Wednesday, August 17, 2016

What's Hap-pinning Wednesday: Currently...

I haven't done one of these posts in ages, so I thought now might be a good time to share what's going on currently...

Reading...First Women: The Grace and Power of America's Modern First Ladies by Kate Andersen Brower.  Or rather, I should say that I was reading it.  This was one of my library books and I was really excited to read it.  But then I went to the library and got some new books and was sucked into a series before I opened this book.  Before I knew it, I had to return this book (yesterday) and could not renew, because someone has a hold on it.  I made it about 1/3 of the way and it's so very interesting.  It's taking me a bit longer to read than my normal books, but I plan to check it out again when available.  If you have any interest in politics, specifically the first ladies, I would recommend it!


Watching...The Olympics, as is everyone else.  I am not quite as into it with swimming done, but it's still the Olympics!

Cooking...I tried a "new to me" recipe from Pinterest this week.  I actually blogged about it before here, but never got around to make it.  I have to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan.  I had high expectations because it seemed SO easy and healthy.  It could have been my veggies combo (red onions, squash and corn), but even with using more seasoning that the recipe called for, it felt like the flavor just wasn't there. 

Eating...While I did finish the above mentioned recipe fail, Thai Burgers have also been on the menu this week.  I had a few patties in the freezer that I was able to pull out and then paired with my favorite green beans

Wearing...my favorite Loft pants, paired with these strappy heels (both on sale!).  I originally bought these shoes to wear for more dressy occasions, but I love them for work.  I can't get over how comfortable they are! 

Working out...I usually stick to cardio - treadmill, elliptical and bike, but I know I need to add in different exercises to see more results.  I hope to integrate this work out from Honey We're Home into my weekly routine.

Buying...essentials.  My no spend month is in full effect and I am sticking to it, at least so far.  I did spot the Essie Gel line at Target last time I was there, which was hard to resist.  I do feel like I could argue that not having to do my nails as often could be something necessary, but I think that would be grasping for straws just a little bit.   

Wishing...Jackson Thomas a happy first birthday!  I cannot believe my little godson/nephew is one!  Time just flies!


Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

21 comments:

  1. Over halfway done with your no spend month! And I have a feeling that all of America won't know what to watch after the Olympics are over since we've all been glued to the tv!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Happy Birthday Jackson, what a doll!! I love Loft pants so much, such a good fit and they last forever, well made!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those thai burgers sound so good - and once I start cooking again I'm going to make them!! I'm ready for regularly scheduled programming after the olympics come to an end LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Essie gel polish! It definitely lasted longer for me and looks/feels more durable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your nephew! He is too cute! And those Thai burgers sound delicious!!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when I can't finish a book in time and am unable to renew it! I'm definitely going to check that book out- I haven't heard of it, but it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when Pinterest meals don't turn out the way you hoped. But those Thai burgers sound amazing! And loving those Loft pants! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nephew is absolutely adorable! Isn't it crazy how quickly the first year flies by?

    That is awesome that you're working on a no spend month. I'd love to do something like that but I don't think my husband would go for it. I'll have to work on him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a Thai burger--that would really change up the usual routine of burgers. Happy bday to him! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thai burgers? Yes please! We need to do more grilling out! Way to go on the no-spend month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been totally captivated by the olympics! I love it, but will be glad when it's over because at this point all I do in the evenings is sit in front of the tv and watch haha
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can justify anything when i am shopping haha so i stay out of target in general, or away from pretty nail polishes, when i am trying to be good. sucks that the recipe wasn't great, i hate when that happens. i am super picky about my veggies and what goes with what, so i get that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No spend months are hard-but also really can make you realize how much you spend that isn't necessary! And happy birthday to your godson- my guy is Jackson Thomas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww happy birthday to that sweet little face! And yesssssss to all the Olympics! I feel like it was all swimming, and now it's all track and field. But I love it all <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to Jackson!! He is so handsome!

    I'm so excited because I just joined a gym right by work and I'm planning on using the elliptical and treadmill on my lunch breaks to get in my cardio. I do my strength training at home in the evening while I watch TV, but I struggle to find time to do cardio... especially during the summer when it's a billion degrees outside!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have you tried the gel line yet?! It's worked so good for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those shoes are awesome! And I can't stop watching the Olympcs either. I am always so sad when they are over. The winter Olympics just don't quite do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So I just bought the Essie gel top coat and used it Monday and I'm sad to say my nails are already chipping! :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving those shoes! Happy birthday to your nephew! Such a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Major props for sticking to your no-spend month!! That's super super hard to do! I hope you do another post or two about it because I love to hear a summery of how it all went!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sucks that the recipe didn't work out. I hate when that happens. But the Thai burgers sound like heaven!!! Your nephew is so cute. Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete