Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Weekend Recap: 4th of July

Hey all!  Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.  Not of ton of things to report here, so this will be a quick post to start off the quick week!

The weather was pretty crappy all weekend.  It rained on and off the whole time, and the short bits it wasn't raining, it was super muggy and humid.  I didn't get any pool time like I had hoped, but I did check a few things off my to do list!  

A few highlights of the weekend...

Cheese & wine.  One of my favorite ways to start off the weekend is with a cheese and meat plate.  Add in a bit of wine, Modern Family, and you have a great Friday night.

St. Louis 4th of July Parade.  St. Louis has a really neat parade, that I honestly didn't know about until this year.  While I didn't attend, they televised it, and it was neat to see all the different floats and performances.  Definitely have to remember that for next year!

Banana muffins.  I have a bad habit of saying, "oh, I am going to keep these ripe bananas for banana bread" and then instead of actually making bread or muffins, the bananas go in the garbage.  This time I actually made them!  I used this recipe and they turned out just as good as I remembered.

Mexican.  Obviously, I was having a good food weekend.  I met one of my good friends for dinner this weekend and it was a lot of fun.  We spent a lot of time chatting over dinner, and stayed a bit longer than our waiter probably liked. 

Work test - done!  I completed a work test on Sunday.  While it took me a whole lot longer than I anticipated - my coworker told me it would take 2 hours, it took me more like 8! - I felt really good to get it done.  I already signed up for another one, so wish me luck with that!  I realized after doing the first one, I can break it up into sections, which will make it way more doable then spending all day on it again.  Thank goodness.

Back to the grind today!  Hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July!

Linking up with BianaLauraJennand Mackensey.


16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the weather was so crappy, but glad you still had fun and got to knock a few things off your list!! I haven't made banana muffins ever, but love making bread - i should try the muffins next time! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that it rained for you but it sounds like you still had a good weekend! I love a good cheese plate--smoke gouda is becoming a favorite and I really love goat cheese :) What kinds of cheeses do you use? Glad you got that test over with! Have a great day back at work!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh sorry to hear you had such yucky weather this weekend! Never fun for a long weekend. But wine and cheese and Mexican food definitely makes up for gross weather! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks that the weather wasn't cooperating, but it sounds like you still had a fantastic Fourth of July weekend! I totally agree that there's nothing better than starting off the weekend with a meat and cheese tray, it's always a good idea! That's also awesome that you were able to catch the parade on TV, even though you weren't able to make it! I hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE me some banana bread, perfect way to use bananas. And yum, Mexican, I'm craving it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so disappointing that it rained this weekend. That is great that you got your work test done. I was suppose to do one too but I totally forgot about it. Will need to get it done sometime this week. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing with bananas! I'm always letting them go bad, I need to get better at that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a lot of fun highlights despite the weather!! I'm totally the same way with the bananas, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food sounds delicious, and how come you had to take a work test over the weekend? Bummer.

    Cheese and wine! I actually really love grapes with cheese as well.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you were able to have some fun minus the weather. it is awful right here right now in atlanta. i do the SAME thing with bananas---glad you actually made the muffins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you didn't get any pool time in, but the banana muffins and Friday night meat and cheese plate sound awesome. Modern Family is a definite favorite in our house, too!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a yummy 4th weekend! I do the same thing with bananas ALL. THE. TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had the same unpredictable rainy weather all weekend but I didn't mind the excuse to relax and recharge indoors. Cheese and wine alone make for a good weekend in my books! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had one fun and memorable 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no, such a bummer that you had bad weather this weekend. :o( Y'all need to send some of that rain our way... we're in a terrible drought. We finally got some yesterday but these two weeks are the ones where we need NO rain since J is in his swimming lessons. Go figure. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for a productive weekend-- especially since it sounds like the weather didn't cooperate much. Your Friday nights always sound like perfection!

    ReplyDelete