Monday, August 29, 2016

Weekend Recap

Another Monday, another start to the week!

This past weekend ended up being pretty low key.  

If you follow me on instagram (emilyanndunham), you saw how my Friday night started - with a yummy cheese spread.  I added some veggies, hummus and olives to my normal mix and it was so good!  I love having all that stuff cut up, too, for some snacking throughout the weekend.

I headed over to my best friend's house for a little catch up Saturday afternoon.  I kept her company while she meal prepped, and attempted to entertain her little baby, too.  By the end of our visit, I think I finally figured out how to keep him happy.  It was definitely a learning experience.  

Finishing my closet clean out was on my to do list this weekend, so I tackled that on Sunday.  I was able to fill another bag of things to go, which always feel like an accomplishment.  I also did a little experimenting in the kitchen with enchiladas.  I just threw together what I already had at home - hopefully they turn out!  If they do, I will definitely share the recipe.

This is a short week for me, because I am taking off Friday, so hopefully it will seem as short as it is!  Happy Monday!

Image result for monday motivation

via 

Linking up with Biana.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive and fun weekend! I love a good lost clean out. I could probably do another one, myself--maybe you just inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing a whole lot of closet cleaning out LOL!! So fun that you were able to see your friend this weekend - I'm sure she really appreciated the help with the baby! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love low key weekends when I get things accomplished too! I hope the enchiladas turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A low key but productive weekend is always a winner! And yay for a short week followed up by a long weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a nice, productive weekend! A cheese spread sounds amazing right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cheese spread sounds DELISH! And YESSSS to the long weekend :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a good weekend. Nothing like a good closet cleaning, that is something I totally need to do. Yay for short weeks and long weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the quiet weekends are really the best! I did a closet cleanout a few weeks ago, and I dreaded it, but I'm so glad I did it after all...it's so much cleaner now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to cheese spreads and hummus!! I did a closet clean too this weekend, felt sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you got a lot done this weekend! I know you're excited to finally have your closet done. You can check that off of your monthly goals! I hope you have a great short week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with your long weekend! they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cleaned my closet out a few weeks ago and it was such a weight lifted off my shoulders!! I also made enchiladas last week for dinner and they were amazing. I haven't made them in so long, I totally forgot about them! Happy short week!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cheese spread looked so delicious! I'm still dragging my feet on my closet clean out...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Off Friday again?!?! I am so jealous!! haha I love a good cheese spread and yours looked really good this weekend! I hope your day was great!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for having a short week, especially since next weekend is Labor Day weekend! And any weekend that starts off with a cheese tray is going to be perfect in my opinion, plus it sounds like you got a lot of stuff done this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a nice, productive weekend. That cheese spread sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete