Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Favorites 9.30.16

Image result for friday images

Happy Friday!  Let's get right to my favorites.

United Way Silent Auction results!  As I have mentioned before, I head my company's silent auction for our United Way Campaign.  The results are in and we were able to raise just over $10,800 for the United Way!  What's even better is that we raised more than last year (which was a record), so this is an all-time high for us.  To say I am excited about this is an understatement.  I always stress, but at the last minute everything comes through and it exceeds my expectations.

The verdict is in on the Essie Gel Couture Line.  I am a believer.  While my nails didn't last the 14 days advertised, I did get a good 9 days of wear.  This is twice as long as normal, so I will definitely take it.  I love that the application process is so quick, too.  You only take 1 minute between coats, then let the final, top coat dry for a bit longer.  It really cuts down on the time it usually takes me to do my nails, which is a big positive for me.  Time to start collecting more colors!

Free Starbucks!  My friend passed along this valuable piece of information.  If you use the Cartwheel app, go to "checkout" and then swipe left, a free Starbucks beverage barcode should appear.  Now, I should say, because I don't know the specifics on how or why it appears - maybe you have to hit a certain number of points, maybe you just get one free one when you use it, I don't know for sure.  However, what I do know is that it popped up on my screen and since I have recently become a PSL lover, I have big plans to pick one up while I make a Target run this weekend.

This fall weather.  It was straight chilly the other day and I was just loving it.  It's been so nice to drive with my windows down, have the windows open at night, while snuggling under a blanket.  Just perfect!  I hope it keeps up this weekend (and beyond), because I would love, love, love to be able to wear some of my fall favorites.

I ordered the Mix and Match Mama Eats cookbook a week or two ago and it finally was delivered yesterday.  I can't wait to read it and check it out!  I swear, if I had the space I would just collect cookbooks.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.   

25 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! I am so excited to get the Eats cookbook too! I am also loving seeing 72 degrees pop up on my weather forecast-finally!! Have a great day--Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - so glad the essie gel line works for you too...I got about 8 days of wear without a chip so I need to add another color to my collection as well!! Happy Weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving this cold weather we've had. It looks like it's not going to last for us but I'm loving it while it's here! Congrats on the United Way success--so exciting! And I have flipped through Shay's cookbook multiple times reading it....it's so good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay free Starbucks!!!! I got Shay's cookbook too and am excited to read it. I hope your weekend is full of Fall fun and smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of the Essie gel line too! I had regular nail polish on last week and it was chipped within a day. Gel all the way in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check out that new Essie line, my current Essie polish is lasting 3 days, max!

    And that's awesome about the cartwheel app, I'll have to try that!

    Yayyy for Eats! I need to get my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm good to know about the free Starbucks thing! Definitely going to have to try that later! And yes to the Essie gel line!! SO amazing! Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need to cave and try out the essie polish line. I've been on the hunt for a new top coat. Do you notice a super chemical smell? Free starbucks is always a happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to try the Essie polish but every time I go to buy it, the top coat is always sold out. So annoying. Yay for free starbucks. I had no idea about that, will need to check that out. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to hear that the Essie gel polish held up well! I've been on the fence about whether to buy a couple bottles since I already have too much nail polish, but I think I'm going to pick some up right before I cash in that free Starbucks drink (who knew?!)! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to check out the Essie polish line, I've been treating myself to gel manicures lately because I hate when my nails chip, but it's starting to add up! ANd thanks for the Starbucks tip, I'll have to check it out on my next Target run!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just started using the Cartwheel app and am loving it so far. Hopefully that coupons pops up for me!!

    I've been wanting to try out the Essie Gel line for a while now but I haven't picked it up yet. I need to do that this weekend! Glad to hear it worked so well for you!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous you are experiencing fall weather... literally it was 105 here in southern CA earlier in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great job with raising so much! I'm the same way with always stressing and then thankfully things work out. Now I'm going to have to try this cartwheel thing to see if it works! Thanks for sharing :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  15. What?! That Cartwheel app nugget of info is priceless! I've been using that app forever and I have never heard that! I'm about to go try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BOO I tried that on my cartwheel app and it didn't work :-( You will have to share your thoughts on the cook book and favorite recipes! CONGRATS on your United Way success girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally bummed the Starbucks thing didn't pop up on my App? Do you have to sync them or something? =0( Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the cartwheel app trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's awesome to hear about the Silent Auction! You go girl. I need to download the cartwheel app!!!! Not only for a free Starbucks drink, either! ;) have you heard of the Shopkick app? They do similar stuff, like if you just WALK into Target you get so many points, etc.! Then you collect points for gift cards! :) have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dang it, the Cartwheel thing didn't come up for me! I NEED the Essie Gel Couture! I like never paint my fingernails because they seem to chip after a day or two...so 9 days would be a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the gel. How quick it dries is so nice. I get about 9 days out of it too, which is WAY longer than any other polish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So good to know about the free Starbucks! I have the Essie gel and like how it works but never expected it to really last 14 days but it is a nice do-it-at-home option to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard great things about the Essie gel top coat so I just ordered a bottle of it to try. Anything that gives my manicure some extra life would be appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. SUPER intrigued by the gel polish!! Thanks for sharing! One of my biggest issues with painting my nails is drying time, so this sounds like it's a good option!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness. Now I can't wait to try the free starbucks drink. I always get starbucks when I go to Target. Thanks for the info. I really want to try the gel polish. Mine never lasts and I would love something to last 9 days.

    ReplyDelete