Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Favorites 8.12.16

TGIF!  So happy that Friday is here.  A few days this week were just doozies!  That leads me to my first favorite...

1.  Not having to set an alarm!  This is always a favorite and has made the blog more than once, but it is true again for this Friday.  To top off some long days at work and staying up late to watch the Olympics, I haven't been sleeping very well.  Not sure why, but it has been no fun and I am glad that come tomorrow morning, I can just wake up in my own time!

2.  The Olympics!  Gymnastics has always been my favorite, but swimming may be my new favorite.  Katie Ledecky and Michael Phelps are the best to watch.  I always get so nervous watching them, though, even if the race isn't all that close!  I cannot imagine being a competitor or having a loved one in the Olympics.  I could not handle the pressure!

3.  The Rooster Crawl is finally here.  I am super excited for this bar crawl.  It's for such a great cause, and let's be real, who doesn't love a little day drinking? 

4.  Chocolate muffins.  They have the best chocolate muffins at work.  So moist and gooey throughout, but they have like almost a crust on the top.  I had a meeting yesterday morning that provided those and other breakfast items and it was such a sweet treat!

5.  Instagram stories.  Instagram is definitely my favorite social media outlet and while I haven't posted one, I really, really enjoy watching others' stories.  I hope more people start using it!


via 

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.     

19 comments:

  1. I'm with you on not setting an alarm tomorrow! I'm ready to sleep in ha! And swimming has been my favorite as of right now and I can't wait until track and field starts. I get really nervous while they are swimming too and sometimes I find myself holding my breath haha! So crazy, I know! Happy Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gymnastics too! Ice really been enjoying the Olympics this year way more than in the past. And yes about insta stories! I'm loving watching them too!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are loving the Olympics, too! I could watch womens gymnastics all day!! So much fun! Have a great weekend, and enjoy not setting your alarm tomorrow, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed up late to watch Simone get the gold and my goodness, all the swimmers are so inspiring..love them all! I hope this weekend treats you right beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to not having to set an alarm! Although it'd be really nice if my internal alarm clock had an off button too! And the Rooster Crawl sounds so fun! Day drinking is the best! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not setting an alarm is the best - we didn't set an alarm all of last week and it was such a harsh reality when we got back from vacation and had to start setting it again. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insta stories are definitely a lot of fun to watch. And I've been loving the swimming events too- I get so anxious watching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiness is definitely not having to set the alarm! And yessss to day drinking - my fav! Enjoy the bar crawl!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo to no alarm! Although I still have to set one because we're leaving for vacation! I think that bar crawl sounds so cool! And such a great cause. (I also like Instagram stories!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still can't get into Insta stories and I don't know why. I love my snapchat stories and it is seriously social media overload at times. I haven't been on a bar car since college and it sounds like so much fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of can't get over how insanely into watching Michael Phelps that we've been! He's seriously captivating to watch! I love love love snapchat, but I need to figure out these IG stories. I just open my IG and can't seem to figure it out. I'm gonna open up a new browser in a minute to see if I can read up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. not setting an alarm is seriously the best. i always wake up feeling so refreshed, even if i don't sleep in. not gonna lie, i can't be bothered with instagram stories lol. i quite like snapchat and don't have the energy or desire to add another social media thingy. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo for not having to set an alarm! That's definitely the best part about the weekends, especially if you've been working a lot! I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I'm craving a chocolate muffin ;) Happy Friday!

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phelps is almost not human. It's amazing what he's been able to accomplish.

    http://ashortblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Maryland heart is so happy watching the Olympics this year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think my favorite part about the weekend is not having to set an alarm! The Rooster crawl sounds super fun too...hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete