Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Favorites 7.15.16

Work has started to get a bit crazy, along with some travel plans this weekend, so today is going to be short and sweet.

1.  Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  Like the majority of other bloggers (and non-bloggers), I am beyond excited about this sale!  I have already made my purchases and am having to hold myself back on purchasing any others.  Check back next week for some of my favorites!

2.  Last weekend, my mom and I picked up this super cute Ric Rac ribbon in the Target Dollar Spot.  We used it to dress up a few gift bags, by just tying it around the handle and it looks so nice!  There is plenty left over to use for different things, too.  Definitely a Dollar Spot win!




3.  I mentioned on Monday that my mom made this delicious Chopped Salad with Roasted Vegetables while she was visiting.  I had enough leftovers for a few lunches this weekend and oh my goodness, was it good.  I actually was craving the salad come lunch.  I was a little worried that the roasted veggies might get weird, but they didn't at all.  Such a delicious salad!

4.  I just discovered an awesome TV show called Greatest Hits.  This past episode I watch included songs by Chicago (one of my favorites!), Wilson Phillips, Bon Jovi, and Kenny Loggins.  Each guest performs a shorten version of some of their favorite songs.  Such a delightful surprise following the Town Hall President Obama held.

5.  Michigan!  Ahhh, I am going to Michigan this weekend.  While it is going to be a super, super quick trip, I am ridiculously excited about going to the beach with my family.  It's been 5 long years!  Fingers crossed the weather is nice, but even if there is some rain, playing cards and reading on the porch sounds just as fabulous!


Also, an extra favorite for this morning.  I am so excited to share that the ladies from High Five for Friday, Katie, Tif and Della, have featured A Little Bit of Emily during their link-up this week!  Every week they share a new blogger, which I think is so nice.  I am always looking for new blogs to read and this is a great way to learn about others!  Make sure to stop by their blogs (just click on their names) and say hi!  Thank you ladies - this was such a highlight to my Friday! 

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.  

21 comments:

  1. Enjoy your beach weekend girl - you deserve it with how hard you've been working!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop for Michigan, our favorite state and we are only 15 minutes away from the Michigan line. Have a ball!! We just spent a glorious week up North on the Lake there!! Going to Target & the dollar bins today...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that ribbon too and wondered what could I do with it, now I know, thanks!

    I hope you get good weather, have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to check out that Greatest Hits show. Those are my jams! That salad sounds good, too. I was wondering how the veggies would hold up. I can't wait to see your Nordstrom finds! Have a great weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an amazing time in Michigan this weekend! Fingers crossed the weather is nice for you! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you picked up in the nordstrom sale! I have my eye on a pair of boots and am hoping my size will be available once the sale is public. I hope you guys end up with some great weather when you're in Michigan- such a great vacation spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your family time this weekend in Michigan! There really is nothing better than getting to hang out with family in a place that you love! And yes to everything at the Nordstrom sale! I wish that I had early access because there's so many cute pieces that I'm loving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the Anniversary Sale! Can't wait to see what you picked! Have the best trip to the beach this weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not be more excited about the Nordstrom sale - best sale of the year by far! Have an amazing weekend in Michigan <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't resist the #NSale. I can't wait for my pieces to arrive!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your feature!! That's so awesome! And thanks for introducing me to those new blogs and a new link-up! I wasn't familiar with any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get beautiful weather for your quick little beach trip- enjoy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun in Michigan, girl! And congrats on being featured! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That salad sounds delicious! I like to add roasted veggies when I make salads from the salad bar at Whole Foods but I never think of doing it at home.

    http://ashortblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great trip in Michigan! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh my husband is OBSESSED with Greatest Hits! It's cracking me up!! Have a fun weekend traveling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a super fun time in Michigan !
    Happy Friday !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being featured this week! that salad sounds delicious. I hope you have a fabulous weekend in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am super excited about the nordstrom sale as well, can't help it lol. that tv show sounds awesome! hope you had a great weekend with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love ric rac and pom poms so I've got to head to Target to look for those. I'm hoping to figure out a way to add pom poms to curtains in Olive's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete