Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 7.27.16



I feel like I always think this, but I find it so hard to believe it's already the last Wednesday of the month!  I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...I actually posted "What's for Dinner?" yesterday.  As far as lunches go, I am still stuck on this Roasted Vegetable Chopped Salad that I have shared a few times already.  Although, I do have to say, it's not quite as good as when my mom made it!  Why is it that some food just tastes better when someone else makes it?

What I'm reminiscing about...slower days at work.  I have such a love/hate relationship with these busier days.  The days go by a lot quicker and I truly enjoy being busy, but sometimes the wear and stress get to me.

What I'm loving...Real Housewives of New Jersey - I am so glad it is back on!

What I've been up to...not a whole lot other than work.  I had a lazy weekend, which was nice, and then this week is just making it through until Friday at 4:00.

What I'm dreading...nothing!

What I'm working on...staying on top of things, whether it be meal planning, picking up at home - just those little types of things.  I function so much better when I am organized, so I am trying to keep up with things, even if all I really want to do is just lay on the couch and relax.

What I'm excited about...4:00 on Friday.  Also, there are some new movies coming out that I am excited to see - Jason Bourne and Bad Moms, to name a few!  The weather has cooled down some, which is an added bonus.  The humidity is still here, but at least the extreme heat index isn't!

What I'm watching...RHONJ, RHOC, Pretty Little Liars and Tyrant.  Does anyone else watch Tyrant?  Last weeks episode was INTENSE, holy cow.  I have also been watching the political conventions.  I think both have had some very good speakers, regardless as to what side you fall on.

What I'm listening to...I really haven't been listening to much music.  More just TV shows in the background - see above!

What I'm wearing...I have been getting lots of use out of these Loft purchases I blogged about awhile ago.  I cannot say enough good things about those pants.  They are so comfortable!

What I'm doing this weekend...I am hoping for some time at the pool, and maybe dinner and a movie.  It will be another low-key weekend, which sounds very nice right now!

What I'm looking forward to next month...my nephew is turning one!!!  I am so excited to head to my brother's for Jack's first birthday party.  It's amazing to think that it has almost been one year since he was born.  He's brought so much joy to my family's life - couldn't ask for a sweeter little boy!  Not only do I have that, but we rescheduled our Rooster Bar Crawl for August 13th.  I am really looking forward to an afternoon of fun, while supporting a great cause.

What else is new...that pretty much covers it.  
 

10 comments:

  1. I had that really busy day at work yesterday and I was hoping for it to slow down, but like you said the day flies by when it's busy! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the new Bourne movie, Matt Damon as Bourne is the only way I'll watch the series. So glad he came back. And RHONJ, can you believe Teresa is back? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks DELISH! And yessss to RHONJ and Tyrant being back. I am still floored by last week's episode of Tyrant, and am holding out hope!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see both of those movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm...bar crawl for charity? Sign me up! I'm glad you reminded me about the Bourne movie...that would make a fun date night for our anniversary! Hope you are having a super week.

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I said the very same thing for my opening paragraph... it's crazy how we're already doing a What's Up Wed because it feels like we just did one! Time really flies, and these once a month blog posts really highlight that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be copying you on that dinner fo' sho'! I'm waiting for RHOD to come back - I haven't gotten into any others. I'm also looking forward to maybe snagging a date night to see bad moms! Have a great rest of the week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The busy days at work definitely get stressful, but I'm like you and love how quickly they pass! I seriously can't get enough Real Housewives! NJ is so good, and I love watching Melbourne because I can't get enough of their accents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big comedy person usually but bad moms looks like it's going to be really funny! yay for not having anything to dread right now & I was so sad when I realized there wasn't a new episode of PLL last night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to check out this roasted vegetable chopped salad! I'm always searching for new lunch ideas. I'm currently stuck on the quinoa caprese salad!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete