Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday Favorites 7.29.16

Today is my first favorite - it's Friday!  This work week has been a long one and I am so glad it is finally Friday!  We have one more big thing to get through today and then things will slow down - thankfully!

That leads me to my next favorite.  In one of my boss's emails today, he told me that I can take the afternoon off.  He jokes around a lot and I wasn't sure if this was one of those times, or if he really meant it.  However, he said something again later on in the day and when we were leaving...so I am hoping that actually happens.  Fingers crossed nothing pops up to get in the way of that!  An early out would make this day even better!

I have another relaxing weekend planned.  The only set plans I have is brunch on Sunday.  I LOVE brunch and have not been in so long.  Bring on the mimosas!

I had to buy lunch one day this week, and decided to go with pizza, from the café at work.  They have amazing pizza.  I was deciding what slice to grab, when the pizza station worker told me that if I just waited 3 minutes, he would make a fresh one for me.  I waited, and it was well-worth it.  They use a wood fire oven for the pizza and oh my goodness, is the crust delicious.  I am craving another piece right now, just thinking about it!

My best friend sent me a new recipe to try this week - Thai burgers.  I love getting recipes from friends - it's always so fun to know what others are cooking.  I plan on trying them next week. Hopefully they will turn out well for me and I can then pass them on to you!

Have the best weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.  






7 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers for you that you get to leave early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love getting pizza fresh from the oven. SO good! Hope you get off early today, friend! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yes, I too Hope you get to enjoy afternoon off! And enjoy brunch this weekend too, hope the whole weekend is relaxing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I hope you get to leave early! That is one of THE best ways to start a weekend!!!!! That pizza sounds absolutely incredible and is making my mouth water lol. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your brunch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh wood fired pizza. I really hope you get to leave early today and have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for leaving early! I wish I could sneak out early! And enjoy brunch... it's one of my favorite things and I haven't been out for brunch in forever! I think hubs and I need to have a day date soon to do just that. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed that you get the afternoon off too! There's nothing better than your boss telling you to go home early! I hope that you have a great weekend that involves an awesome brunch and mimosas!

    ReplyDelete