Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday Favorites 8.26.16

Happy Friday!  For some reason Thursday felt a lot like Friday, so this week has been all sorts of confused for me.  I am really glad it is actually Friday today!

1.  New glasses.  I had an eye appointment this week and have been needing new glasses.  I decided to bite the bullet and get a new pair.  Lots of money later - why are glasses sooooo expensive?! - I have a new pair coming my way!  It's been much needed, because the prescription of my current pair is out of date.  It was hard choosing - there were seriously so many options - but I think I found a good pair and can't wait to get them.  They are much lighter than my old ones, which will be really nice, not to mention the lenses will be right so I can see perfectly.

2.  Next week is the start of September which means two things to me right now - 1) fall and 2) the end of my no spend month!  You better believe I have been keeping track of a few key items that have caught my eye this month and plan on making a few purchases once the new month starts. 

3.  This past week I took a little time one day to get my papers at work organized.  I had a bunch of thing stuffed into a little drawer that are now in the appropriate folders.  I also had time to clear out my work email a bit, too.  Still not down to being able to see everything on one screen, but it's a whole lot closer than it was!

4.  Yesterday I didn't want to go to the gym.  I had to do a few things after work and by the time I got home, I just wanted to stay home.  I had printed off this at home workout awhile ago and decided to give it a go.  By the end of it I was sweating and out of breath!  This will definitely be my go-to on those days where I don't want to head to the gym, but still want to get in a quick workout.


Full body workout at home that you can do with only a set of light weights:    

5.  Grandpa's pennies.  My grandpa passed away 4 years ago this past Sunday.  He was such a wonderful man and is very much missed.  After his death, each member of our family began finding pennies in the most random places.  They became our "sign" for him.  Us finding pennies was his way of letting us know that he was still there.  This past weekend at my nephew's birthday party, Jack was opening presents when my sister-in-law found a penny in the pile of presents.  No one put it there, it was just there.  We got a rental car for the trip to Indy and guess what...there was a penny right when you opened the door next to the passenger eat.  The other day I was at the gym, and right in front of my machine was a penny.  I think he knew I needed it at the gym, as it was a hard day back after missing quite a bit the week before.  So to my grandpa - thank you for the pennies.  You always seem to know when we need to little sign. 

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.    

23 comments:

  1. That is so sweet about your Grandpa & the pennies! I just got the chills!! I looove finding new, full body workouts to do at home so thanks for sharing this one! Saving it for later. Have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the glasses! Why are they so expensive?! My prescription changes pretty much every year and sometimes I can tough it out for two years. I really hate it when I only want to replace my lenses and they tell me it's not possible--I have a feeling it is and they just don't want to. Can't wait to see what you've chosen! And I can't wait for September!!!!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pennies from heaven sweet girl, what a precious sign. Love that workout, nice mix up!! Have a fabulous weekend lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little signs like that to show the person you're missing is there :) With my Grandma it's butterflies.

    I'll have to print that workout sheet off and use it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that workout looks tough! I've been trying to find an at-home circuit I like, so I'll definitely have to try this one. I finally gave up on glasses with kids though, and I settled for contacts. But seriously…sight is expensive haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pennies from your grandpa story. That is so amazing. He is always with you. I totally agree with you about glasses. It makes me batty how expensive it is. I actually got glasses at Warby Parker and love them. Every pair is $100 and that includes lens. I don't know if you have a store near you. There is one close to my office that I go to. You can buy them online but that scares me. lol. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on sticking to your no spend month!!! I am with you on glasses-my prescription is literally 7 or 8 years out of date because I only wear them before and after bed. So hard to fork over for a new pair, but so easy to drop $100 on new clothes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At home workouts are my favorite! And yay for new glasses, but I hear ya gurlie on how expensive they are especially when buying from the eye doctor. We've had great experiences with Firmoo and Coastal, and were able to purchase stylish yet affordable pairs. Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh the penny story is amazing. What a neat way of feeling him close! And glasses are so pricey! The last time I got a pair (after 11 years) I ordered from glasses.com (and ordered my husband's from coastal.com) - I loved the glasses.com experience. They even upgraded my husband's for free!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I love the pennies story. That is so special and sweet. And so crazy that there was one just laying in Jack's pile of presents!! I bet it really was your grandpa telling you guys that he was right there with you and that he wasn't going to miss the party.

    And congratulations on your no spend month! That is awesome! I really need to do one of those one month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that penny story. Seriously so awesome. Love that they were in the pile of presents. He is watching you guys. Congrats on no spending. I need to do that. I can't wait to see your new glasses and what you plan on buying in September! HAve a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for new glasses!! I'm running low on contacts and need to find an eye doctor ASAP. I am always curious to see if my prescription has changed. I loved your penny story. I always look for pennies because my mom loves picking them up. Pennies remind me of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad we're both looking ahead to September 1st waiting to shop! Hahaha. I know of you, me, and another blogger all doing shopping bans this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you think of your grandpa every time you find a penny. That's so sweet. And hurray for no spend month being over!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so sweet about the pennies and your grandpa, I love it!

    I'm so excited for Sept... that means I can decorate for fall, even though it's been so hot here in southern CA! Ha

    Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a sweet & sentimental thing to find your Grandpa's pennies and it's incredible it continues to happen with birthday parties and such. I need to try that at-home workout this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on the no spend month! that's awesome. i am on a longer shopping ban but i am allowing myself to shop in september because my mum is coming and shopping is our favourite past time lol. that workout looks legit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that workout!!! I have to try it tomorrow!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Getting email cleaned out is such a nice feeling! That is so sweet about your Grandpa! How nice to find little signs that he is always with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great reminder of your grandpa. I have a similar reminder of my grandma. She always wore a particular scent of perfume. Every once in a while, I smell it and always think of her!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the story about the pennies! So sweet. My mom always said that the sign my Poppop sent was hearts. She is a teacher and he'd given her a printer for her classroom before he died, and once in a while she would come into her classroom in the morning and there would be a piece of paper in the printer with a heart on it...of course on the days she needed it most! Stories like that give me chills! Hope you had a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to work on getting papers organized too! We're really bad about just stuffing papers everywhere and never getting them organized. I'd be so much better if it was electronic, although my emails need to be cleaned out too!

    ReplyDelete