Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 2016 Goals

via 

The start of a new month brings a list of new goals!  But first, I want to share how I did with the month of June.

June Goals:

1.  Make 4 new recipes.  I think I only made two new recipes in the month of June.  These enchiladas were pretty good, but I have a few ideas on how I would like to tweak it for my personal tastes.  I also made a recipe from the Cravings cookbook, Margarita Chicken Fajitas, which was so, so good.  If you have the cookbook, make it ASAP.  It's so delicious.

2.  Clean out my make up bag.  I did this - and I even washed my make up brushes, too.  Although the make up brushes were technically done in July, but hey, it's close enough.  I got rid of a bunch of make up I don't use, and now I feel like I have a better idea of the items I do have, in case I want to switch things up a bit.

3.  Put away my winter coats.  Done!  I still need to get some coats dry cleaned before I store them, but that should be done this weekend.  Everything else is put away and ready to go come fall/winter.

4.  Take an online test at work.  I signed up for one while it was still June, but I didn't end up taking it until this past weekend.  Either way, I am proud of myself for getting it done!  I already signed up for another, so hopefully I can knock that out quickly!


Overall, it was a pretty good month goal-wise.  While the items I wanted to accomplish were quite doable, it was a busy month for me, spending most weekends at my parents, so when I think about that it makes me feel even better about getting things done!

July Goals:

1. Print updated pictures.  I have some pretty out of date pictures in my frames at work.  For example, I have a newborn picture of Jack and he is going to be 1 next month!  While that picture is adorable, I think an update is definitely necessary. 

2.  Meal plan.  I am pretty good at looking ahead to the week and having a few set meals in place to make.  However, July will be a busy month for me at work in the coming weeks and I would like to plan out a little further ahead, so that when I get home from work later, I don't just have cereal and milk.  Although, I really do enjoy cereal and milk for dinner some nights!

3.  Read two "real" books.  I have had my head stuck in my Kindle lately, while I have a stack full of actual paper books to read.  I want to knock out at least two of them this month.  

4.  Use gift cards.  I have a small stack of gift cards in my purse that have been there for ages.  I just never think to use them, but I want to be more proactive.  There is no reason I should have a gift card that is 3 years old in my purse.  While I don't want to buy anything just to make use of a gift card, I want to actually remember they are there to use.  And if I never will use them, then I need to just pass them along to someone who will.

Do you have any goals you want to accomplish this month?

Linking up with Kristen and Annie.

21 comments:

  1. Loveeee the Cravings cookbook, but haven’t made those fajitas yet! Adding that to next week’s list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you just send me those gift cards you don't want to use! My sister holds onto gift cards and I feel like I need an award if I can hold onto a gift card for a month haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Clean up makeup bag" YIKES !! Just the thought and I looked at my makeup section and sometimes just want to throw a cloth over it to cover the untidiness. hehe

    I have been thinking of getting meals delivered weekly just to keep my eating on track for the next month.
    It's so hard these days meal prepping.
    Hope you can prep ahead and stay on track.

    Those gift cards are tough to be reminded of. I have 3 and still haven't used them yet. hehe

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go shopping with those cards girl and have fun!! I LOVE actual books in my hands. Just finishing up You by Caroline Kepnes...so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with cereal and milk for dinner! :) If you're not going to use your gift cards (e.g., places you don't like), there are lots online websites that are resellers (e.g., they take a small percentage of the gift card value and give you cash). It's a great service if they're going to get wasted! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your goals for getting pictures printed and for using old gift cards! We have two nieces that don't even have pictures in our house, and one will be two in November and the other will be three in December! I feel like such a lazy Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your June goals!! It always feels so good crossing things off your list! I can't believe that about your gift cards either!!!! Whenever I get one it burns a hole in my pocket until I use it LOL. Treat yo self!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have quite a few gift cards in my wallet as well! I started using the Gyft app where I can upload all my giftcards and I remember to use them a little more often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Use those gift cards, girl!!!!! :-) I meant to store away winter coats too and never got it done.. whoops. Oh well, since this is Oregon, we'll need them in a few months anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list of goals that you accomplished last month and a nice list this month! Yay for the winter coats being gone. Mine were gone like in March here in Atl. I sure wouldn't mind a little cooler weather right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang girl, use those gift cards!! I'm really bad about not using mine in a timely manner as well, but I don't think I have any that are three years old. Lol. You should definitely treat yourself! And good job cleaning out your makeup brushes. I never do that which is really disgusting. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, a gift card from 3 years ago?! my gift cards last like 3 minutes. hahaha. seriously though, we got a walmart gift card last year and we never shop at walmart and i had spent it in like 5 minutes. i can find something anywhere! good luck with the real books, when i read a book or two on my kindle, i tend to keep reading on my kindle and then all of a sudden a few months have passed with no 'real' books. and um, cereal for dinner is the bomb! haha. but yeah, not always good haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've been trying to print updated pictures for FOUR YEARS lol. i even have the frames and everything but dammit, being lazy just gets in the way of everything :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to print updated pictures, too!! Spending gift cards has never been an issue for me though!! If you need help with that, let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is inspiring me to get rid of some of my coats! We recently moved from Seattle to Chicago and I'm still hanging on to a bijillion winter coats that I either need to put into storage or get rid of entirely. Boooo, but thanks for the motivation :-) And good job on getting through your June goals! -- Lisa | Naptime Chai

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you did great on your June goals! I still need to officially put away my winter stuff, as they are currently sitting in a piece of (open) luggage on my bedroom floor! I definitely need to clean out my makeup bags and get rid of stuff I know I'm never going to use. I don't remember the last time I printed pics, but just signed up for CVS photo because their process seems easy (and because my mom has been bugging me for some updated pics!). Make sure to use those gift cards! I once had one for over a year for Victoria's Secret, and when I went to use it, they said it had expired even though there was no date on it. I made a fuss and asked for the manager and eventually was able to use it, but still it was such a pain! Plus, free money ;) Good luck with your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the goal for reading the real books - as easy as it is to get them on my iPad, I still love getting actual books sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to print out pictures too. We had so many great ones from our last shoot and I want to put them up. I have been super lazy about it. I need to make new recipes too. Gotta change things up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, I need to update some framed photos around the house! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im still a little bit bitter that I had my winter coat cleaned once it got warm-- only for it to get super cold again so I had to get it back out and I probably need to have it washed again-- though it feels like it will be winter again before we know it (le sigh).

    ReplyDelete