When my girl Sarah @ Meet the Shaneyfelts posted this 16 Questions about Me post, I knew I wanted to partake! As she mentioned, it's always fun to learn more about the person behind the blog! I have done a few different "about me" posts in the past, but I still love doing them, because you never know - answers from a year ago or even a month ago may have changed!
1. Are you named after anyone? My first name, Emily, not really. It's kind of a funny story. My great-grandpa's name was Emil and he had a sister named Emiline. However, my great-grandma wasn't necessarily a fan of her, so when my mom told my great-grandma my name was going to be Emily, she wasn't pleased. My mom said to just think of it as a nod to Emil. Not sure if that was sufficient for Grandma BB, but I happen to love my name. My middle name, Ann, is after my mom - her middle name is Ann, too.
2. When was the last time you cried? Probably Sunday. I was reading Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand and some parts just really got to me. Although, I did watch RHONJ Monday and got a little sad when Melania was talking to Joe about him "going to camp." I used to never cry, but now it happens more and more!
3. Do you have kids? No, but hopefully someday!
4. Will you ever bungee-jump? I truly doubt it. There are times when I think it would be SUCH a neat experience, but that thought lasts only a few seconds til I remember that I am actually kind of scared of heights and thinking of jumping makes my stomach drop.
5. What's your favorite cereal? Right now I go between Special K, Honey Nut Cheerios and Honey Nut Chex. However, I still love my childhood favorites - Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yum!
6. What's the first thing you notice about people? Probably their shoes. Not to be judgmental, but just because I always love seeing what other people wear. Other than that, probably their smile and how friendly they come off.
7. What is your eye color? Blue! My eyes are my favorite feature!
8. Scary movie or happy endings? Definitely happy endings. I actually used to really like scary movies, but then I realized that some of those things can really happen in real life and I get too freaked out now. It's even to the point where if a scary movie commercial comes on TV, I advert my eyes. Which is happening more and more - please tell my why Bravo is advertising scary movies? Does not make sense!
9. Favorite scents? Spring/Summer - Endless Weekend from Bath and Body Works, Fall/Winter - Farmers Market and Pumpkin Spice from Yankee Candle, Mistletoe Kisses from 1803 Candles and Smell of Christmas from Aromatique Candles
10. Summer or winter? Can I choose fall? Because that is my favorite.
11. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? This is the furthest I have lived away from home, but travel-wise either Hawaii or Punta Cana.
12. Do you have any special talents? No! I wish I did!
13. Where were you born? Illinois!
14. What are you hobbies? Reading, cooking, shopping, working out, blogging, and of course, spending time with family and friends.
15. Do you have any pets? No, but I grew up with cats. My parents still have one. She loves my mom, likes my dad, and if I am lucky, when I go home she occasionally will give me a little love, too. Other times she will hiss at me once, then ignore me.
16. Favorite movie? Dirty Dancing!
Thanks for the post idea, Sarah! If anyone is planning on copying these questions and answering them on your own blog make sure to let me know, I'd love to read and see your answers!
Linking up with Annie.