Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fall Favorites 2016: Fashion

Happy Thursday!  I am super excited for this post today, as it is the first in the fall series that Sarah at Meet the Shaneyfelts and I are doing this month.  If you aren't sure who Sarah is, or are new around here, check back to last Thursday's post for a little intro and then make sure to check out Sarah's blog, too!



We had a glimpse of fall this weekend that definitely got me in the mood for this post - fall fashion.  While I love a good sundress, to me, you cannot beat a plaid shirt and a good pair of jeans.  Paired with some booties and that is pretty much my fall/winter uniform.  While the weather isn't quite cooperating yet, I am eagerly awaiting the crisp fall weather so I can bust a few of these things out!

First, let's start with tops. 
One / Two 

Three / Four  
Plaid is usually my go-to on the weekends.  If not plaid, then probably next up is a denim top.  I love this one for all seasons - pair it with jeans in the fall/winter, shorts for the spring and then it's the perfect thing to throw on top of dresses or tanks in the summer to combat the air conditioning of some places.  I have the lighter color and it is probably one of the most worn things in my closet!  Cardigans are another go-to for me.  Boyfriend cardigans, with a plain top or dress, are something I wear time and time again.  For a night out, or just for work, I usually reach for a flowy top to dress things up.

On to bottoms.
One / Two 

I have a few more "textured" skirts for work, which just scream fall and winter to me.  They are a bit more cozy to me, while still being professional.  I picked up another pair of black jeans at the anniversary sale, since mine got a little bit faded (always wash inside out!), but I still have my more "worn" pair for a more casual look.  Dark wash skinnies, along with a pair of trouser jeans round out my fall bottoms. 

Shoes (and purses) are some of my favorite things, especially when it comes to fall. 

One / Two / Three / Four / Five
A pair of good pumps are perfect for any season, but I am planning to pair mine with trouser jeans and a crisp white shirt for a Friday at work look this fall.  I tend to favor booties over tall boots, with Toms as a favorite brand.  Flat booties are something new I am trying out these year and have a feeling they will probably be a favorite.  When I really want to get comfy, I bust out my Uggs.  I have had mine for years and I still love them.  They are just too dang comfy!

Accessories.
One / Two 

While I am not much of an accessorizer - I pretty much only change up my earrings on a day to day basis - there are a few cooler weather things I love.  I picked up a floppy hat last year and am excited to have a chance to wear it again.  Scarves are another things I love - the bigger, the better it seems when I look in my closet.  My favorites include a blanket scarf with all colors so that it goes with anything, and a plain infinity sweater scarf - again, it just goes with everything!  (Side note - my scarf did NOT cost this much, but I couldn't find the original and it really looks exactly like the expensive version.)  Like I mentioned, earrings are one of the few things I switch up on a regular basis, and I feel like a new pair of Kendra Scott earrings would make a nice addition to my rotation.

Outerwear - can't forget the jackets!

Three types of jackets come to mind for me - a pleather jacket, a military jacket and a brightly colored jacket.  Cognac is my color of choice for a faux leather jacket.  I have had one for a few years and I think it is just timeless.  I picked up a military jacket from the Nordstrom Sale this year, and I am loving the gray color of it.  I have a bright orange jacket which I love, because really, it doesn't get much more fall than that!  It's lighter weight, which is good for those days where Mother Nature can't decide if its going to truly be cool, or end up warmer.

That's pretty much my fall wardrobe in a nutshell.  You can pretty much count on finding me in some combination of these items.  Writing this post got me excited all over again - fingers crossed it will be time to actually wear these things soon!

If you shared your favorite fall fashions today, too, make sure you leave your link in the comments section, that way we (and everyone else) can make sure to check it out!

 Linking up with  Annie.   

15 comments:

  1. I bought one plaid shirt last year and it's the first one I've ever bought! I may try to buy a brighter one this year just to give it another shot haha! And I love the shoes you selected--I told Dustin that I've got to find myself another pair of booties this year. It's a MUST haha! And I love all of the accessories you posted...especially the two scarves! I am a scarf fanatic and would wear one with every outfit haha! Love this!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so great! I'm ready to wear some of my thicker skirts to work just to change it up a bit and I love all those jackets you shared - I have one utility jacket I scored randomly and I love it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about plaid and booties! But I need some more plaid in my life for sure! Those earrings are gorgeous! What a fun series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE that chambray top - I wear mine with EVERYTHING in fall!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall fashion is by far my fav! I love chambray and plaid and of course give me all the chunky scarves and booties! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing says fall like plaid and skinnies. I am dying to start wearing it on the weekends! That military jacket is adorable, I love the color. And I am DYING over the KS earrings-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to blanket scarves! Absolute must! I just bought a utility jacket this past weekend, haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not, and of course I'm waiting patiently to bring out the boots! I have to join your series next week if I remember!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to start wearing my plaid shirts this year too and I would love another denim shirt and I love the color of the green cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are speaking my fashion love language today!! Plaid, jeans and booties is definitely my weekend uniform in the fall. I'm so ready for scarves, sweaters, booties & floppy hats!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flat booties are my go-to...love them and they go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love all of these choices, Emily! That plaid shirt is gorgeous, and so is the textured skirt. And you're right, textured skirts DO scream winter! And they look great with tights!

    I have that red jacket from Old Navy and it's my favorite jacket ever! I wore it nonstop last winter, and it's perfect for Georgia games once the weather gets cold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all these picks! I have to get myself new stuff for fall and now I want to go and get it right now! Mind you it is super humid here today LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have great taste! Love those jackets and cardigans. Fall is heeeeere :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything!! I'm hoping to pick up some new plaids this Fall, some brown booties, distressed denim and I just found a great military vest. I'm anxious to unpack my scarves and cardigans so I can start layering. Now if the temps would just cool the heck off that would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love plaid and all the jewel toned colors of fall! And boots, obvi. You two should totally make this a linkup going forward!

    ReplyDelete