Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday Favorites 8.5.16

It's Friday!  Sometimes I struggle coming up with my Friday Favorites, but this week they were pretty much no-brainers.  Love when that works out!

1.  Meeting baby Louis!  My best friend had a baby and I got to see them both this week!  I took half a day on Tuesday to go visit them around lunch time.  It was so fun seeing them both!  He is super precious and let me hold him while we caught up.  I love seeing my friends turn into moms - it's just such a special thing to witness.  

2.  I got a library card!  I have been talking about getting a card since I moved - about 2 1/2 years ago!  By the time I was ready to take action, the library was undergoing a renovation.  They finally reopened last week, so I put it on my list to do this week and stopped by and got a card! 


3.  One thing I want to do is start organizing my Pinterest boards better.  I have been on a huge Pinterest kick lately, but I want to make things easier to find - namely recipes.  I created a Freezer Meals board, as well as a Crockpot Meals board this week and have gone through all my recipes pins and put them in the appropriate spots.  I am really excited to have them grouped accordingly and am looking forward to going through them more closely to find some new recipes.  I don't use my crockpot enough and I am hoping to remedy that!

4.  Weeknight dinner out.  It is rare for me to go out to dinner during the week, but last night my monthly Provident meeting turned into an opportunity to have a little dinner date downtown.  While I do tend to thrive on routine during the week, it's definitely fun to change things up time to time.

5.  Both my boss and my co-worker are gone today, leaving me as the only person actually in the office from our group.  I am looking forward to a somewhat easy day, assuming nothing will pop up.  Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx myself!

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.  


19 comments:

  1. Getting a library card has been on my list for months - need a way to read more books but on the cheap!! Happy Friday! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to organize your Pinterest every once in a while? And girl, once school starts back we live off of crockpot meals for a while until I get settled into a routine haha! I will have to go check your board out to see if there are any pins I need! And I hope you have a very easy day today--you deserve it!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library cards are awesome!! It's been a while since I've picked some books up from my library (I had a few of my own to read) but I'm always glad to have it. Plus, it's so much cheaper than buying the books and I love that!

    Here's to great reads from the library!

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to organize my Pinterest boards too. I hate when I pin something then can find it again! Hoping you have a nice quiet day! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crockpot meals and weeknight dinners out are the BEST! Enjoy your quiet day at the office today and Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I renewed my library card back in May and it has been SO MUCH FUN!!! I have read so many books and rented movies for free haha
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go to the library every other week!! It's our favorite place =0) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to organizing Pinterest boards! It feels like spring cleaning-I have so many go-to recipes that I have saved and t helps so much to not have to search for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh I haven't organized my pinterest boards in YEARS!! That's probably something I should add to my never-ending to-do list. Yay for your bestie having her baby! Have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to do the same thing with my pins... when I started my Pinterest account years ago I just lumped all of my food and drinks into one board and now I'm regretting it because I can't find anything! I really want to go back and separate them but it sounds like SUCH a daunting task. And I can't believe that I totally haven't been following you on there... I finally just did! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get myself a library card so I can rent books from it. It is the best way to read books quickly and not spend so much on kindle books. I need to clean up my Pinterest boards too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to go and create a few new boards on Pinterest as well because I felt totally unorganized! Hooray for being the only one in the office today! I hope you have an easy Friday and that nothing pops up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    www.irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Library card is something I have been meaning to do too! I work at City Hall and it literally had a crosswalk to the library and I STILL haven't done it. :/ yay for quiet office days, new babies and crockpot dinners. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got a library card a few weeks ago and it has made me so, so happy!! You'll have to post about good books you read!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My pinterest is a mess as well.. somethings need to be organized a little better... but on the other hand I get so excited pinning sometimes ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doesn't it feel so good to get your Pinterest boards all cleaned up? I love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A library card is one thing I don't think I could live without! It sounds so cheesy but it has enriched my life so much! haha

    ReplyDelete