The start of a new month brings a list of new goals! But first, I want to share how I did with the month of June.
1. Make 4 new recipes. I think I only made two new recipes in the month of June. These enchiladas were pretty good, but I have a few ideas on how I would like to tweak it for my personal tastes. I also made a recipe from the Cravings cookbook, Margarita Chicken Fajitas, which was so, so good. If you have the cookbook, make it ASAP. It's so delicious.
2. Clean out my make up bag. I did this - and I even washed my make up brushes, too. Although the make up brushes were technically done in July, but hey, it's close enough. I got rid of a bunch of make up I don't use, and now I feel like I have a better idea of the items I do have, in case I want to switch things up a bit.
3. Put away my winter coats. Done! I still need to get some coats dry cleaned before I store them, but that should be done this weekend. Everything else is put away and ready to go come fall/winter.
4. Take an online test at work. I signed up for one while it was still June, but I didn't end up taking it until this past weekend. Either way, I am proud of myself for getting it done! I already signed up for another, so hopefully I can knock that out quickly!
Overall, it was a pretty good month goal-wise. While the items I wanted to accomplish were quite doable, it was a busy month for me, spending most weekends at my parents, so when I think about that it makes me feel even better about getting things done!
1. Print updated pictures. I have some pretty out of date pictures in my frames at work. For example, I have a newborn picture of Jack and he is going to be 1 next month! While that picture is adorable, I think an update is definitely necessary.
2. Meal plan. I am pretty good at looking ahead to the week and having a few set meals in place to make. However, July will be a busy month for me at work in the coming weeks and I would like to plan out a little further ahead, so that when I get home from work later, I don't just have cereal and milk. Although, I really do enjoy cereal and milk for dinner some nights!
3. Read two "real" books. I have had my head stuck in my Kindle lately, while I have a stack full of actual paper books to read. I want to knock out at least two of them this month.
4. Use gift cards. I have a small stack of gift cards in my purse that have been there for ages. I just never think to use them, but I want to be more proactive. There is no reason I should have a gift card that is 3 years old in my purse. While I don't want to buy anything just to make use of a gift card, I want to actually remember they are there to use. And if I never will use them, then I need to just pass them along to someone who will.
Do you have any goals you want to accomplish this month?
Linking up with Kristen and Annie.