Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Butter & Chive Potatoes

When I was at my parents over Labor Day Weekend, my mom made a potato side to go with one of our dinners.  It was so easy and delicious, I knew I had to share. 



Butter & Chive Potatoes
Small, red fingerling potatoes
Butter
Chives, Chopped
Kosher Salt
Pepper

Quarter potatoes (or halve, depending on the size), cutting them so that all pieces are roughly the same size.  Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes.  Drain water and place potatoes back into the pot.  Add butter, chives, salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.  Stir all together, then serve.  Enjoy!

So easy and quick, and so very delicious.

Make sure to check back tomorrow - I will be sharing my favorite fall recipes!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.  

19 comments:

  1. Sometimes the most simple ingredients are the best!! I take the same approach to my fave pasta and pizza. I love chives (and let's be honest, butter) so I know I'd love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite kind of potatoes, that I don't make nearly enough! xo, Biana -http://www.blovedboston.com/2016/09/bachelorette-party-packing-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMMM! I need to make these sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yes! This sounds like such a yummy side and I love that it's so easy! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds so good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! You had me at garlic! I'm always looking for a fun way to add new sides to our dinners, and this is perfect :)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound so good o& easy to make! I make one that's pretty similar - if you like garlic, try adding in some fresh garlic to the mix. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at butter... ;) these look GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm butter. Everything is better with butter (except maybe pizza lol). But where's the garlic?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to make these tomorrow with dinner! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this, Emily! I'm going to make them next week for dinner. So easy, but they sound amazing. Potatoes are one of my favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so delicious! I wonder if it would work with sweet potatoes...they're my go-to, and I have them on hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you were speaking my potato love language with these! The little fingerlings are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh yum! We don't make potatoes very often, but this sounds like such a good combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One thing I could never stop eating: potatoes! Haha I'll definitely be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a big fan of red potatoes! Simple and delicious.. two of my favorite things when cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmm I love potatoes! This is a perfect potato recipe for Thanksgiving!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love potatoes so much and these sound ah-mazing!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a sucker for potatoes, so this has my name all over it. I love how easy it is, totally saving this for a rainy day!!

    ReplyDelete