Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Favorites 9.15.16

Image result for yay for friday
via

Happy Friday!  My days were all mixed up this week - Wednesday felt like Thursday and Thursday, of course, felt like Friday.  Thankfully it is actually Friday, so onto the weekend!

I think I have mentioned before, but my company is in the midst of their annual United Way Campaign.  As a way to get people to make a pledge, we have floor competitions.  Whichever floor has the highest percentage of participation, they win a small prize for the following week.  My floor won last week, so this week our prize was a popcorn snack on Tuesday afternoon.  It was such a nice little treat to break up the afternoon.

My cousin is getting married soon and I wanted to pick up some new jewelry to wear to her wedding - specifically some items from Kendra Scott.  I was just checking out the pricing yesterday, and realized they were offering a free necklace promotion, as long as you spent over $100.  Since I was getting earrings and a necklace, I just decided to pull the trigger and get that free necklace!  I am really excited to wear the brown pearl jewelry for the wedding and throughout the fall.  For my free necklace I went with the rose gold and peach because it was totally different from what I have and I just love how feminine and soft the colors are.  Getting that free necklace was definitely a highlight of the week!

The Taste of St. Louis is this weekend.  If you have been reading here for awhile, you know I love food.  The Taste is awesome because you can get little bites from so many difference places.  Not to mention it is within walking distance from my place, which is so nice because you don't have to deal with parking and gives me the opportunity to walk off some of the yummy treats I am bound to eat. 

This week I decided I needed to get up and moving more at work.  So around 2:00 the past few afternoons, I have been walking the stairs.  It works out because I am on the top floor, so I just go all the way down, turn around and head back up.  It's not much at all, but it's a little something to get me moving and away from my desk.  I chose 2:00, because that time in the afternoon I either start getting sleepy, hungry, or a little bit antsy.  I thought it would be a good way to distract myself.  While I know it won't happen everyday, I definitely want to keep trying to do it when I can.

My mom is coming to visit this weekend and I am super pumped.  It was a last minute thing and while we don't have anything super big planned, it will be really nice to see her.  She is going to help me put the finishing touches on my fall decorations, organize my fridge and we are finally going to check out an antique/home store that I have wanted to go to ever since I moved to the area.  Should be a really fun visit! '

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.



21 comments:

  1. I love Kendra Scott! I've got a fee necklaces and a pair of earrings. It's always my go to jewelry of choice! Have so much fun with your mom!! I'm dying for a visit with my mom but she's currently in Michigan until the end of October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a mama visit, you guys have the best time and the Taste of St. Louis sounds sooo fun and yummy!! happy weekend gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't own anything Kendra Scott! I'm so late to the party! I do want a necklace so maybe next month for my birthday? And have fun with your mom this weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a free Kendra Scott necklace!! That totally justifies the purchase :) The Taste of St Louis sounds like the Taste of Chicago, I'm sure it will be awesome! Have a great time with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that email about the KS promotion -- that's awesome you took advantage of it! Enjoy Taste of St. Louis this weekend! That sounds like it would be right up my alley too. And how great that it's within walking distance!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how involved and supportive your workplace is- it always sounds like you're doing so many things to keep everyone motivated. Yay for your new Kendra Scott pieces- it's the best when you were already planning to purchase something and there's a freebie involved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww have the best time with your mom! yay for getting a free necklace, that is awesome! i have a kendra scott necklace and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New jewelry is so much fun! And I love rose gold. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Thanks for the tip about the free KS necklace! I'm obsessed! Hope you find the perfect pieces for the wedding!

    McKenzie // SomethinSouthernBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just kicked off our annual fundraising campaign too and it's always so fun to see what everyone comes up with to compete and raise money. Our division host a bowling tourney each year with lots of fun prizes for best costumes, most gutter balls, etc and a trophy that gets passed around each year. So fun! Have a great time with your mom this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Walking the stairs at work sounds like a fabulous idea! And a free KS necklace promotion - yes please! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a free necklace and a visit from your mom! Your weekend is going to be awesome! And that is a great idea to walk the stairs in your building. How many floors is it? I wish we had stairs here because I would do the same thing. And you're so right about 2 PM being the worst time of the work day. That's the time when I start to feel like I'm in a slump as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tasting event this weekend sounds wonderful!! And who doesn't love free KS?! I totally need to join their email list! Have a great weekend :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo a free KS necklace!!! I hope you and your mom have a fabulous time this weekend! Good for you walking those stairs too. I try to make myself get up and walk every couple of hours for extra steps and it's amazing the difference it makes in the count on my loop at the end of the day!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I not know Kendra Scott was doing that promotion! I'm glad you took advantage of it! Have a great weekend with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know exactly what you mean about this week... I've been all over the place! The tasting event sounds like so much fun. Have a great weekend!

    Sarah // www.sarahincolor.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great visit with your mom! I struggle so much with moving at work. I might need to start walking the stairs too. I think I'm going to try it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun with your mom! Sometimes the best memories happen on days when you didn't have much planned before.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're having fun with your mom in town! I adore KS jewelry so I can't wait to see what you pick out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Kendra Scott deal was a great one! Hope you had a great time with your mom!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lot of good things to look forward to! I like the idea of walking the stairs at work too!

    ReplyDelete