Happy August! I am really excited to share my goals for the month, especially because I have already completed one - gotta love starting off on the right foot! However, last month wasn't so hot. Let's take a look.
1. Print updated pictures. Nope. Zero progress on this.
2. Meal plan. So, I reverted back to cereal and milk for some dinners last month when it was so busy. I just had a really off week after I got back from Michigan, and while I did get back on track the last week in July, the month as a whole wasn't great.
3. Read two "real" books. I tried. I brought two books with me to Michigan and started reading one while I was there. It was going well until I left them in my parents beach bag in Michigan. Oops. Since those were the two I really wanted to read, I just went back to my Kindle reading.
4. Use gift cards. I did a little better with this! I used a Loft card I had and I think a few others - probably Panera? I still have some to go, but I am more conscious of what gift cards I do have available if the opportunity to use them arises.
On to August...
1. Get a library card. I live within walking distance to the library, so it is ridiculous that after almost 2 and a half years, I still did not have a library card. Especially with how much I love to read. I wanted to remedy that earlier this year, but the library was under construction. It reopened at the end of July so I told myself now I was finally going to get one. Spoiler alert - I went this past Tuesday and picked up a card and some books. I am SO excited and am already compiling a list of authors to check out for my next trip.
2. Update the recipe page of my blog. I had my fabulous blog designer, Erin, do a few blog updates earlier this year, one which was adding a recipe page so that I could list the recipe names with the links to the posts there. It's been quite awhile since that happened and this page still says "coming soon". I plan on remedying that this month!
3. No spend August. With summer coming to a close, there is no real need to buy any more warm-weather items this season. I thoroughly enjoyed the Nordstrom Sale, (you can see my buys here) so I should be set for the start of fall. With all that in mind, it seems I should have no reason to shop for anything other than necessities!
4. Closet clean-out. I feel like I am always talking about going through my clothes and cleaning out my closet, but I feel like it is a never ending cycle. When I was doing laundry this past weekend, I noticed that my stack of extra hangers was dwindling. Reason enough to me to start going through things to see what I haven't worn in awhile and what I probably won't be wear again.
What types of things do you hope to accomplish this month?
Linking up with Kristen and Annie.