Monday, July 11, 2016

Weekend Recap

What a weekend!  Is it already Monday?  Seems like this weekend just flew by.

I didn't do anything too crazy on Friday.  Just a trip to the gym, and that is pretty much it.  I used to always take Friday off, but sometimes it is nice to start off the weekend with a good work out.

Saturday was busy!  I was up bright and early for Provident's Rooster Run.  I will be recapping that later this week!  My mom was heading down for a visit, so after the run I went home and waited for her arrival.  The run actually took less time than I had anticipated, so I had a bit of time to read a few magazines, which was really nice.  After my mom got here, we cleaned out a few of my kitchen cabinets.  I didn't really have much to get rid of, I just wanted her advice to see if I could organize them in a better way.  We decided to do a little shopping, and headed to the mall near my apartment.  My mom is by far my favorite shopping partner, so it was nice to be out with her.  We headed home for a quick lunch, then headed out again for my regular weekend shopping.  First on the agenda was World Market.  The one closest to my parents closed, so my mom always likes to browse the store that is close to me.  We both picked up these kitchen towels - they are super cute!  I got the aqua, while my mom went with red.  It was great having her to run errands with - somehow grocery shopping isn't as awful when shopping with someone else!  My mom made this awesome salmon and salad for dinner.  I highly suggest checking out this Chopped Salad with Roasted Vegetables from Dinner at Tiffani's.  It was super good and the roasted vegetables added such a great flavor to the salad!

We started Sunday out with a walk around my neighborhood.  It was a great morning - the humidity was low and there was a nice little breeze.  My mom headed out after making her "Laurie McMuffin's", which is just egg, cheese and bacon on an English muffin - delicous!  I met up with some girls that I am on the Provident Young Professionals Board with to get things in place for the bar crawl.  After meeting with everyone, I am beyond excited for the bar crawl.  The area we are holding this is in Soulard, which is a gorgeous area of St. Louis.  We had a few drinks while out, and it was nice to hang out with everyone and enjoy the gorgeous (and hot!) weather.  My mom was so helpful when she was over that my normal Sunday to do's were pretty much done on Saturday.  I enjoyed the rest of my Sunday in front of the TV, catching old episodes of RHONJ while anticipating the new season.  New Jersey is definitely one of my favorite Real Housewives' series, and I am super excited that it is back on!   

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start the week!  Happy Monday!


via 

Linking up with Biana

22 comments:

  1. Your weekends with your mom always sound so great. Can't wait to see more on this bar crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started out my weekend with a workout as well - just makes me feel better about all the eating I do LOL! My mom is my favorite shopping buddy as well - they always tell us the truth! I have to admit - i totally cried when teresa came home to her kids LOL! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bar crawl sounds like it will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like such a fun visit from your Mom! Moms are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! That's awesome you finished your run faster than you expected too, congratulations! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love working out on Friday, it is like that one workout keeps me motivated all weekend. Real Housewives of New Jersey is one of my favorites as well. I am really excited for this season. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend!!! Fun that you got to have a little girl time with your mama too, those weekends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bar crawls are so fun! Sounds like the one you are planning will be great!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! Those kitchen towels are super cute. I find you can never have enough kitchen towels either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate that we don't have a World Market nearby! Everyone always talks about how amazing it is and I wanna go!! I think there's one about 45 minutes away, so one day we'll have to plan a day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend with your mom! And the bar crawl sounds like it will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved that they were playing episodes from last season before the new season started up! It was so emotional watching Teresa come home, and I can't even imagine how she was feeling! And yes to a shopping day with your mom! Those are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the towels and Lauries muffins sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it was a great weekend! I love shopping with my mom too and you are so right, grocery shopping is so much better when you have someone to go with!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  15. The run sounds like so much fun! And I'm excited RHONJ is back too, that was a long 2 years! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so nice getting to spend time with your Mom. I think I need to make some time this week and get together with mines. Almost feel sometimes like I don't give much of my time to her.

    Sounds like a lovely weekend. Looking forward to your Rooster Run post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm that chopped salad! Need to try out that recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a fun & productive weekend! The World Market closest to me closed, too, but I'm not complaining too much because they put a Trader Joe's there! :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had a great weekend with your mom!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your mom! We love roasted veggies so I will definitely be checking out that salad, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like such a great weekend with your mom! Glad you guys had some great quality time! My grandfather also makes McMuffins at home and names them after himself. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to try that salad out. I live off of salad during the summer!

    ReplyDelete