Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - #NSale

Hey all!  I picked up all my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale packages from my apartment office on Tuesday and could not wait to try them on!  The reason I love this sale, along with so many others, is because you get cool weather items on sale now, rather than having to wait until after the season.  I ordered quite a few items, realizing that not everything would work.  Below are the things I kept, and the ones that will be heading back to the store.

Kept:
Lucky Brand Bashina Perforated Bootie 
Everyone has been raving about these booties and after trying them on, I understand why.  They are super cute and very comfortable!  I have seen them paired with dresses and with jeans - both cute either way!  

KUT from the Kloth Diana Distressed Stretch Skinny Jeans 
I actually bought a pair of these from my friend's boutique a few years ago and I just love them.  Unfortunately, the first few times I washed them, I did not turn them inside out.  Since they are a bit faded, I knew I wanted to replace them.  They fit so well, come up a bit higher on the waist, which I love, and I find that they don't stretch out much after multiple wears.  While the name has "distressed" in it, I didn't find anything distressed about these jeans, which is what I was hoping for, that way they are appropriate for both work and play!

Eliza J Seamed Crepe Shift Dress 
I knew I wanted to stock up on some dresses for work, and initially this dress in pink caught my eye.  However, I felt like the pink is a little too bright for my work environment, so I ended up ordering the pine.  I love it!  The structure of this dress is so nice, and I love the sleeve length.  I can definitely see throwing a jacket over it, or just wearing it as-is.  It totally works for out of the office, too!  Just a classic dress.

Maggy London Colorblock Scuba Midi Dress 
Another great dress for work.  I am thinking this may also function as my gala dress for next year.  I can totally see it dressed up a bit with jewelry!  

Tahari Melange Woven Sheath Dress 
I love the light gray color of this dress, as well as the v-neckline.  The longer length of this dress and the one above is something I am really loving right now.

Lush Karly Shift Dress
These dresses have been around for awhile, and I can see why.  It was so comfortable and flowly.  I can see myself wearing this out to dinner, as well as for a wedding I have this September.  At just over $30, you can't really beat the price either! 

Those are the items that I kept - here is what is going back to the store.

Returned:
Caslon Plaid Cotton Two-Pocket Shirtdress - The website says it fits true to size, but I found it ran a bit big.  It kind of looked as if I was playing dress up in a very large mens shirt - not a good look!

KUT from the Kloth Diana Distressed Stretch Skinny Jeans  - These are the same type of black jeans I kept from above, but I really did not like the wash of these jeans.  I was looking for something a little nicer, but they seemed too casual for what I was wanting.

KUT from the Kloth Stevie Stretch Straight Leg Jeans - I loved the wash of these jeans, but the straight leg is just not for me.  My legs looked short and stumpy.

I have a few other items I am returning, but I couldn't find them online, so I am guessing they have sold out.  It's amazing to me how quickly things are gone!  It's important to check back, though, because they do restock some items.  

I keep finding more things I like, but those will just have to go on my Christmas list.  I think that list will keep growing, because I keep getting ideas from seeing other people's finds!  All in all, it was an extremely successful Anniversary Sale for me.  Until next year...    

Linking up with Annie.

14 comments:

  1. Aren't those perforated booties just the best?! You are so right, they are cute and comfortable and the styling possibilities are endless!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were able to get so many dresses for work! I have the Kut Diana jeans in a dark denim and have worn them for years! They are really comfortable!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The booties are so cute and would go with tons of outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great stuff!! I want those booties and the jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got so many great pieces- especially for work! I love the booties-- do you wear them with socks, I've always wondered if they would show on cutout booties?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a card, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to find everything on my wishlist when the sale opens up to everybody on Friday! You got some great pieces, and I love those booties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your choices! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Karly shift dress is gorgeous! I might have to snag one of those! That red one is my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing what people get! I got the Lush Karly dress last year in a floral print and still love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the booties and the red dress! Love it all really :) I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok seriously those shoes are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Karly dresses are the best - you'll love - I just added another color to my collection because they are so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just opened up three new tabs with some of your finds!! You kept some awesome stuff. I'm intrigued by those booties! I don't have the card, so I'll be popping on later tonight to shop! Thanks for sharing this list. :)

    ReplyDelete