Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  Happy Monday!  This past weekend was pretty uneventful for me - just a few things to highlight.

I read a really cute series this weekend.  The books are Party Girl, Sweet Girl, and Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis.  The books are about 3 girls making it in LA.  Each book has a specific character, but they are all related and the stories carry on to the next book.  All were light, easy reads.  I think the first two were my favorite, but the third wasn't too far behind.

I went grocery shopping this weekend, on Saturday.  I am not sure if it because I don't normally shop on Saturday or what, but the grocery store was so bare!  There were lots of empty shelves, lots of empty spots for produce.  I have no idea what was going on, but it was pretty terrible.  Grocery shopping isn't necessarily my favorite, so to walk in, have a hard time finding half the items on my list, and some of them not at all made the trip especially blah.  I just hope this was a one-off thing.  I feel like I finally know where everything is in that store, I sure would hate to have to learn a new one!

I finally made it to the movie theater this weekend.  It feels like it had been so long since I had been to a movie!  I saw Star Trek.  This was my first Star Trek movie, and it was good!  I was pleasantly surprised, because I honestly didn't have high expectations.  Even if you aren't into Star Trek, if you enjoy an action-packed movie, I would recommend going to check it out!

This week is going to be a tough one at work - I am already looking forward to Friday afternoon!  Because I am needing it, here is a little motivation for this Monday.


via 


Linking up with Biana

19 comments:

  1. Hope the week breezes by for you - love that motivation for a monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grocery was in the same state this week! What the heck is going on? I'm glad to hear you liked Rachel Hollis' books! I have heard her talk about them but never knew anyone who actually read them! I might have to try them out! Happy Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's crazy your grocery store was so bare! I usually don't go on Saturday either so I wonder what mine would be like. And hope your week goes by as smoothly as possible! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that motivation! And omg, SAME with my grocery store! It was bizarre..they were out of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books sound like something I would like. Will have to look them up!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will have to check out that book series. Sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same with my grocery store too!! I wonder what got into all of them?! Haha! Hoping for a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Party Girl years ago and loved it - I didn't realize that there were other books that went along with it! Must check those out and get them on my Kindle ASAP. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that movie is really good, but I've never been a fan of Star Trek. Good to know you don't necessarily have to like the franchise to like the movie... I'll remember that when Brian tries to drag me to see it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made a note to get that series to read later on in the summer!! Hope your week flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our grocery store is always SO busy on the weekends and a lot of times stuff isn't stocker- so frustrating for sure! My favorite time to grocery shop is like 7AM on a Saturday when no one else is up yet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I are dying to see the new Star Trek movie! After listening to everybody's reviews, it sounds like we need to get our butts to the theater soon! We went grocery shopping on a Saturday recently, and everything was pretty bare in the stores, but there were also very few people. I think that I'd still choose Sunday because even though the store is busier, at least you can get everything, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. We always have the worst luck with grocery shopping and I wonder if it's just the days we go-- they will be out of the most random things (egg whites, rice cakes, flour) & we shop at a safeway! So it's not like it's a tiny little store or something- sorry for the mini rant, I just feel your frustration :) I haven't been to the movies in forever- I'm glad you enjoyed the one you went to see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grocery stores are super weird to me on weekends since I always go in the middle of the day during the week. Always so crowded and so empty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your tough work week!!! I feel ya. the whole summer is my tough busy time (and then I get slow in the fall/winter) so I'm right there with you. we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that image at the end. I could definitely use some of that vibe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been looking for a new, good book to read. I'll have to look into that series. :) Also, I feel the exact same way on Saturdays when I grocery shop. It's like everyone has beaten me to everything I need. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will have to check out this series, it sounds really cute! I'm always looking for fun and light reads. I do enough serious reading all day at work haha!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you blew through that series so fast. I now want to read them as well.

    ReplyDelete