Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My "Adult" School Supplies

One of my favorite things about going back to school was shopping for school supplies.  I loved picking out different notebooks, pens, folders...the list could go on.  Going into high school, we got a planner to use every year to write our assignments in.  Same for college.  I lived by those planners and loved staying organized with them. 


I went a few years without having an actual planner, and just had a very small calendar in my purse.  Once I started reading blogs, it seemed that everyone used a planner and I realized that I really wanted to get one myself!  I wanted to be better organized and having a planner seemed like it would do the trick.  Since there are so many options out there, I did a little research and finally decided to go with the Emily Ley Simplified Planner for 2016.  I love the clean look of the planner, and the style of the pages.  To keep myself really organized, I knew wanted to color code everything, but wasn't sure if I should use colored pens, stickers, or highlighters.  Biana posted about these erasable pens and I knew they would be the perfect thing to use in conjunction with my planner.  I love the color options, as well as the fact that they are erasable!  Both these purchases reminded me of how I felt going back to school and getting so excited for new supplies.  Big paper clips and binder clips round out my "adult school supplies," as I use those section pages in my planner.



With everyone going back to school, it has me looking forward to ordering a new planner for next year.  I can't decide if I want to stick with the daily page view, or if I want to go with the weekly - any suggestions?

What are you favorite "adult school supplies"?


Linking up with Laura.  
   

13 comments:

  1. I cannot get by without my planner! I try to explain that to my students :) My school required all students to buy a student planner so I make sure they use them everyday. I'm sure some of them hate me for that haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove my planner! (and too funny, my post today is on planners too!) I just cannot bring myself to keep everything in my phone, I love writing things down on paper. It helps so much now that my son is in grade school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the Emily Ley weekly planner this year and I absolutely love it! I'm a sucker for anything white & gold so I couldn't pass up the sale a few weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my planner!! I used Erin Condren for years and then halfway through this year decided it wasn't working for me anymore. I found an awesome sugar paper one at Target that had a lot more list making room which was exactly what I needed (and it was a lot cheaper too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love supplies too. I had an Erin Condren and couldn't justify spending the $ again the next year, so I got a Vera Bradley one and again it was cute, but just ok as planners go...I'll have to look at the Emily Ley one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl YESSSSSS!!! August always gets my creative juices flowing--a new start despite having no new semester or purpose. I had a simplified planner last year and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping for school supplies was always my favorite too! I was so OCD about matching notebooks and folders haha! I will have to check out Emily Ley's planner. I'm still going back and forth deciding which one to get. I've always wanted an Erin Condren planner, but the price is just outrageous!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you love your Simplified Planner as much as I do. I can't live without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE my Erin Condren planner... I can't function without it. I love my weekly view because I like to have everything for the week laid out in front of me. I wanted to try a daily view because it has more space for each day, but I'm just worried that it might cause me to forget things since I won't be looking ahead as much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shopping for school supplies is the best- even when you're not going back to school. I love those pens and have been wanting to get some more in other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i bought those pens when Biana posted about them as well. I have gotten all the girls at work hooked on them haha. i will never go back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adult school supplies are my very favorite!! I love buying new pens, note pads, sticky notes and my husband gives me a new planner every year for Christmas. I tease and say it's my favorite Christmas gift, but really I LOVE keeping things organized all year in my planner. Hope you enjoy yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should totally do a review of this planner - I'm a planner fanatic, ask my husband - LOL. He gets so mad at me because I switch between like 3 every year. I just can't help it! haha.
    Although now I use my phone a lot because it actually alerts me, and for me realistically, that helps most. haha.
    I'm glad I came across your blog today! I'm excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete