Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fall Favorites 2016: Recipes

Time for another fall favorite with Sarah!  To learn a little bit more about Sarah and I and our Fall Favorites series, click here


Last week we shared our favorite fall fashions, and this week it's all about the food.  I absolutely love to cook and bake, especially when the weather cools down.  To me, it's all about the comfort food come fall!

I love my mom's meatloaf anytime, but even more so in the fall.  It is delicious and reminds me of home.  Usually, when I head back to my parents, my mom asks me what I would like her to make for dinner.  Meatloaf is probably requested nine times out of ten.  Served with a potato and side of veggies and you have one of my favorite meals!


Crockpot meals are a definite winner in the fall, although, I am really trying to use it more throughout the year.  It's just so dang handy and makes life so much easier!  Another recipe my mom used to make growing up that I just love is beef and noodles.  It's so hearty, so cozy and so easy.  A definite win!


A newer recipe to me, but one that I just love, is beef fasolia.  It's definitely high on my list of favorites, and the leftovers just get better and better. 


Soup is such a comfort food, and to me, homemade chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food.  This is what I crave when I am sick, or just enjoy on a cool day for lunch or dinner.  I love to make a big batch so that I can freeze some to enjoy for later.  So, so good and another one of my mom's recipes - can you tell I love her cooking?


For an appetizer, nacho cheese dip is the best, whether it is for a football game or just a get together.  Everyone loves it, and while you do have to brown the meat before throwing it in the crockpot, the hardest part for me is just waiting for it all to melt together before you can eat it!

Pumpkin squares have to be my all-time favorite fall treat.  I seriously can't get enough of them and always look for an excuse to make them in the fall.  Usually that excuse is a birthday at work.  That way I can indulge a little, but then get them out of the house so the temptation is no longer there.


A few other favorites include baked potato soup, beef stew and chicken poliverde.  I realize I haven't shared those on the blog yet so stayed tune!

What are your favorite fall recipes?

 Linking up with  Annie.   
     

15 comments:

  1. All of this looks so appetizing! I'm such a sweets girl that the pumpkin squares look perfect for breakfast right about now haha!! And I'm a fan of my mom's meatloaf too....must be a mom thing?!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade soups in the fall and you can't beat classic chicken noodle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look so good! I love fall and comfort meals, the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy round up! Now I'm wanting meatloaf at 7am :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What yummy recipes! I can't wait to try them. I love using my crockpot and have soups going most every Sunday come fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, those pumpkin squares look amazing!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soups of any kind are definitely my favorite for fall. Give me all the nacho/taco dip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I'm craving meatloaf now! I also need to go back and check out your chicken noodle soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I sit here drinking my coffee, I want one of those pumpkin squares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all sound AMAZING! And I agree with you 100% on the mom's meatloaf... that is always the #1 thing that I request for my mom to make as well. Come to think of it, we haven't had it in a while, so maybe I'll see if she will make it Sunday! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Allllll the beef dishes! I always get jealous when people say they love their mom's anything, because my mom wasn't much of a cook! I'll have to try your mom's haha. And that fasiola. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy pumpkin squares! I always love making soup when the weather gets cold. I've been craving chili and my husband always requests chicken noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cozy recipes! I have to agree, my mom makes the BEST fall food and I'm totally thinking of all of her recipes when I brainstorm my favorites as well. She makes an amazing pumpkin sausage pasta that I need to learn how to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm everything looks amazing, especially those pumpkin squares! I was just in walmart looking for pumpkin mixes and there were NONE! Are they behind or are they just all sold out??
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete