Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Favorites 9.23.16

It's Friday!  Having a work conference the first half of the week really threw me for a loop, with after hours events in the evenings.  I have to say, it was a blast, but I was sure glad to get back into more of a routine.

The conference definitely held some of my favorites this week, the first being a happy hour Monday night, complete with karaoke.  Now I prefer to sing in my car, alone, but I work with a few people that LOVE to karaoke.  The night started out with "Born To Be Wild" and also included a male rendition of Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman".  It was fun to catch up with people I don't see as much, as well as hang out with some of my favorites.

Tuesday night was one of the best social events I have been to through work.  We got to go to Busch Stadium, where the St. Louis Cardinals play, and have dinner on the track behind home plate.  Not only that, but we were able to go on a tour of the stadium, get our drinks in the dug outs (and take pictures) AND we got to go to the bullpen and throw pitches to a few workers who were dressed in uniform.  To say it was the highlight of the conference would be an understatement.  I plan to share more about that night next week!



Part of the conference includes an HR session.  Usually it's some type of team building that includes us having to do something that is really outside of my comfort zone.  One time we were blindfolded, and had someone directing us to a specific item that was strewn all over the room.  We had to come up with the best way to get all the items in their proper place, which of course ended up with everyone having to work together, rather than just work in your individual team.  However, crawling on the floor blindfolded is something I could have done without.  Another year we had to "perform" a commercial, have it "approved" to then move forward with our next task, which was really awesome (building bikes for kids), but again, could have totally done without the whole commercial thing.  This year was MUCH more tame and so much more enjoyable for me.  It was all about gauging your development level and then being able to communicate your needs to receive the type of support needed from other co-workers and your boss.  Very useful and super interesting.

Moving in a different direction, another favorite is that fall is finally here!  While the Midwest still is feeling the heat - Mother Nature needs to get on the cooler temps, stat! - it is officially fall now.  I, along with so many others, LOVE fall.  I just love all that fall brings.  If you missed it yesterday, Sarah and I shared our fall decorating, and in the weeks prior have covered our favorite fall fashions and fall recipes.  Next week is the last edition - our favorite fall activities - so make sure to check back for that!

My brother sent a video of Jack this week that was just so dang cute.  He was playing with stacking cups, got super frustrated when he couldn't get them stacked right, but then once he did, he stood up (using my brothers head to help push himself up which was hilarious) and then continue to just give my brother the biggest bear hug.  SO sweet.  Getting glimpses of him is just the best.

Enjoy your weekend!
 
Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.
 

      

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your baseball stadium event! It sounds like the really treated y'all well! And I am not a fan of certain team-building activities haha! Like this summer when I had to do a high ropes course....no thank you, I can be a team player without having to do all of that!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool week you had - the tour of the stadium and dinner is amazing!! Hope you have a great weekend girl!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about your trip and the Cards game. I love how sweet Jack melts your heart!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun week! I agree about team building.. I always hate it and it's definitely something that makes me nervous anytime it's brought up haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember doing team building exercises like that at work too, some super awkward! I'm glad this one was tame, LOL.

    The video of your nephew sounds so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I love work conferences. They get you energized and excited and are a fun change of pace. It's in the 60s today in Minnesota hope some of our cooler weather is moving your way! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what an awesome work event! My husband would be so jealous-- he's a huge Cardinal's fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fun team building! Shania Twain is the best... I can really get after that song in the car too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Busch Stadium tour/dinner sounds soooo awesome!! My hubby went to a work conference in St. Louis and got to go to a game as a team building thing, I was super jealous! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! Sounds like an eventful week. I'm not big into team building activities and always feel out of my comfort zone as well. Enjoy your weekend :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you guys do team-building activities at work. We used to do a lot of that here, but over the years it kind of died out. It's always nice when we all do something outside of work, though, because it promotes unity and I feel like it brings us all closer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool event at the stadium!! That sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge baseball fan, so that dinner sounds like a blast! I can't wait to hear more about it! Actually, your whole conference sounds fun! I'm sure those types of events make work so much more enjoyable. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like an interesting, but helpful conference when it comes to working together. Yay for karaoke. I love karaoke, but a couple drinks is definitely a must before I take the stage haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO cool about your work conference and getting to hang in the stadium!! That is awesome :) And I have always wanted to go karaoke-ing but never have haha- I'm like you, I rock out in my car but I don't know if I could do it in front of people or not hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh that Busch Stadium event sounds so fun! I can't wait to hear more about it!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete