Tuesday, July 26, 2016

What's for Dinner?

Meal planning is something I am always trying to improve on.  Some weeks I do well, others not so much!  This week, however, I feel like I am on top of it, so I thought I would share with you what I am eating for dinner.



With work being on the busy side this week, I wanted to go with something that I could use to make multiple meals.  Enter Andrea's Pulled Pork from Mix and Match Mama.  I knew this would be a win - a crockpot meal that only calls for a total of four ingredients.  You add in the BBQ sauce afterwards, which I really liked, because I don't always like things doused in BBQ sauce.  I served this with rice and a sprinkle of monterey jack cheese - so good.



The main reason I wanted to make the pulled pork was to try out Mix and Match Mama's BBQ Quesadillas.  They sound so good!  I cannot wait to try them out.  I love pickles, so adding them to the quesadilla is right up my alley.  Fingers crossed they taste as good as they sound!


Healthy One Dish Chicken Bake

I know that I will still have leftover pulled pork, even from the two meals, so I decided those would be repeats and I would just add one more meal to the mix.  I searched pinterest and came across this recipe for a Healthy One Dish Chicken Bake.  Who doesn't love a one dish meal - especially those of us that hate washing dishes!  I also think it's great because you can customize what veggies you put in with the chicken, depending on what is in season and what you like.  The theme of the week is easy and this definitely fits the bill.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

That's what I am eating for dinner this week - what about you?

Linking up with LauraJennand Mackensey.    

13 comments:

  1. Yep, you just gave me the best ideas as I was in a "what to fix" rut! I love that you did rice and Monterey jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! I haven't made the bbq pulled pork yet so you'll have to tell me how it turns out! I'm making one of her recipes Friday night and it's one I've made countless times. I love how you can take her recipes and change them to fit you--like I usually try to sub healthier things if she has something fattening.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pulled pork is always sooo good- definitely going to check out that quesadilla recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I've been wanting to try both those recipes from Shay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to get better at this, too! I've got pulled chicken going in the crockpot today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BBQ quesadillas! That's going to be a winner I bet. You'll have to let us know how they all turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One dish bakes are the best! I do some sort of variation on this almost every week with chicken or salmon, and it is so easy to change up the veggies seasonally and use different herbs and spices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I just made a one dish chicken bake last night... mine has rice in it as well and it is DIVINE. I need to share that recipe on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made pulled pork sandwiches the other week because my husband has been begging for them! I did the same thing and used the leftovers to make quesadillas for another night! I will definitely have to check out this recipe next time my husband wants pulled pork, it looks delicious!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I never thought of bbq quesadillas that's such a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. I love pulled pork so these two dishes sound so good. Love one bake dishes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I absolutely LOVE bbq and pickles together, and putting it all together via a quesadilla sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing Shay's recipe! Hope you're having a good week, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good one dish meal! In fact, we make a chicken & veggies one-dish meal nearly every week. So good! :)

    ReplyDelete