Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend flew by!  

It started off on the right foot with margs and Mexican.  Always a good idea!


I did my grocery shopping early Saturday - I think I found the best time to go!  It was relatively empty and I had no wait at the check out.  That hardly ever happens!  I decided to stock up and made a few freezer to crock pot meals when I got home.  It was the perfect day for the pool, warm but with a breeze.  I could have sat out there all afternoon, but I was scared about getting burnt.  I also made another library trip to stock up on some books.  Books review posts will definitely be in the near future.



I hit the gym first thing Sunday, then caught up on laundry and did some meal prepping for the week.  Of course, the Olympics were on in the background pretty much all day.  Gymnastics is by far my favorite, although swimming is definitely up there, too, so it was nice to see both of those.  I made it to the movies to see Jason Bourne.  It was pretty good!  I honestly don't remember the other movies that well, but I thought this was pretty much in line with them.  They even seemed to leave it open to other movies in the future, which I was surprised by.  

Back to work - this week is going to be a busy one with a few different meetings, but I am hoping to take off Friday, so fingers crossed it turns into a short week!

Linking up with Biana.  
   

19 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about the bourne movie - not bad but not amazing!! Sounds like you had a productive and great weekend! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazed at your crockpot meal prep--I should do that.....or have someone do it for me haha! And are you reading See Me by Nicholas Sparks? It's a good one! Here's to hoping you get to take off Friday! I don't see me taking off of work anytime soon since I'm just now getting back to work haha! Have a great Monday!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early weekend shopping is the best-no one in your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a crock pot this weekend and am so excited to use it!! What is your favorite place to get crock pot meals? I've looked on Pinterest obviously but wanted to see if there was anywhere else! I really need to start using my library card more. It would save me so much money! lol

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited about finally having a kitchen again and getting things going with my crockpot. Making some freezer meals is definitely on my list of things to do soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all the gymnastics at the Olympics! And isn't getting grocery shopping done early and out of the way the best feeling? I love how there are less crowds too! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can definitely never go wrong with Mex and margs on a Friday. Sounds like you had a great weekend! We watched a lot of Olympics this weekend, too. I was so mad that I missed the women's gymnastics last night, though!! I'll definitely have to catch the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed that you get off on Friday as well! Your weekend sounds absolutely perfect! Mexican food is one of my food groups, so that sounds like a perfect Friday night to me, and hooray for all the meal prepping too! Hopefully this week isn't too chaotic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any weekend that starts with Mexican is sure to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fab weekend to me! (Especially kicking it off with margs and Mexican!) Have you done a post on your crock freezer meals? I want to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh freezer to crock pot meals, fun! i am always trying to make more freezer meals, they are so convenient. and yes please to book review posts!! not sure if you know/follow Steph or Jana but their link up is the 2nd tuesday of every month - tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Freezer to crock pot meals are the best! I love going to the grocery store early on Saturday, it's always empty! Happy Monday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a relaxing weekend! Love crock pot meals! We are having one tonight!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those crockpot freezer meals are a great idea. I'll have to look up some recipes. I need to get my butt to the pool to get some tanning for my pale skin while the summer is still here but some days are almost 100 degrees which is pretty unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've pinned so many freezer to crockpot bag meals but have never made any! You just inspired me to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any weekend that starts off with Mexican (or has it at some point in the middle) is a-okay with me! Love the crock pot prep! I feel like I should do that once the school year starts since it just makes things that much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you had a better grocery shopping experience this weekend! I'm so inspired by all of your food prep! I definitely need to start doing more of that to help stay on track with not eating junk or eating out too often. My husband loves the Bourne movies, so we're hoping to go see it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like such a good weekend! I love making freezer meals and having those ready for later. Definitely a productive and relaxing weekend all in one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love doing freezer crock pot preps! it saves so much time.

    ReplyDelete