1. New glasses. I had an eye appointment this week and have been needing new glasses. I decided to bite the bullet and get a new pair. Lots of money later - why are glasses sooooo expensive?! - I have a new pair coming my way! It's been much needed, because the prescription of my current pair is out of date. It was hard choosing - there were seriously so many options - but I think I found a good pair and can't wait to get them. They are much lighter than my old ones, which will be really nice, not to mention the lenses will be right so I can see perfectly.
2. Next week is the start of September which means two things to me right now - 1) fall and 2) the end of my no spend month! You better believe I have been keeping track of a few key items that have caught my eye this month and plan on making a few purchases once the new month starts.
3. This past week I took a little time one day to get my papers at work organized. I had a bunch of thing stuffed into a little drawer that are now in the appropriate folders. I also had time to clear out my work email a bit, too. Still not down to being able to see everything on one screen, but it's a whole lot closer than it was!
4. Yesterday I didn't want to go to the gym. I had to do a few things after work and by the time I got home, I just wanted to stay home. I had printed off this at home workout awhile ago and decided to give it a go. By the end of it I was sweating and out of breath! This will definitely be my go-to on those days where I don't want to head to the gym, but still want to get in a quick workout.
5. Grandpa's pennies. My grandpa passed away 4 years ago this past Sunday. He was such a wonderful man and is very much missed. After his death, each member of our family began finding pennies in the most random places. They became our "sign" for him. Us finding pennies was his way of letting us know that he was still there. This past weekend at my nephew's birthday party, Jack was opening presents when my sister-in-law found a penny in the pile of presents. No one put it there, it was just there. We got a rental car for the trip to Indy and guess what...there was a penny right when you opened the door next to the passenger eat. The other day I was at the gym, and right in front of my machine was a penny. I think he knew I needed it at the gym, as it was a hard day back after missing quite a bit the week before. So to my grandpa - thank you for the pennies. You always seem to know when we need to little sign.
Linking up with Andrea, April, Katie and Amanda.