Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Favorites 7.8.16

Thank goodness it is Friday!  For some reason the short weeks always seem to drag for me.  Not to mention, I thought Wednesday was Thursday.  You can imagine my disappointment when that was not the case.

1.  My mom is coming to visit!  We don't have any set plans, but I am hoping that I can coerce her into helping me clean out some of my kitchen cabinets.

2.  Rooster Run.  I know I have mentioned Provident multiple times, but it is a local St. Louis organization that helps people to a brighter future through mental health services.  This weekend is their annual Rooster Run.  It is my first time volunteering for this event and I am really excited!  Not only will it be great to see everyone out and about supporting Provident, one of my fellow Young Professional members is going to be the mascot - Rudy the Rooster.  I am hoping I can snag a picture with her there!

3.  OPI Nail Polish - Moon Over Mumbai.  I forgot about this pretty shade of nail polish I had until just recently.  I decided to go with it last time I painted my nails and I am definitely planning on repeating it.  It's a super like gray-ish color.  I love the look of white or pale, pale pink, and I think this gives a similar look, just with a grey/silver tint. 

4.  Clear skies!  I think we have had rain everyday since Saturday.  I think this weekend they finally are calling for a day with no rain!  Bonus points if the humidity lessens, too.  

5.  Working internet.  Definitely something I take for granted some days.  And then nights like tonight, where it is in and out, makes me really appreciate the day it just works with no issues.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!     

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.     

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like your mom is in for some fun with helping you clean your kitchen cabinets lol - seriously tho that's a task my mom would love! I'm a fan of gray colors on nails too! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you get some clear skies and manageable humidity (isn't that all we can hop for this time of year in the widwest?) this weekend, girl! Have fun with your mom! We need to clean out our cabinets, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is going to be nice here this weekend, very hot though! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your Mom coming to visit, and if she's anything like mine, she will totally clean out your cabinets, LOL. We are suppose to have some nice weather this weekend too, and I would LOVE for less humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glitchy internet drives me bonkers...reminds me of the dial-up days!
    it's been so hot and humid here for a week now and we're supposed to get a break (rain/reduced humidity) which is a great welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mom's are perfect for stuff like that! I'm moving in a few weeks and my mom is coming down to help me out! I'm a fan of white nail polish these days! Gray is one of my favorite too though, I'll have to check that color out! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. working internet--yasss! The power was out twice this week for several hours. I was freaking out. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for your Mom visiting. That's always the best. I love OPI nail polish so I will have to look out for that color. Have a great weekend! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing worse than when technology stops working! I always get so frustrated when it happens! And yes to having things backwards all week! Yesterday felt like Friday so much and I was so sad that I had to work today! I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy mom time!! Happy weekend!!! XOXO, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so frustrating when technology isn't working. Although, I should probably appreciate the time and read or do something else disconnected!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a fun weekend with your mom! I seriously would love to spend a weekend cleaning out cabinets and closets at my moms house..she's a little hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I was the only one who felt the short weeks were the longest! Have a fun visit with your mom! I'm seeing my mom this weekend too!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your mom's visit! Mine comes in 13 days and obviously I'm counting down! Have a fun weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that nail color. I want to get it. Subtle but pretty. Yay for your mom coming to visit. I need to clean my kitchen cabinets out too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looove that nail color! Have fun with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you really did get your clear skies and working internet! Those are two wonderful things. :) Also, I need to check out that nail polish! I've been going with white a lot lately so I like your description of this one. :)

    ReplyDelete