Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Beef & Black Bean Enchiladas

I love Mexican food.  I could eat it all the time.  Enchiladas is one of my favorite Mexican dishes to make at home, and I love having them as leftovers, too.  I have a couple of different versions I make, but on Sunday, I realized I didn't have all the ingredients for any of the recipes I already had.  I realllly did not want to run out to the store, so I just went with it and came up with a dish that I thought was super tasty!




Beef & Black Bean Enchiladas
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 can enchilada sauce
tortillas, soft taco size


In a small pot, bring your black beans and chicken broth to a boil.  Once that is boiling, add in your cumin, chili powder and minced garlic.  Simmer, uncovered, on low for 30 minutes.  While the beans are simmering, brown your ground beef, draining the grease once it is done.  Add ground beef and taco seasoning to the beans, simmering on low for 5 minutes.  Preheat your oven to 375, and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of your shredded cheese with the beef and bean mixture.  Spoon mixture on your tortillas, roll up and place seam side down in the 9x13 pan.  Once the pan is full, pour the enchilada sauce over all the tortillas.  Top with remaining cup of cheese.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Let rest for 5 minutes, then enjoy!


I topped mine with a little sour cream, and I think tomatoes, avocados and even a bit of lettuce would be delicious add-ins.  I can't wait to make these again!


Linking up with Mary and Laura.  


     

16 comments:

  1. Oooh avocados would be so good with this! I've never mad enchiladas like this so I'll have to try it sometime! Don't you love just throwing meals together and feeling like a superstar when they turn out?! haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love anything Mexican. We eat it multiple times a week. Adding this recipe to my list! I love topping with fresh avocado but always forget at the last minute to pull it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can eat Mexican every day too, it's my fave! These look so good, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man this looks so good!! Marking this to be one of the first things I make next week in the new place! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, I have EVERYTHING on hand except for the enchilada sauce! As soon as I saw this post title I started thinking about how yummy they would be for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll find the motivation to run out the store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh yum! I haven't made enchiladas in so long! I think I usually just use the canned sauce without any other seasonings, so I bet this gives such great flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks SO good! I could eat Mexican food every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious! Doing homemade enchiladas is one of our favorite meals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound amazing! Mex is one of my faves to eat as well, and I pretty much always get enchiladas when we go out. B's mom has an enchilada recipe that is SO GOOD, but it is so much work. This version sounds way easier and really good. I'll definitely be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Looks so good. And now I want Mexican food for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My default is to always make chicken enchiladas but these sound so good and I am sure my husband wouldn't mind a change. I could eat mexican food every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have never made enchiladas but i love black beans so i might give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks SO GOOD! I'm also a huge Mexican food lover. My husband is 100% Mexican and makes some GREAT Mexican food for me from time to time. Enchiladas are probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you, I could eat Mexican food every day! These sound delicious.. I'm a big cumin fan, so I want to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have inexplicably been craving enchiladas this week. These sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I love Mexican food, and I definitely need to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete