Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Favorites: Football Edition

TGIF!  This Friday is even sweeter for me, as I have the day off.  Today's favorites are going to be a bit different, because Erin (Love, Fun and Football) is hosting her annual Football link up in preparation of football season!  No sooner did she make the announcement, did I just happen to see a bunch of football party ideas pop up on Pinterest.  With the Rams leaving St. Louis and going to a college with no official football team, I am not real sure who I am going to be rooting for this year.  However, I still love the idea of having a football watching party with friends.  I found a bunch of super cute decoration ideas on Pinterest - now I am itching to have a party!  Below are a few of my favorites.


Cute & simple way to serve snacks at a football party:


Game Time Football Themed Birthday Party + Free Printables via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com Cake, recipes, printables, banners, desserts, favors, games and more! #homebowlherocontest #homebowlhero:


DIY Football Party Astroturf Yardline Bunting // Superbowl Party Decor Idea:


Super Bowl Football Party: loe use of the easter grass and little trophy cups for nuts:


Make sure guests don’t forget to hydrate by providing a big cooler of water decorated with a stenciled “water break” sign.:


How cute are all those decorations?  Most of them seem so simple, too!  For tailgating, I highly suggestion checking out both Chesson (Magnolia & Main) and Christina's (Christina Lea Loves) blogs.  During college football season, those girls have the best tailgates.  Since I have never gone tailgating before, it's super fun to read their posts and experience it through them.  Maybe this year I will find myself a new team and do a little tailgating myself.  For a yummy football (or anytime) dip, last year during Erin's link up, I shared my favorite nacho dip -  you can see that here.




Hope you all have the best weekend!


Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.    

23 comments:

  1. First, I'm jealous you're off work today. I'm dreaming of our first school holiday haha! And my favorite decoration is the first one--those little football bags look like they would be the easiest thing ever! And I miss tailgating!!! My friends and I tailgated on the quad every home game and it was always so much fun! It was always amazing to walk around too and see what people had in their tents--I'm talking 60" flatscreen with satellite dishes! The best college tailgate (in the South) are the Ole Miss fans--they get really fancy! Like using China in their tents!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute ideas for the start of football season! Love the bags with duct tape, such a simple but cute idea! Enjoy your day off and the weekend!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah enjoy your day off from work today!! I love college football season - we have a gator bar here in Boston and it's always fun to go and cheer on the team while being pretty far away! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for some college football! I can't wait to get my friends together and cheer on the Dawgs. Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your day off! Girl, these football party themed snacks have me so excited for get togethers! I LOVE the mini chip bags! So cute!! I can't imagine my Bengals leaving our city...it would honestly devastate me! You could pick them up as your new team? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all so cute! I can't wait for football season. Enjoy your day off today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these decorations!! My husband and I are currently buying our first home and can't wait to host a college football watch party in the fall. I will definitely use some of these ideas. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! I am prepping for a football season-opening party right now and this is all so helpful! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of those items. Love football so much so these will definitely be used in the near future. Have a great weekend and enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot even tell you how happy this post makes me!!!! I'm ECSTATIC about football starting up!! I'm so excited for heading to Athens and tailgating and cheering on our Dawgs this year!!!! We don't tailgate as hard as we used to, but man, we used to have some elaborate set ups! So much fun! There's nothing like Saturday in Athens!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! Thank you so much for linking up! :) There is nothing I love more than throwing a good football get together/party haha- I will definitely have to check out these pins. I love the little brown paper bags, how simple yet adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are the cutest ideas! I love themed decor like this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for football season to get here! I was never really into professional football until I started playing fantasy football. That might be a fun way to get into watching some other teams throughout the season. I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for doing a little tailgating this year - it's a lot of fun! Thanks for the shout out :) Glad you enjoy experiencing our tailgating/game day experiences through my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been loving your football pins! :) Can't wait for the season to start. If you're looking for a team to root for, I would have to suggest Michigan. ;) haha Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of those pins!! I'd love to make that yard line bunting, the football chip bags and I love the idea of having a tailgate food table set up. I'm so excited for football season! We are big Notre Dame and Colts fans. Hope you find a fun team you can root for with friends this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute! We're not a big football family (my husband is all about baseball) but I love these ideas! Super fun.
    Blessed Messes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of these ideas, I've always wanted to host a football themed party! Oh, and you can root for the Chicago Bears :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited for football season! Shameless plug: I just did a post about what to wear this season!

    Love these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are the cutest ideas! We aren't football fans (can you even imagine?!? husband is totally not American!), but I think all of these would translate for a super festive soccer party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! I am so excited for college football to start! I love the grass banner!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love some college football! Be sure to join us at Spiel the Beans on the 30th to link up and share you you're rootin' for!

    ReplyDelete