that it was as short as it was.  There was a power outage in a local plant and the boil order was just precautionary.  I did end up having to boil some water and brush my teeth with a bottle of water, so that was an experience.  Luckily the next afternoon we got the all clear and it was back to normal.  It's amazing how much you appreciate things like that once they are gone!

I finally got to see the mid series finale of Pretty Little Liars - holy cow, what happened there?  I am so sad that the next part of the season is the last season, but I am super excited to finally have answers on what the heck is going on!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!



Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.

17 comments:

  1. I love these random acts of kindness that happened to you this week! Nothing like a little kindness to make you feel happy! And I am glad your boil order is no longer--I cannot imagine boiling water to use. We take conveniences like that for granted! Have a happy Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that good things still happen in this world. Thank goodness the boil order is lifted, what a hassle. May your weekend be full of love and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so nice that people helped you out in a time of need!! It's little things like that that really help pick your day up. What goes around comes around! Have a great weekend :)
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so nice of the cashier! That definitely would have made for a not pleasant evening if you found out about it when you got home. I finally watched the PLL finale too! I'm really wondering how they're going to end it, and I also thought that the whole head scene was pretty ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I hear stories of people doing kind acts! This world can sure use more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo nice of the cashier to run after you-- that would have totally made my day too! I'm glad everything worked out with the presentation, it's always the worst when you're commuting or not somewhere, where you can properly check or communicate with other people about what's going on. I was definitely unimpressed with the PLL finale because it's so obvious Spencer doesn't die. I am really anxious to see how everything gets wrapped up though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of the cashier to track you down so you wouldn't get home without your dinner! Sorry about the boil order, that would freak me out but it's better to be overly cautious! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing what a little bit of kindness can do to change a person's day. On a side note, revolving doors make me sooooo nervous! I always try to avoid them if possible, which drives my husband crazy!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so nice of both of these ladies!! PLL is on my to binge watch list for someday! Everyone seems to love it.
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hearing stories about random acts of kindness. I love doing them and have them happen to me. They just make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It's so refreshing to read things like this instead of the depressing news. Thanks for sharing :) happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, it sounds like you need a weekend! And I'm behind on PLL but Chris works this weekend so I'm planning on binging to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love when people are kind to one another? These days I feel like stuff like that just doesn't happen as often as it used to. It's always so wonderful to hear stories like that because it helps me to remember that there is good in the world. Some days it can be really hard to remember that. It makes me want to go out and do something nice for someone today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What did you cook with the ground beef? (Yeah, I read this whole post and this was my biggest concern, haha...weird of me, I know.) I try to do similar acts of kindness because you never know when it will be just what someone needs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it nice when people go out of their way to show a random act of kindness. It often doesn't take much effort so I don't know why people don't do it more often but sounds like you ran into some good luck and good people this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so sweet to hear about random acts of kindness! It just makes you feel good inside! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    Kelli xx
    Lovely in Gold

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice to hear about people doing kind things. It makes me want to do it more! The other day at the food store I parked next to an elderly woman. She loaded her bags into her car and then I saw her looking at how far away the cart return was. I offered to return it for her, and save her the walk, and she was seriously so thrilled. Her reaction and appreciation made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete