Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday Favorites 9.2.16

Yay for another Friday!  This one is extra nice, because I am off and enjoying some time at home (my parent's). 

I am going to lead with a Friday off as my first favorite.  Yesterday was kind of a headache at work.  It never fails that the day before you have time planned off, it gets a little crazy, no matter how well prepared you think you are!  I am glad that day is behind me and onto the extra long weekend!

If you tuned in yesterday, you saw my fall collaboration announcement for this month.  Sarah @ Meet the Shaneyfelts and I have a bunch of fun fall posts planned for every Thursday of September.  I didn't think I could be more excited for fall, but add in these fun posts, and I am!

I was up in the air on when I was actually going to drive home, but when I told my mom Thursday after work, her next words were Mario's Pizza?  Yes, please!  It's a Pontiac staple and my favorite pizza place back home.  I am not sure what they do differently, but I truly have not found anything else like it!

This one is a favorite and not so favorite of mine - Thresherman's Reunion has been cancelled.  It's a steam show, which I just learned is the second oldest steam show in the U.S.  Pulling from the website, "The reunion was the result of a dream and work of Mr. Zehr, who wanted to acquaint a younger generation with the romance of the old steam threshing days and give old timers a chance to reminisce".  Anyways, it's a big deal for Pontiac, so it's a bummer that it has been cancelled due to excess rain and the park being too wet.  The positive side is that means I will get to see my dad a bit more.  His car club always does the food for Thresherman's so he is pretty much out there for the entirety of the Labor Day weekend.  Since it is cancelled, it'll be nothing but quality time with the fam!  While I mention Thresherman's, I have to share this story with my fellow One Tree Hill fans.  Mark Schwahn, the creator / producer of One Tree Hill, is from Pontiac, and I am pretty sure he still has a house in town.  A few years back, he came back to Pontiac this weekend and headed out to Thresherman's...with James Lafferty.  AKA Nathan Scott on One Tree Hill.  James posted a picture, my friend saw it, sent it to me, and was like he is in Pontiac.  I text my dad, asked if he spoke with Mark (my dad is friends with his family) and if he saw James with him.  My dad was like yes, I think so.  So basically my dad met James Lafferty and didn't even know it.  And I was nowhere near Pontiac at this time, of course.  However, I still think it's a super neat story and had to share it.   



Having the windows open is one of my favorite things when the summer turns to fall.  We are getting a peek at these cooler temps and when I made it home tonight, my mom had all the windows open.  The fresh air is just so nice.  My apartment doesn't really get that, even when I do open up because it gets no cross breeze.  My parents house is another story and it's just so refreshing!

Hope you all have a fantastic Labor Day weekend!  See you back here on Tuesday! 

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.

 

16 comments:

  1. I hope you have lots of fun at your parents this weekend! And too bad your dad didn't get a picture with him! I was obsessed with One Tree Hill in high school and I even had the soundtrack for season 1 haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your Fall posts and YES to having the windows open. Happy long weekend beautiful girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your windows being open! Have a great long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the creator of OTH was from Pontiac?! How cool that you Dad knows him and his family and that James Lafferty was there!! I'm a huge OTH fan :)

    Have a great long weekend filled with family fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with your parents this weekend! I love OTH and any connection to the show is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have an awesome weekend at home!! James Lafferty?! That's awesome!! I love OTH!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful weekend with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um hi so jealous of your dad. That's such a cool story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your weekend at home with your parents!! We love having our windows open too, I love that clean and crisp air! Now I'm craving pizza for lunch lol I love finding a good pizza place and it being back home for you is just a bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're having a great weekend with your parents!! I can't wait for you and Sarah and your fall posts! It's going to be a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is true that no matter what happens, things are always crazy right before you leave on vacation. We're getting ready, and I'm trying to prep myself as much as possible before we leave. I hope that you have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was super-duper obsessed with OTH in high school - & am still a huge fan of the show. LOVE James Lafferty! Thats amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! I had no idea that the producer of One Tree Hill is from Pontiac and still has a house there! That's awesome that James Lafferty was there and that your dad got to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always look forward to eating at my favorite local spots when I go home so I smiled when I saw your mom suggested pizza plans when you got in town. I couldn't believe you mentioned going to a steam show. I grew up going to Thresherman's Park in Indiana and I have never met anyone else who even knew what these were. So fun!! Sorry yours got cancelled this year. Hope you have a great, long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can't open windows now (the maintenance staff at our apartment complex painted all of them shut, in every apartment, for some reason!), but I have enjoyed opening back door at our place. I usually try to appreciate all seasons but I am looking forward to fall this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah I love the One Tree Hill story! I think I just realized that Mark used his hometown name for where crazy Nanny Carrie went to school ahhh. Love the favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete