Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 8.31.16


I am SO excited that this Wednesday is the last in August.  I am ready for September and all that it brings - fall! I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - 
Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...I made some yummy beef & black bean enchiladas on Sunday and have been eating on them ever since.  For breakfast, hard boiled eggs with a banana muffin has been my go-to.  I am almost wishing for over ripened bananas so I can make another batch of muffins.  I just love them! 



What I'm reminiscing about...my Chicago trip last fall.  I am heading back there soon for a few days and I just cannot wait to be back in my favorite city!



What I'm loving...this is kind of silly, but this past weekend I was really on top of my game and set out my clothes for the entire work week.  It's amazing how something as simple as that can really make your mornings easier.

What I've been up to...working on my company's United Way Silent Auction!  It's starting September 12th and I am trying my hardest to have everything ready to go by this week, so that I can enjoy the long weekend with minimal stress.  All the items have been collected, but now comes the tedious part - putting them up on the website.  I have a big chunk done, but still so much to go!


What I'm dreading...our department coordinator is out this week (on a much deserved vacation - she is the best!), but that means a few things she normally would do is now falling on me and I am just a bit nervous on the execution.  Fingers crossed I don't mess anything up!

What I'm working on...I guess the United Way Silent Auction answer should have actually fallen under this one.  I also have been working on cleaning out my closet, but I can check that off the list because I finished it this past weekend!  Another thing I am really trying to do is come up with different meals for the food I have at home, rather than run out to the grocery store.  My freezer is a bit crowded, so I am hoping this helps get rid of a few things!

What I'm excited about...an extra long weekend!  I am taking both Friday AND Tuesday off.  I cannot wait!  Not to mention - September marks the start of fall and I am SO excited about that.  I have a super fun collaboration coming up for fall, too, so make sure to check back tomorrow for details on that!

What I'm watching...still loving RHONJ and RHOC.  While I am not a super avid watching of RHONY, I am excited to see the reunion after that crazy last episode.  Pretty Little Liars has been keeping me on the edge of my seat, too.  I knew the show couldn't go on forever, but I am so sad that it is going to be over next year.  I can't wait to see how everything really unfolds.  The Pioneer Woman is also thrown in there.  Her show is probably my favorite cooking show and I love watching it on the weekends.  It makes me want to go live on a ranch where I can just cook and cook all day!

What I'm listening to...nothing really.  My minimal commute doesn't necessarily allow for a lot of radio time.

What I'm wearing...For work, especially in this humidity, you can find me in a pencil skirt, a sleeveless blouse and a cardigan, or a dress.  Lately on the weekend I have been loving jean shorts (similar).  I wore them to Jack's birthday party because I knew I would want to be on the floor playing with him.  The style is a bit more dressy so I feel put together, but have good stretch which makes them so comfortable.  I threw them on again this past weekend and I have a feeling they will be making it in my bag again this coming weekend. 

What I'm doing this weekend...I have a super fun weekend planned.  I am going to be at my parents for a few days, then head on a quick little getaway to Chicago.  My mom and I have shopping and flea market plans, then it's all about the food in Chicago.  Well, the food and seeing my cousin's new condo.  I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a whirlwind, but in the best kind of way.

What I'm looking forward to next month...fall.  I know that has been on repeat, but it is very true.  I can't wait for the (hopefully) cooler weather, cozy clothes and all the yummy fall recipes.  The end of the month brings a wedding - my cousin.  Family weddings are just the best, not to mention this one is being held at my aunt's farm.  I love the idea of a barn wedding and cannot wait to see how this one comes together!

Bonus Question: What is your favorite summer to fall transitional piece in your closet...I have a feeling it is going to be these tank dresses.  They are so nice and airy for the summer, but adding a long cardigan and booties takes them right to fall.



21 comments:

  1. I can't wait for fall either, it's definitely the theme of blogger land lately! I am totally with you on all the shows...PLL...holy cow, last night? I really need to discuss this with someone. Also, when I found out that it only has one more season I literally felt like someone was breaking up with me. I adore Chicago! My sister lived there for years and going to visit her was my favorite. We went last spring and had the best time! Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Chicago! I've never been but have always wanted to go! And I have a really short commute too since I moved into town after getting married. I used to have a 20 minute commute so I listened to podcasts but now my commute is 5 minutes..with traffic ha so I barely get to listen to one song on the radio. Have a great day!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you have such a long weekend ahead! I hope you have a great trip! And now I want that tank dress in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Ii live in Orland Park and I found your blog a while ago on a link up, and I love it! What flea market do you go to? I have been trying to find a good one! Thanks!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! We are going to Kane County Flea Market - below is the link. I will check with my grandma to see if she has any others she would recommend, since she lives in the area. If you want, send me your email so I can let you know (the little envelope under my picture), otherwise I will just post back on here!

      http://www.kanecountyfleamarket.com/

      Delete
  5. I'm a RHONY and RHONJ fan - shamefully looking forward to the reunion tonight as well, lol!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much time you can save during the week in the mornings if you lay your clothes out before the week starts! I love not having to make decisions in the morning & doing that eliminates at least one of them :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes girl cheers to August being almost behind us! I adore sept/Oct for weather but mostly fall fashion and football! You sound busy and I'm with you on the tank dresses! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of your extra long weekend! Your trip to Chicago sounds like it's going to be a blast! And bring on all the fall! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes for all of the fall things! #praisehands Sounds like you have such a fun weekend planned, I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous you're going back to Chicago, you know we love it there! And you know what else I love, black beans! Those enchiladas so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to all the RHOC and RHONJ, I was so relieved there wasn't any drama on their recent girls trip to the spa even though the previews made it look like Jaqueline and Teresa would be at each other again *phew*. And yay for long weekends and of course Chicago! Such an amazing city - enjoy <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will do a great job with your boss gone! Hope you enjoy your fun weekend! I don't watch RHONY either but I will definitely be watching that reunion!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to start laying out my clothes each night. I can't believe that you were able to lay yours out for the entire week!! That's awesome! Talk about making your mornings easier... lately that has been taking longer and longer for me in the mornings, so I might try to be more prepared next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to pay more attention to my wardrobe. It's a catch 22 because I work from home, so people really don't care! I think your outfits sound so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting back to Chicago will be such fun! Enjoy your extra long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those enchiladas sound amazing! I can't wait to try them!
    I've only been to Chicago once, but would love to go back. When I do, I'll have to get you to tell me some of the best restaurants. Last time I just had pizza at Gino's & went to Wrigley. They were both pretty fantastic! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm currently saving some bananas to make bread with and I love picking out outfits and having them ready to go. I usually try to do this for my mom when I go to visit her so she's ready to look cute for teaching :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So jealous of your extra long weekend! I'm working all weekend. I don't mind because it is holiday pay and I'm gonna try to take some vacation time at the end of the month. I too am so excited for fall! I cannot wait to start wearing my fall clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to read about your Chicago trip! Such a great city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so jealous of your extra long weekend, although I can't complain too much because I only have a three day work week next week too! And yes for all of the awesome real housewives that have been happening lately! I'm finally getting caught up after being gone last week!

    ReplyDelete