Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Mom's Homemade Chex Mix

My mom makes the best homemade Chex mix.  After she made it for my dad's birthday, I knew it was something I wanted to share.  The best thing about homemade Chex mix, is the fact that you can customize it to your personal taste.  The recipe below is my personal favorite, for sure!




Mom's Homemade Chex Mix (a take on the original Chex party mix recipe) 
2 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 1/2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1 generous cup lightly-salted mixed nuts
1 generous cup Snyders mini pretzels
1 generous cup sea salt (or garlic) bagel chips, broken into 1 inch pieces
1 generous cup Goldfish Cheddar Crackers
6 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoon Lawry's seasoned salt (25% less sodium)
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine cereal, nuts, pretzels, bagel chip bites, and cheese crackers.  In a large, ungreased roasting pan, melt butter in oven.  Stir in seasonings.  Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated.  Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Spread on a cookie sheet, lined with paper towels, to cool, about 15 minutes.  Store in an airtight container.  Enjoy!

Also, check out my guest post on Evelina's blog for one of my very favorite summer recipes - Summer Chickpea Salad!


Linking up with LauraJennand Mackensey.

15 comments:

  1. Homemade chex mix is the bomb.com! Waaay better than the bagged stuff (and I really like that kind too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This homemade chex mix sounds so good and I love that you included goldfish in it! I'll definitely be saving this one for when football season rolls around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my FAVES!! Reminds me of being a little kid and seeing this at birthday parties and games. Fab recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homemade chex mix! This sounds delish!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that there are goldfish in this!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. I love chex mix. Such a good snack. I can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh that sounds really good, Emily! I love that it contains Goldfish! We love Goldfish in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love mom's recipes! My mom makes homemade chex mix too and it's one of Christopher's favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh this sounds so good! Chex mix can sometimes be too salty for me so I love that you don't have to add any extra in if you don't want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds amazing and I love that it includes Goldfish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm this sounds delicious - would be fun to make it homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How haven’t I tried to make this before?? So easy and I bet it tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! My sister and I ate Chex Mix so much growing up that I feel like we should be making it ourselves instead of paying for it all the time! I also love that you can customize it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM! I've never made my own chex mix before, but after looking over this list of ingredients I am SUPER intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete