Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fall Favorites 2016: Bucket List


For the final edition of Fall Favorites 2016, Sarah and I are sharing our fall bucket lists, or our favorite fall activities.  While I might not get everything done, it's still fun to think of all the festive fun you can have during the fall!

1.  Make applesauce.  My grandma makes the BEST homemade applesauce.  I have all the necessary tools to make the applesauce, but have never actually tried.  This year will be different!  If it's a win, I will definitely be sharing the recipe.

2.  Make two pumpkin dishes - one savory and one sweet.  I made a pumpkin dish earlier this week that I mentioned yesterday, but it was so yummy I want to make more!  I never really tried savory pumpkin until now and just loved it!  Pumpkin squares are also a fall staple for me and I will be making them, even if it is just to take to work one day.

3.  Try a pumpkin spice latte.  I always wanted to see what the hype was so this was a must to my list this year.  Verdict - I wish I had never tried it because I love it and am addicted after one!  Yum!

4.  Visit a winery.  We have some gorgeous wineries around the St. Louis area with amazing views.  One of my favorites is Chandler Hill and I would love to get out there one weekend.

5.  Go to the pumpkin patch!  I love the pumpkin patch, it's just so fun.  Even though it only takes me like 5 minutes to find a pumpkin I want, I love the whole experience of going.

6.  Carve a pumpkin.  This is one that has been on my list for years, but has never quite been crossed off.  I already have the kit, so no excuses, this is the year!

7.  Walk under the trees, crunching the leaves.  I know this sounds silly, but one of the simplest pleasures in the fall is walking on a crisp day, with the leaves crunching under your feet.

8.  Take a drive to see the changing leaves.  There are some roads close by that make for a perfect Sunday drive.  They are gorgeous any time of the year, but even more so during the fall with all the colors!    

9.  Stock up on fall candles.  I already have gone through my Autumn in the Park candle and started on my Spiced Pumpkin.  I have heard such good things about B&BW candles, I may have to check out their selection, too!

10.  Decorate for fall!  As you know, this is something I have already done, but it's probably my favorite on the list.  I love how warm and cozy my apartment feels with all the extra décor.  Just signifies the start of fall (even if a few weeks after decorating it is still in the 90's) and all things to come!

What are your favorite fall activities?

If you want to check out my other fall favorite, click on the links below!

Linking up with Annie.

13 comments:

  1. We have some of the same things on our lists.....like make applesauce! I've wanted to try that for the past few years but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm going to do it this year!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I posted about my fall favorites today too! I absolutely LOVE cooking and baking in the fall. I have always wanted to try to make a pumpkin roll but I'm a little scared..haha! Have a great day-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I totally get walking outside under the leaves and hearing the crunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo you'll have to let us know if the applesauce turns out! And pumpkin squares? I think I need to look those up! I think I need to add visit a winery to my list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely let us know how the applesauce turns out! I've never attempted it before either. And you're so right about taking a walk with the leaves crunching under your feet. It's the little things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, making applesauce sounds fun! I've never done it! I love drives in the fall, too. There are some really scenic back roads that Jared and I take on the way to and from our church and they are my FAVE this time ofy ear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade applesauce is the best! I also recommend you try making pumpkin butter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list! This is my favorite time of year. On my list are decorate for fall, drink way too many PSL's, take my daughter to a pumpkin patch, burn fall candles, and bake pumpkin bread for our neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all of these!! I haven't made applesauce for a few years, but I love making all kind of apple and pumpkin treats in the Fall. We're hoping to head to a pumpkin patch and plan some fun Halloween things with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wish I didn't like PSLs now too! Hahaha. I'm going to a pumpkin patch on Saturday and I'm soo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you finally tried a PSL! I love them and wait for them all year but not everyone else feels the same way! As for B&BW candles, I am obsessed with Sweater Weather right now!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fun fall things on this list-- I need to stock up on candles too, I have half of one from last year, but that's it. I also want to try a simmer pot, to see if it really works/smells good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bath and Body Works does have some good candles. I especially like "campfire marshmallow".

    ReplyDelete