Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Thai Burgers

I got a text from my best friend a week or two ago, with a picture of a recipe followed by "you will love".  The recipe was for Thai burgers, and after looking at the ingredients, I knew I had to give them a try.  They did not disappoint!  Her suggestion was to serve them on take and bake rolls, but I went with a side of quinoa instead, because honestly I didn't see her text with that suggestion until later and I usually eat my burgers sans buns when at home anyways.  I can only imagine how good they taste on those rolls, though!


Thai Burgers
1.25 lb ground turkey (93% lean)
1 lb ground pork
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1 tsp lime zest
3 tsp (or more) chili garlic sauce
dash of salt

Combine all ingredients and form patties.  Grill 7 minutes on each side.  Enjoy!

I would suggest adding more chili garlic sauce than the three teaspoons for an extra boost in the flavor. 

These burgers are super yummy.  Such a clever twist on a burger!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

12 comments:

  1. These sound like they are packed with flavor! Definitely going to have to try! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These sound really good! I would have never thought to mix meats in a burger but I bet it helped with flavoring!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so yummy and healthy! And I'm with you, I'd definitely add more chili garlic sauce! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful! You know I always love a new recipes that use ground turkey! I needed some more recipes for the upcoming weeks so I'm gonna add these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, these sound awesome! Were they spicy at all? Jacob won't eat anything remotely hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhhh just YES to these! They sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I'm a big fan of Asian flavors, so I think that I would love these burgers! I love how you served them with quinoa for a healthier plate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look easy, delicious and would be a fun twist on boring burgers. Thanks for sharing. I bet my hubby will love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look amaaaazing! I don't think they sell plain ground pork here (it only comes mixed with beef) so I might have to make them just a turkey burgers. I bet they'll still be good that way though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound super yummy. I love the idea of using turkey in it too.

    ReplyDelete